New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2019

Theike

I think that the Vestrum is effectively a 4 cylinder "short" wheelbase version of the 4 cylinder "long" wheelbase Maxxum .  And yes those wheels and tyres will be perfect donors for fitting a decent set of R38/ 600/ 65s to Maxxums, Puma 175 and their blue T6, T7s as well so good news.  

But once again I do have to say this little Vestrum looks superb:)...….Just a shame the other CASE models released arent of an equal level of accuracy.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SPN said:

UH will cater to the broadest amount of potential customers.

I'm sure they will & Im sure most other model makers would do the same. But the BLUE one will do most just fine. ;). Bring on a 1184 TW or a few of the 4 pot County's. They have the cab ..& plenty rim options.. thats almost half the battle..!!

16 minutes ago, SPN said:

And it's got the new 2 point/3 point linkage.

be surprised if we see any old ones agian, will also be interesting to see if the new implememts are adapted to fit both ,a proper system rather than screws as they currently do 

20 hours ago, SPN said:

It is the strangest looking beast.

140 ponies in such a little package.

From some angles it looks like that smaller Valtra.

Hard to imagine..comparing it to the older blues..  It is on a par with a TW-15 in terms of power ..but around the size of a 7610 or 7740 ...How times have changed ..What displacement is the engine in the T5 ??

1 hour ago, justy 46 said:

Hard to imagine..comparing it to the older blues..  It is on a par with a TW-15 in terms of power ..but around the size of a 7610 or 7740 ...How times have changed ..What displacement is the engine in the T5 ??

Times have changed but I know which I'd rather have Justin. ;)

I was fortunate enough to witness a JD 4255 pulling a 5 furrow plough last year along with other classic JDs  and as its owner said it may only have 144hp but the torquiness and sheer grunt of those ponies would see it out pull his more modern 6930 (155hp) with absolute ease!!    A  T5.140 may have 140 hp but all the extra weight of a 132hp Ford TW15  would see it off Im sure.

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The T5.140 uses the FPT 4.5 litre engine .

The TW15 used a 6.6 litre engine.

20 hours ago, bluegreen said:

I was fortunate enough to witness a JD 4255 pulling a 5 furrow plough last year along with other classic JDs  and as its owner said it may only have 144hp but the torquiness and sheer grunt of those ponies would see it out pull his more modern 6930 (155hp) with absolute ease!!    A  T5.140 may have 140 hp but all the extra weight of a 132hp Ford TW15  would see it off Im sure.

As the Americans say...there is no replacement for displacement.. Torque from the big 6 pot + weight .. It's like comparing the old 7610 vs the 7810 !! Both in and around 100 hp.. The 7610 was the pocket rocket..but the 7810 pulled like a train in comparison.  I see a local farmer carting silage with a T5070 pulling an 18ft Kane Classic yesteday.. It must have been bossed around quiet alot up front !!:D

7 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

As the Americans say...there is no replacement for displacement.. Torque from the big 6 pot + weight .. It's like comparing the old 7610 vs the 7810 !! Both in and around 100 hp.. The 7610 was the pocket rocket..but the 7810 pulled like a train in comparison.  I see a local farmer carting silage with a T5070 pulling an 18ft Kane Classic yesteday.. It must have been bossed around quiet alot up front !!:D

That's very true Justin, you need weight to pull weight, and no matter what the brochures say, a six potter will always have more grunt than a four. One farm that i go to has a 6810 fitted with a replacement 7610 engine, and a 7810, both generation three. On paper, they're both around the 100hp mark, but the difference is like night and day. The 68feels more lively with the turbo, but once the revs fall it just dies away whereas the 78 hangs in there and will pull back from almost a stall. It's also much more stable on a trailer due to its extra length and weight.....but then compared to the 7050 it feels positively light weight!

Archived