1/32 Ford D Series

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Up on four wheels, got the two chassis parts done just filler to go. Not overly detailed underneath but if I start adding too many parts the cost of the kit would be too much for the 1/32 market. Concentrating on the mid size wheel variant alone at the moment, the other options should be possible using the Britain's trucks, both the Marius and the little Iveco.

IMG_20190518_165833.thumb.jpg.f98bbb0d0b304a514dcccfe19bde374c.jpg

IMG_20190518_165858.thumb.jpg.bd1f50a3e5141bdaa801a557dbc14ffe.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Guys

This is on the medium wheel size Sean, 28mm diameter. I have a smaller wheel size printed, 25mm diameter, but they are the same size as the Britains Iveco Cargo, so it makes sense to put the cab on the Iveco Chassis. Then for the larger wheel size, 32mm diameter, there is the Britains Magi/Deutz/Fiat/Iveco, which again it makes sense to mount the cab to that chassis for that wheel option. It's only the medium 28's that isn't currently catered for in 1/32.

Excellent James, this will make a few people happy. I particularly like it with the sides removed. Looks like it's just delivered a load of cwt bags of feed or fertiliser. 

very nice james, will keep an eye out for when you have them for sale, bedford tk is an interesting one, have driven one several time, prob worse to use than the sherpa i ended up with after it, and that was bad, had to use one like this for a couple of weeks when my mate was on holiday, had only passed my test a few months earlier, was ok size wise, driven bigger tractor and trailer rigs , but it was so weird, strange driving position ,you felt hunched over the steering wheel. my mate slammed the breaks on one day, in the summer and forgot the ladder hatch was open from lunch time , thing shot straight out over the cab and unfolded its self down the road, luckily it missed the car coming the other way 

4CD8EDAC-0ED4-4DEC-8600-F034B8AFAE12.jpeg

Your Ford D series is a lovely model James, well done :)

Will be a great addition to the 1:32 farm scene, especially for 70's/80's based dioramas. 

Looking forward to them being available for sale, think you will be pretty busy with orders! 

Archived