New 1/32 Universal Hobbies in 2020

AJH

If you put any 1960s/70s trailer on a modern tractor it will sit wrong because the hitching point is so much higher now

I'm guessing they put it on a 6x 5000 (38" wheels) and panicked. Moreso if they put it on a modern tractor

It's a feature, not a bug.

I remember the time we replaced an 895XL (34") with a CS94 (38") and all the trailers looked wrong behind it.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that is necessarily the case to be honest Stan, as I've said before, we still have a couple of old weeks trailers that we mainly use for storing feed and they both sit more or less level on all of our tractors, even the Deere with 38" rims on the back

WP_20180627_14_24_55_Pro.jpg.317fb18eb033c73ef36aa5684dc7280e.jpg

All depends too on if it's hitched to the pick up hitch or the swinging drawbar. We always hitched our KP trailers (witch very similar to the Weeks ) with the pick up hitch on both our 4000 & 4600 on 36 " rears ..and the sat very level. 

i get they want it to fit all the range, but that also shows a lack of understanding of the real machine they are making , those types of trailers would have been on a lot smaller tractors than uh produce ,their vintage stuff, or small modern stuff , to us the ford 5000 and the old mfs they have done ,stuff like that, its pretty rare to see a fendt 820 or mf7618 running around with a tiny 3 ton trailer on it. they got it right on the old grey mf and recent red mf trailers, which are spot on , so why did this go wrong ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m  anxiously awaiting the release of the 2188. We still have a lot of these machines in my part of the world so I’m excited to add a representation of one to my collection. 

I would have preferred a late model 2388 but this is close enough. 

E71D7D6B-9E47-4687-A04B-C0B20E6E9940.jpeg

On 3/31/2020 at 12:53 PM, 844john said:

I don't think that is necessarily the case to be honest Stan, as I've said before, we still have a couple of old weeks trailers that we mainly use for storing feed and they both sit more or less level on all of our tractors, even the Deere with 38" rims on the back

WP_20180627_14_24_55_Pro.jpg.317fb18eb033c73ef36aa5684dc7280e.jpg

I really noticed it years ago when we were at silage and the 895 (on 16.9/34s) calved and we called in a TS-A115 (on 18.4/38s) as back up. The 1970s Lee 8 tonner (originally designed for Ford 5000s/DB1210s/IH 784s/Etc) looked completely wrong with the much higher hitching point.

(On a seperate note, the TS-A was only a couple of days old and the pu hitch was stiff. It didn't lock properly when hitched to the Lee so when the first load was tipped it popped out and cleaned out the bank of spool valves  as it went skywards. Thankfully it didn't smash the back window)

• 2 weeks later...

having followed this topic about the weeks drawbar is/would it be any better removing and shortening the stand? or what about a bit of heat and gently bending the drawbar down?obviously it means damaging the paintwork,we used to have/use weeks trailers years ago

• 2 weeks later...

I have just purchased the weeks trailer, my first UH model ever as my collection is britains only, but when it arrived i was disappointed that the lower section of the stand was missing, so i was just wondering if anyone else has have this problem. I checked right through the box but nowhere to be seen.

tractorman314.

Archived