What's your latest Farm/Construction buy 2020

robbo

13 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Does the IH seem abit oversized compared to the 5000 ? . The 5000 should be a slightly bigger tractor in reality and have a longer wheel base.  The IH 624 would be more comparable to the 4000 in size. Looking at the photos ..the IH seems bigger to me. 

Ok tractor data sheets side by side Wheel Base IH 2.12 and Ford 2.43 so 30cm longer for the Ford

They both weigh 2600 KG both 4 cyl tractors and the IH is 60 hp and the Ford 70 hp

So what i did next is take my precision ertl out to compare

A few pix of them, now the ertl 5000 has a longer wheelbase, and top of the bonnet is a bit higher than the IH, the IH bonnet is just a bit wider, so that could be of a bit but i would have to see 2 real once side by side.

So hard to say what is right or wrong until i see them side by side in 1/1 scale ;) but i really like the 624 and think they did a super job on it

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, ertlerik said:

Ok tractor data sheets side by side Wheel Base IH 2.12 and Ford 2.43 so 30cm longer for the Ford

They both weigh 2600 KG both 4 cyl tractors and the IH is 60 hp and the Ford 70 hp

So what i did next is take my precision ertl out to compare

A few pix of them, now the ertl 5000 has a longer wheelbase, and top of the bonnet is a bit higher than the IH, the IH bonnet is just a bit wider, so that could be of a bit but i would have to see 2 real once side by side.

So hard to say what is right or wrong until i see them side by side in 1/1 scale ;) but i really like the 624 and think they did a super job on it

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5174.JPG

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

Yeah..Now that looks more like it Erik.. What's to say the UH is underscaled..which could well be the case. It looks a nice model.  Maybe Replicagri might do a few Fiats now next maybe and some off the latter IHs from the early 80's.

that was close, i only just saw the comment it was 16th before i replied, was going to ask about the driver for my stuff, does look a nice model ,and it should be given  replicagri’s  32nd stuff is normally some of the better kit around, i just wish they would do some mf stuff ,and some more classic implements 

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Yeah..Now that looks more like it Erik.. What's to say the UH is underscaled..which could well be the case. It looks a nice model.  Maybe Replicagri might do a few Fiats now next maybe and some off the latter IHs from the early 80's.

I would love to see a Fiat 640

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 4:28 PM, CX820Joe said:

Fendt 514C which I had a few days back and the smaller 509C which came today, really pleased with them.

20200514_161904.jpg

20200514_161929.jpg

I was tempted with the 514 but really its the 515 badged version I would prefer as a couple of them were on my patch back in the day, in fact I still know where one lives.

Well it looks so much better with a front linkage than when compared to the earlier 8220 model and its front weight.  Of course the fact that the real 1/1 size 8250s snout was at least 6 or more inches longer than the 8220 was no deterent to UH badging it wrong, but hey ho whats a couple of millimetres difference when the scales 1 32.

After my recent sales cash injection, it was only the right and proper thing to do, to spend as quickly as possible before we spend it at Tesco 

bought the umbers as they were only about £22. Had different number versions already, but at that price I was weak 

EA4731DB-B934-4AAF-BF9F-94E7A9126C8A.jpeg

A couple of DVD's arrived today, as I won't be able to look at any of the real things at shows this year I thought this would be the next best thing for a bit of research 

WP_20200523_11_59_59_Pro.jpg

Finally got my Wiking Fendt 900 and my Farm Models 936 decals.

These 900s have consistently been Wikings best detailed models.

There are so many 936s round here I decided to get the silver foil decals, which are a little to big but still better than the Wiking originals.

Put a 2016 plate on it as its not the nature green paint which came out in 2017 which is a shame.  But still a cracking model and very few left out there now too.

TNS dealer decals added as well.

P1080306.JPG

P1080303.JPG

Archived