What's your latest farm/Construction buy in 2021

robbo

4 hours ago, Dougerr76 said:

Totally agree and hopeful there is a 70th anniversary version as well

192369331_6305229552827909_1315607824331093685_n.jpg

Good chance UH will, Britains are doing a T254 70th - due October or thereabouts

After a long spell not buying anything, have bought 2 models, a Valtra A104 with the loader removed, and the UH Amazone sprayer with front tank (haven't a photo of the actual one).  I may not keep the sprayers, not keen on the distance between it and the tractor,  not sure yet.

20210602_110858.jpg

81g3GuGw0VL._AC_SX569_.jpg

• Like 2

When the SDF Hercules and other variants were announced by Schuco I put in an order with Marcus Selten at Farmmodels.nl for all of them, however, along came Brexit and Covid and he contacted me to say that they did not get them in stock and did not know when they would be getting them. He then refunded me the amount that I had paid up front which I thought was very decent of him rather than asking me to wait.

I then saw some of the comments from others about the difference and quality of the Schuco versions when compared to others from FM Modelbau and I started to hesitate about whether to get them or not. Eventually, (last week), I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Same Hercules standard version from a French seller on Ebay as all of the UK sellers had now sold out. 2 days after ordering the Hercules I got an email from Marcus Selten to say that they now had the full range back in stock and would I like to re-order. I have thanked him but I will wait to see the others in the flesh before I make up my mind. Having said that, I will not be getting the Gold Hercules as it is completely wrong but I might consider the Lamborghini and Hurlimann versions at some stage.

Then yesterday, only a week after I ordered it, the Hercules turned up from the French seller, really good service and I would use him again. At some stage, when I have more time, I will get all of the versions out side by side and do a comparison. 

Schuco Hercules.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, robbo said:

When the SDF Hercules and other variants were announced by Schuco I put in an order with Marcus Selten at Farmmodels.nl for all of them, however, along came Brexit and Covid and he contacted me to say that they did not get them in stock and did not know when they would be getting them. He then refunded me the amount that I had paid up front which I thought was very decent of him rather than asking me to wait.

I then saw some of the comments from others about the difference and quality of the Schuco versions when compared to others from FM Modelbau and I started to hesitate about whether to get them or not. Eventually, (last week), I decided to take the plunge and ordered the Same Hercules standard version from a French seller on Ebay as all of the UK sellers had now sold out. 2 days after ordering the Hercules I got an email from Marcus Selten to say that they now had the full range back in stock and would I like to re-order. I have thanked him but I will wait to see the others in the flesh before I make up my mind. Having said that, I will not be getting the Gold Hercules as it is completely wrong but I might consider the Lamborghini and Hurlimann versions at some stage.

Then yesterday, only a week after I ordered it, the Hercules turned up from the French seller, really good service and I would use him again. At some stage, when I have more time, I will get all of the versions out side by side and do a comparison. 

Schuco Hercules.jpg

The short-comings of the Hercules are just about disguised by the grills in the side panels, whereas they're plain to see on the Lamborghini which looks utterly atrocious from every angle. There's some decent clear shots of the Lambo on the Brushwood website. Yet to see the Hurlimann version but can't imagine it being much better. I bought the Same, but definitely won't be buying the others. I'd sooner spend the £120+ on something a lot more accurate. The FM-Modellbau versions are the best by miles, and some of the best resin 1/32nd scale models out there.  

*Edit.......Just searched for the Hurlimann on Google, and whilst it doesn't look great proportionally like the others, the Lambo still looks by far the worst and this largely down to the size of the gap between the Lamborghini decal at the top of the side panels and the 1556DT decal below. The gap between them is twice as deep as what it should be and this highlights further how far out the proportions of the model are compared to the Same and Hurlimann versions.......Might yet get the Hurlimann now, but its no where close to the top of my current shopping list.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, robbo said:

Schuco Hercules.jpg

How did buying from France work, did you get charged much in the way of import taxes?

2 hours ago, 0025 said:

How did buying from France work, did you get charged much in the way of import taxes?

The seller was called Marketoy and I have used them several times in the past. The price on ebay included the taxes and it was comparable with buying from a UK seller even when taking the postage fees into account

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, robbo said:

The seller was called Marketoy and I have used them several times in the past. The price on ebay included the taxes and it was comparable with buying from a UK seller even when taking the postage fees into account

Thanks Mike! Was wondering have used them before and always have had pretty good service from them!

I've bought a couple of these Ros Valtra N174s following the A104 I got yesterday.  I've deliberated over these for a while as they didn't get the most rave reviews and the back wheels and front linkage don't look right at all.  But for £22 each I thought I'd get them and see if there are any ways to improve them. 

20210603_172545.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, robbo said:

Have used them a  few times as well in the past mike , always been pretty quick to get to me as well 

It finally arrived today, been waiting since 2019 on this, But nothing anyone could do about that, The BIG Nooteboom Euro PX with dolly but doubt I'll ever use that the 6x4 Kenworth and 4 axle trailer are overkill for a 25 tonne combine, It comes with umpteen wee metal posts, doubt they will ever come out the bag and seperate chevrons for the trailer and dolly, tricky thing to handle as the rear axles are hinged onto the load bed and the dolly / swan neck hook easily on to the bed, All metal except the outriggers which are plastic.

Regards

Joe.

DSCN0032.JPG

DSCN0034.JPG

DSCN0035.JPG

• Like 6

I am sooooooo tempted to buy one, and the 8x4 Volvo to match.

Do you have the JOAL 45 tonne Kamasutra Joe?

That's about the only model I have that would justify having this outfit on the fleet (that's really pushing it. ha ha!)

No I never did get round to getting the Komatsu always though it expensive for what you got, I have a couple of JOAL pieces in 1/50th but not very keen on them, Unless MarGe are changing their direction and leaning towards plant I don't think there is anything out there suitably big enough for that EURO PX except for this Gomaco concrete paver which I was tempted to buy, Glad I didn't now as never realised how wide it was, But these days there is a video of the model.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a while to decide on which colour Valtra G135 to buy, but seeing as there are several black Valtras running around my locality I decided that was the best colour to get.

I have to say that yet again UH have triumphed with these new Valtras, this black one is superbly detailed😍

Joe CX, Get your wallet out before these black limited editions sell out😄

P1080874.JPG

P1080873.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, phil phoenix said:

It took me a while to decide on which colour Valtra G135 to buy, but seeing as there are several black Valtras running around my locality I decided that was the best colour to get.

I have to say that yet again UH have triumphed with these new Valtras, this black one is superbly detailed😍

Joe CX, Get your wallet out before these black limited editions sell out😄

P1080874.JPG

P1080873.JPG

I think I like the red one best Phil, am debating whether to get it though.  Probably shouldn't debate too long I suppose though.

• Like 1

I like that bronze colour, that did appear on the G135, I think it was only available via the dealer.  You see quite a few Valtras around with John Bownes stickers on, there is also Edwards and Farmer who sell them, they are a few miles south of Shrewsbury.