The Tractor Twitcher's Travels Revisited

The Tractor Twitcher

1 minute ago, jmd said:

Different cab on the 135 in the sale David can't say ive seen one like that before

Likewise John, first time i've photographed a cab like that on a 135, wish i'd taken more notice of the makers plate on it too, as I can't recall who manufactured it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Likewise John, first time i've photographed a cab like that on a 135, wish i'd taken more notice of the makers plate on it too, as I can't recall who manufactured it. 

theres something in my head its a brand something like weathersheild ,or weathertight, i know a man that will know,we all do,will drop him a  message 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

winscombe Sean ?

you mean winsam ?? paul, not sure its one of theirs , sure i have seen something like it in markys brouchures , the weathersheild may be the cab name not the maker, hes got so many i cant remember 

7 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

theres something in my head its a brand something like weathersheild ,or weathertight, i know a man that will know,we all do,will drop him a  message 

5 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

winscombe Sean ?

That would be great Sean, thank you. I did wonder if it was a later style or deluxe Winsam cab, but I don't think it is. Cannot remember what it said on the plate.......I do recall the tractor made £3950. 

6 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

you mean winsam ?? paul, not sure its one of theirs , sure i have seen something like it in markys brouchures , the weathersheild may be the cab name not the maker, hes got so many i cant remember 

thats it,winsam Sean

• Like 1

They seem have been a not uncommon cab fitted to Masseys in and around the Lincolnshire are. There's a few pictured in Stuart Gibbard's Tractors at Work books, but unfortunately the name of the manufacturer of them isn't mentioned

WP_20210316_06_43_15_Pro.jpg

WP_20210316_06_42_13_Pro.jpg

WP_20210316_06_42_42_Pro.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

as i thought and marky confirmed it, its a brand called weathersheilds ,he even attached a brochure of it 😆

apparently the lower front windows do vary depending on age . but  all pretty much the same 

9CDCBDF9-24CC-4637-9A0E-0D18357D49CF.png

Fantastic! Great to see, and have its identity confirmed.....had a feeling it might be Marky you'd asked. 😀

16 minutes ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Zetor Forterra 140HD and Claas Liner 2900 rake at work in 2019.

z - Copy.jpg

z_2 - Copy.jpg

z_4 - Copy.jpg

z_6 - Copy.jpg

Whilst it's nice to see the rarer makes,  that top photo with Emley Moor in the background is fabulous David, great to see, keep them coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

Whilst it's nice to see the rarer makes,  that top photo with Emley Moor in the background is fabulous David, great to see, keep them coming.

Thanks ever so much Joe, most appreciated. It's an area I've got to know quite well over the past three years. Spent quite bit of time on farms surrounding Emley Moor mast, certainly makes for a lovely back drop. Lots more to follow. 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

I loved the feature with the Valtras from the same area too, I love landmarks like that and power station cooling towers.

Thanks ever so much Joe. That was on the neighbouring farm to where I photographed the Zetor. 🙂