Spalding show 2021

robbo

On 6/21/2021 at 8:02 AM, robbo said:

Does anyone yet have the exhibitor list for the Spalding show on the 4th July?

https://www.spaldingmodeltractor.com/

I would like to see who is going to be there before I commit to making the journey

Have you tried contacting Colin Mike? If you find out, it would be good to have a list on here as I'm sure many will be asking the same question.

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

Have you tried contacting Colin Mike? If you find out, it would be good to have a list on here as I'm sure many will be asking the same question.

No not yet. It says on the website that a list will be published 14 days before the event, so far nothing has appeared

Edit: Email sent asking Colin for a list of traders/diorama displays

I am now perplexed.

I have had a reply to say that the show organisers are unable to list the traders attending as it would be a breach of GDPR. How are we supposed to make a decision on whether to attend if we don't know who is going to be trading?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

58 minutes ago, robbo said:

I am now perplexed.

I have had a reply to say that the show organisers are unable to list the traders attending as it would be a breach of GDPR. How are we supposed to make a decision on whether to attend if we don't know who is going to be trading?

I for one won't be going then, I would like to know who will be there as I travel near 3hrs to get there. Get with the modern age and keep people informed with various social media. Without us as the customer there will be no shows.

i would love to go, annoyingly work commitments for a major roadworks scheme thats ongoing have scuppered the plan appears ,bar one weekend in august i 1000% cant do, i am working every sunday from the 4th july, until the 22nd aug , ok moneys nice but i like my weekends off .

6 hours ago, robbo said:

I am now perplexed.

That must mean every show in recent history has done so then as they all list exhibitors. 

Definitely a no from me this time. 

I think it's safe to confirm the following in attendance through what's on social media or websites etc.

G&M FM - New Models etc
RJN - Hand Built to Order Classic / Vintage
Andy's Dad - Obsolete Models
1/32 farming models - Custom Work, Parts etc

Any others to add? 

2 hours ago, Andy said:

I think it's safe to confirm the following in attendance through what's on social media or websites etc.

G&M FM - New Models etc
RJN - Hand Built to Order Classic / Vintage
Andy's Dad - Obsolete Models
1/32 farming models - Custom Work, Parts etc

Any others to add? 

😘😉

Mmmm, apart from that weirdo down in Sussex there won’t be much oddball stuff there that can’t be purchased online and posted safely. Can’t see Niels coming over from the Netherlands as the tax thing is all up the duff. Plus, there’s not much new stuff out to wet the appetite…….

Please come and see us if you do go, Colin has said there is no space for dealers left, so it should be well attended from the dealers side

It will be nice if you can make it to just catch up and shake the cob-webs off. Covid safe of course, it will be nice to be moth ball free, as Zwolle emailed me yesterday saying It's a no go to there superb show this year.

If you can make it please come, we look forward as others will, to seeing you.

Graham & Sue

Goodiestractor

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I spoke to Colin yesterday and like Goody has said he is fully booked up ,as for Diorama's there should be some if the people turnup/bring them ,as for the GDPR the main traders are advertising on there own web pages but Colin is not allowed to list the private traders that will be there ,yes its not going to be a spalding as we now it but he is doing his best to put on a event for us collectors ,with cutting the grass ,making a carpark ,putting up a marquee and sorting out the tables he has put a lot of effort in over the last 10 days and he has also had a bit of expense out of his own pocket which he may or may not get back ,allow he said that he hopes to get it back he was not going to loose any sleep if he don't ,so if you can go it would be good to support him (and his sons effort ) . I myself am planning on going but i have 3 customers breathing down my neck to cut there grass for hay if the sun is shining ,so in a way i am hoping for a bit of rain on the Saturday so i can put them off till mon/tuesday as i dearly am looking forward to being there . 

Smithy  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:45 PM, smithy said:

I spoke to Colin yesterday and like Goody has said he is fully booked up ,as for Diorama's there should be some if the people turnup/bring them ,as for the GDPR the main traders are advertising on there own web pages but Colin is not allowed to list the private traders that will be there ,yes its not going to be a spalding as we now it but he is doing his best to put on a event for us collectors ,with cutting the grass ,making a carpark ,putting up a marquee and sorting out the tables he has put a lot of effort in over the last 10 days and he has also had a bit of expense out of his own pocket which he may or may not get back ,allow he said that he hopes to get it back he was not going to loose any sleep if he don't ,so if you can go it would be good to support him (and his sons effort ) . I myself am planning on going but i have 3 customers breathing down my neck to cut there grass for hay if the sun is shining ,so in a way i am hoping for a bit of rain on the Saturday so i can put them off till mon/tuesday as i dearly am looking forward to being there . 

Smithy  

Looks like rain Smithy, see you up there mate.

• Like 3

I have seen a few posts on Facebook saying that people are set up and ready for the show, just have to set my alarm clock for the morning now.

• Like 2