JOHN DEERE X9 Combine......Caley Farms Testimonial

phil phoenix

Caley farms ran the first X9 in the country in 2020 and were astounded by its performance.  More than double the output than their S690s!!  They are just up the road from me and were literally cutting half a mile from my house on Thursday. The video is a testimonial from last year because they now are running two of them as I saw on Thursday. Their neighbours at Eubrink Farms (Kings Lynn) also have two and the farm which encircles most of my village (Waldersleys) has one as well................bl**dy things are becoming common place ha ha!.  Its not often that something goes even better than it looks!   No wonder Claas werent giving out figures on the 8900tt Combine videos they released last year.  JD have done to Claas what they usually do to everyone else, by raising the bar out of reach.

Seems like an 8900TT must be similar to double his S690s which he says are running at 45-50T/hr.  As reports I have seen rated the 8900 at 90-100T/hr.

I do really like the X9 though, I really hope Ertl either do really detailed version the X9 like they did for the 8RX  Or would better if the rumour is true that Wiking will make one.  

That seems like a hell of a machine, it would be great to see it up against the biggest Claas, New Holland and Agco Ideal in a field test, though  I doubt that would happen.  If its as good as the fella in the clip says it could cause Claas some headaches.

As regards the model version forthcoming - Ertl/Britains have always caught the look of JD combines well, they are let down by having permanently open grain tanks.  Even a set up like the USK Deutz with swappable lids would be something. But I agree - a model to the same standard as the 8RX would be great.  Perhaps Wiking will do it though, as Marge have nicked the Claas combines off them.

4 hours ago, sipher172 said:

I think they had them all running at the US farm progress show last year.  I can’t remember if they were running the X9 or S790 Deere’s.  

This Mike Less video 

Looking at vid makes me want to go mad on FarmingSimulator.. 😁

I’d rather see an impartial review from a farm that doesn’t bleed green and yellow but the mothership wouldn’t allow that one to be published🙄

The odds of them or Waldersey’s having a combine that isn’t green and yellow is similar to that of winning the lottery jackpot 

• Like 2

Or a red tractor with 4 tracks for that matter Gav...................They would rather struggle on with two track JDs until a Green and Yellow 9RX gets made and then there the best thing since sliced bread and they buy two immediately😠

I watched the Waldersley X9 last night with its 45 ft header and its quite a beastie I must say, but it took 2+ hours to combine a 30 acre field of probably around 4t acre which by my maths doesnt equal 100 tons an hour!!

Visited one on demonstration in North Lincolnshire yesterday afternoon. Whilst I'd want to spend a lot more time with one on a farm to give it a fair and unbiased appraisal it certainly appeared impressive, and Deere are definitely not stretching the truth in terms of output.........it also makes an S790i look small. 

straw.jpg

straw_3.jpg

there has to be a point size wise where they have to stop ,well for the uk anyway, just down to field and road sizes, the key will be how much more you can get out of the machine technology wise then to increase the productivity ,as an example i came across a class lexion 470 Montana yesterday on a main A road and he was struggling with traffic ,and they aint anywhere as big as the new lexions and jd’s , fields may be big but access isnt 

Its reached its limit and judging by current world events, so has just about everything else!  Theres a reason why autonomous machines are now getting pushed, because sooner than most of us could imagine the workers will no longer be here (or anywhere else) to drive the machines imo !   Its getting very George Orwell 1984 out there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

Its reached its limit and judging by current world events, so has just about everything else!  Theres a reason why autonomous machines are now getting pushed, because sooner than most of us could imagine the workers will no longer be here (or anywhere else) to drive the machines imo !   Its getting very George Orwell 1984 out there.

No, to be honest I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there Phil, as much as I hate to admit it I think the days of farm machinery as we know it are numbered, smaller autonomous machines are the future I believe