What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

17 hours ago, JEP said:

Very nice Mr Smith! what age is it Smithy, will you do anything with it (restoration wise) or leave it as it is.

Just caught up on this topic, you have been a very busy man indeed!! ;) but please..........you cant let the TX34 go!!!!!!  :-[ 

Hi John , don't now the age of tractor at moment but the man we got it off is looking for paper work , we went to his place to look at ride-on lawn-mower which I did buy as I had someone in mind for it and have since sold . Anyway he was telling use the reason he was selling it as he had bought a Kubota with topper which was bigger than ride-on but smaller than his other tractor that he was in the process of selling but person had not come up with the money ,so if we said we wanted it and could produce the money by bank-holiday Monday we could have it so one of my mates that had took me to see mower really wonted it but at the time was a bit more then he could spare at the time so that's when we all decided to chip in to get it and I would take my low-loader at no cost and get it home and at a later date if he could spare some £££ he could buy my share or if sold on split the profit . He is going to sort out the electrics on it and other small bits and pieces otherwise leave it as it is for now :laugh: As for my TX34 its not going anywhere at the moment but and its a big but it just might be moved on in 2018 if and only if my mate and myself get this extra bit off work ,and we do find a nice replacement as there is some #### out there ,last year we come across a nice barn stored TF42 right on are doorstep with a 20 foot cut which would have done my mate as a replacement for his MF but as he had just changed a tractor bought a trailer and a self-build shed he could not buy that as well on his own and as together we would not be gaining anything as my TX could do all that we need anyway , as for being busy yes had a lot more gates and railings in for spraying over the last few weeks and few more to come as and when they are built ,speak with you again soon John ,Smithy>:D        

• Like 1

Cheers for that Smithy,

Do like the 674, be good to see what happens with it, coat of paint on the wheels, and get Julie to T-cut the bonnet, will be looking good!! . ;)

Good to know the TX will have at least one more season, interesting to see you have a TF42 close by, did you know about it before hand, or did you just come across it, bet there aren't to many of them about these days. That would make a lovely photo - TF 42 & TX 34 working together!! :rolleyes:

Catch up very soon, Cheers, John. 

• Like 1

Some interesting potential buys sometime then smithy, shame Marky isn't swapping his mf yet , could have got a very very mint example then with a very well known history, that said he's been mentioning it again, do you have a particular brand your after tractor and combine wise ? Or just what's best at the time 

managed to miss time my work today and ended up high on dartmoor just as the wind hit, the two of us spent as much time rescuing kit as trying to do the job ,60mph apparently , must have been bad as i returned home to find the front gardens fence missing, the wife found it down the road when she got home, oh well bricky ina. week or two early for the new wall i guess 

• Like 1

I came across a woman driving the wrong way along a dual carriageway yesterday, I assume she was follwing her sat nav, she did have quite a shocked look on her face but that is a classic Sean ;D

• Like 1

On 10/05/2017 at 11:40 PM, CX820Joe said:

Ooh that's a serious outfit, esp that 7R and joskin.   There's one of those 8600s working around here, nice machines.

One of my favourite local outfits, they have some really impressive kit which i'm hoping to see more of this year. :)

Family day out at my sisters to celebrate our mother's birthday.

My 10 year old nephew is mad into a farm simulator game on PS4. Was delighted to see his tractor choices: NH T7.310HD Blue Power, NH 8340 and a pair of CASE 1455s.

He went out for a while and his 8 year old cousin decided to drive around the game "world" in the farm pickup. She got bored after a while and parked the pickup in a river.

Much hilarity ensued when he came back and went looking for the pickup.

I had to do an hour of contract work, spreading fertiliser with a Zetor Forterra and a NH T6, and spraying with a CASE Optum, in order to "earn" the money to pay for a new pickup.

A great day out.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SPN said:

Family day out at my sisters to celebrate our mother's birthday.

My 10 year old nephew is mad into a farm simulator game on PS4. Was delighted to see his tractor choices: NH T7.310HD Blue Power, NH 8340 and a pair of CASE 1455s.

He went out for a while and his 8 year old cousin decided to drive around the game "world" in the farm pickup. She got bored after a while and parked the pickup in a river.

Much hilarity ensued when he came back and went looking for the pickup.

I had to do an hour of contract work, spreading fertiliser with a Zetor Forterra and a NH T6, and spraying with a CASE Optum, in order to "earn" the money to pay for a new pickup.

A great day out.

Sounds like you were really getting into it Stan ;)...... Does this mean we could see a Farming Simulator version of Mill Farm Organics??:rolleyes:

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

dug the new garden wall footings out yesterday,8 meters worth , lot more concrete burried than i  thought from the edgings put in when the house was built, so had to borrow a 110v kango from a van at work , made mince meet out of it though ,so worth the call and trip in.is all leveled and staked out for depth now, just need to cut down two old fence posts still in,i am down 1 ft and they are still rock solid, so cut the tops of and leave i thinks best there,could be in australia otherwise before i find the bottoms:laugh:

Spent the last four days since monday working for farmingphotography.co.uk helping to film for various manufacturers at Grassland and Muck 2017. One of the highlights on tuesday's practice / set up day was persuading Krone to run their Big X 630, 770, and 1100 foragers together blowing grass into one trailer, a triple axle Stewart Road King towed by a JCB Fastrac 8330.

P1350065 - Copy.JPG

• Like 8

Enjoying the first day of a 4 day weekend after having a long day yesterday down near Braintree teaching. Very little paperwork to do this weekend so should be a relaxing one!

• Like 1