What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

49 minutes ago, smithy said:

Yes its on  I-bidder.com , Clarke & Simpson collective sale of tractors, plant, vehicles, machinery and spares

Thanks only see that now some nice stuff in the auction 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smithy said:

I went to the viewing of Clarke & Simpson collective sale this afternoon ,sale is tomorrow 25th may .I took these photos as I thought I would score a few brownie points of Robbo and Valley Axe Man :) 

20190524_153217.jpg

20190524_153114.jpg

20190524_152627.jpg

20190524_152620.jpg

Haha Cheers Smithy that's a big thumbs up from me ;) the 272 seems to have the usual Leyland  handbrake problem...:D. though both that and the 302 Marshall both look tidy tractors, the 302 appeared in 3 guises, the Leyland, the Marshall and as a Nickerson Turfmaster, painted white, there are a couple of  prototype's knocking about finished in the Leyland blue paint scheme and called a 184, this one below is for sale at Charnleys

9960549LEYLAND-184-(1).jpg.79c616a0a89e08ea2dc2e701404e1573.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, smithy said:

I went to the viewing of Clarke & Simpson collective sale this afternoon ,sale is tomorrow 25th may .I took these photos as I thought I would score a few brownie points of Robbo and Valley Axe Man :) 

nothing you fancied bidding on then smithy ?

I suppose we should have a topic for, "What really amazed/shocked/surprised you today" but, as we haven't I will put this in here.

I am quite used to seeing various species of roadkill in Cheshire, usually Badgers, Foxes or various birds, usually pheasants that didn't get out of the way fast enough. However, I was on the M25 London Orbital motorway yesterday and I saw at least 3 dead deer on the hard shoulder oir central reservation, quite small species and probably Muntjac deer. In all the years I have been driving around the north west I cannot ever remember seeing a deer as roadkill. I thin what made it especially surprising was that we road was going through a built up area so they must be living quite close to the city.

• Like 1

strange you have said that mike, i have noticed a lot of young dead deer  on the main roads down this way this year, lot more than normal thats for sure, seen two on the m5 in the central reservation as well .

for me, a first for myself and brother, just fitted a set of 4.5 m wide bi folding doors, lot simpler than we thought,  bar figuring out the way the internal beading and rubbers fitted .

only issue was his expanding foam gun  went bang and proceeded to empty itself inside, went all over him, prob wrecked his boots amd jeans , and all over the floor, and middle two doors/glass , very luckily it missed me mind,  last half hour spent cleaning it of the new windows etc  and once part set off the floor and walls . his other halfs now missing a bottle of nail varnish remover .

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

nothing you fancied bidding on then smithy ?

There was some tractors I would like to have but not really got the room to store them at the moment , I don't now what the tractors made as I had to leave the sale at 3pm as I had to be elsewhere   

15 hours ago, robbo said:

I suppose we should have a topic for, "What really amazed/shocked/surprised you today" but, as we haven't I will put this in here.

I am quite used to seeing various species of roadkill in Cheshire, usually Badgers, Foxes or various birds, usually pheasants that didn't get out of the way fast enough. However, I was on the M25 London Orbital motorway yesterday and I saw at least 3 dead deer on the hard shoulder oir central reservation, quite small species and probably Muntjac deer. In all the years I have been driving around the north west I cannot ever remember seeing a deer as roadkill. I thin what made it especially surprising was that we road was going through a built up area so they must be living quite close to the city.

Cant push the like button for this one as its not nice to see the dead deer , we see several around here on side of the road dead I have found two in the past dead in my fields I expect they got hit and run of injured

• Like 1

been out tidying the garage up today, looks way better now, prob got 2/3 car loads to go to the tip, certainly not a skips worth, so thats Wednesdays job sorted, all in preparation for the new shed when i empty out the old one, which i can not start till after the big annual July bbq we have , under strict  orders of the step daughter ,like shes going  to win :D  prob is the wife agrees so july it is now 

• Like 1

We we're out at Smallwood rally over the bank holiday weekend, an excellent show near Sandbach, Cheshire. It has a really good balance of a little bit of everything and has managed to get their health and safety balance spot on so as fun can be had, while the public remain out of danger.

We had one of our miniatures on the dyno, recorded 3HP and 60lb-ft of torque, but it was re calibrated later in the day so that, combined with the issues that arise from doing the maths with such a small flywheel etc, would suggest the real figure is alittle higher.

As you can see it generated considerable interest!

IMG_20190526_160743.thumb.jpg.260b33592493e77be1408729168ebe1c.jpg

• Like 8

was going to say the same john, looks better than some i have seen being cut today.

for me back to work after a week off, now sat watching the one show, something i rarely watch due to that twit matt baker, all because one of my faves is  on, Kyle minogue  , she just looks as good now as she did way back when i saw her with them legendary  gold hot pants on at the one big weekend event in plymouth    .  although if Natalie imbruglia was on as well i would be a even bigger gibbering wreck 

31 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

was going to say the same john, looks better than some i have seen being cut today.

for me back to work after a week off, now sat watching the one show, something i rarely watch due to that twit matt baker, all because one of my faves is  on, Kyle minogue  , she just looks as good now as she did way back when i saw her with them legendary  gold hot pants on at the one big weekend event in plymouth    .  although if Natalie imbruglia was on as well i would be a even bigger gibbering wreck 

oh Sean......you are a man after my own heart there, Kylie and Natalie......:wub: 

On holiday near Berwick this week with the wife and 6 year old boy. Skinny dipping in the sea followed by haggis and chips. Does this make us proper Northerners? 

Came across this advert in an old copy of Scottish Farmer that was lying around.

20190602_160731.jpg

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Yes it was a good crop, it baled up at 11 bales to the acre, was a nice drying breeze today. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not a bad crop then. I have memories of using an older John Deere belt baler as the first round baler I used. Great in hay and straw but awful in silage, grass would get wrapped round roller too easily. Yours obviously doesn't behave like that.

Now use a new JD F440 baler which will bale anything in any condition!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, richo said:

Not a bad crop then. I have memories of using an older John Deere belt baler as the first round baler I used. Great in hay and straw but awful in silage, grass would get wrapped round roller too easily. Yours obviously doesn't behave like that.

Now use a new JD F440 baler which will bale anything in any condition!

Oh this one has it's moments! 

We had a JD 550 before this baler and that used to be painful if the crop wasn't ideal, like you did, we had problems with the rollers wrapping up with grass and in straw it would sometimes struggle to start the bale rotating inside the chamber, the final nail in its coffin was when the straw was brittle and it wouldn't pick it up at all one year. I quite fancy a welger when I change this, I've heard lots of good things about them. 

• Like 1

This was a week or two back, but last bit of raking for the end of first cut silage. Second cut likely to be in 1st week of July. The crop here was so thin it should really have been left for hay.

raking last field. poor crop normally cut for hay_.jpg

• Like 2