Paint colours

JC

Question

As it seems quite a few people are getting into this converting and building lark I thought it might be an idea to have a colour reference topic, maybe it will help a few of us along with getting a close match colour off the shelf for a particular brand.

If you've used a particular "off the shelf" colour to match up to a particular brand and you don't mind sharing it with others then please post it up here.

• Like 1

Anyone know of a good colour for corrugated metal

you can use the Aluminium colour (i can check number later), used to be by humbrol, not sure if its still around, i've not been able to get any., it gives a metalic type of effect

have a look here

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=3034.165

photo's arent great though

This topic is just a list of paints for reference, it will be added to on a ongoing basis, no replies here.

All replies or if you need help/advice. please go here Paint colours

Ford Vista Pheonix orange                                   - Simba           

Volkswagen Mars red (No2)                                 - Kverneland red, Claas red*

Ford signal green                                               - Joskin Green     

Plasticote Insignia Red                                        - Any massey refurbishment

Plasticote Silver                                                 - Alloy trailer body as it gives a dull not brilliant shine

Plasticote Smoke Grey                                        - Ferguson grey

Plasticote Black                                                  - For chassis

Plasticote harbour blue                                        - Ford blue (light)

Halfords rover tahiti                                            - Blue for Marstons

Vauxhall regatta blue                                          - Blue for Marstons

Vauxhall mustard yellow                                      - Richard Western

Halfords Ford Diamond White                               - Lamborghini

Plastikote 'smoke grey'                                        - older model Ferguson's

Halfords Volkswagen Mars Red with a yellow primer - Kuhn red/orange

Halfords Rover vermillion                                      - Allis Chalmers orange, David Brown Power red.

Volkswagen Pargas Blue                                      - All early Fordsons, Dexta, 5000, 6600.

Vauxhall Pastel Blue                                            - Weeks Trailer, Early Twose equipment.

Rover Applejack Green/white Primer                      - Dowdeswell Green

Revel number 34 red                                          - Redrock Red

Halfords ford signal yellow                                   - close match to JD yellow

lemken blue                                                      - Ford electric blue with white primer

Halfords ford cardinal red                                    - New holland baler red

Halfords peugeot seville                                      - Griffiths trailers orange 

peugeot cherry red on grey primer,                       - Marshall red

normal JD green on grey for chassis                       - Marshall green

Notes:

Claas green is actually called 'seed green' ;)

Disclaimer

Note the list above is a direct copy from the above topic so spelling mistakes may be copied!

* added as autodate

Near me, there is one in Cornwall as well, Trago Mills, very good range of spray can paints in 'Plastikote' and double acrylic at a lot cheaper price than paint cans from the likes of Sparex and Vapormatic. These last two companies spray can paints are priced at ?17.50p for a 400ml can and that is the TRADE price, the reccomended selling price (rsp) is ?25.75p per can.

The Trago Mills cans come in various sized cans, and vary between ?1.79p to ?3.98p for 100ml to 400ml cans, some of the larger cans are as cheap as the small ones.

Anyone going to Trago for paints would be advisable to take something they wish to match the colour to as there are many different shades.

As for paint matches.    Rover Vermilion..............David Brown Power red.

Volxwagen Pargas Blue.....All early Fordsons, Dexta, 5000, 6600.

Vauhall Pastel Blue..........Weeks Trailer, Early Twose equipment.

I've got CASE-IH red in 12ml tinlets ?3 each inc p & p...any good?

To be honest Nigel, I'm of the opinion that ERTL have used the wrong shade of red, I have two shades already from my local Case-IH dealer and neither seem to match so I would imagine yours will be the same, the correct colour but not a match with ertl's interpretation.  ???::)