Holly Farm

Just Read through this topic and I have to say Mandy, it's pretty impressive. I wasn't really interested in houses and gardens before but seeing the detail you have put into yours has got me thinking. I remember when we were playing with 'the Britains' when I was young it always bothered me that we didnt have a proper house to stand the farmer's wife by or park the land rover outside :(

I agree, James - I had a farmyard and a Pine Lodge Riding School - but nobody had anywhere to live ???

In fact, (and I am sure I will corrected if I'm wrong ;) ), there wasn't any sort of farmhouse until the 1980s Blackhorse Farm model. The cottage they brought out in the 70s was for the Wildwest range.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, James - I had a farmyard and a Pine Lodge Riding School - but nobody had anywhere to live ???

In fact, (and I am sure I will corrected if I'm wrong ;) ), there wasn't any sort of farmhouse until the 1980s Blackhorse Farm model. The cottage they brought out in the 70s was for the Wildwest range.

They used the cottage for both they also had a playbase that could be a farmyard or a corral. Never heard of the blackhorse farm model (or is that the one that came with the base and could be switched to a hayloft?) My figures used to just doss down in the tack room of the stables  :D :D :D :D

Didn't know the corral and cottage could be used as a farm as well. The Blackhorse Farm set might have been 90s - checked my early 80s catalogues and couldn't find it, and I don't have any later ones. All the buildings were made of MDF - they made a stable block as well. My people had to use the tackroom as well :(

You'll have to excuse me - I didn't know that they were called Tris and Marus  :D

The tools are the original Britains Herald tools that came with these early farm figures  :)

From memory, the only Floral Garden tools were the trowel that came with the Mum doing the weeding and the shovel that came with the man in the orange shirt.

i supose it was only a matter of time before me & tris were assosciated with the figures  ::), although tris & i wanted to talk to you about a wage increase , as we both need new shirts  :D :D :D :D :D, that & i need to get rid of this Matt Goss haircut  :D :D

just read through this topic from start mandy & it's simply stunning , as for the bridge ? don't build one !  a ford has much more character &  a quaint touch to the display :) :) :) :)

I guess you must be Marcus!!  :)

Okay I'll put you up to ?1.60 and hour (I think that's more than 1:32 of minimum wage!) ;)

I wondered about the bridge, and I'm so glad you think a ford looks better.

Thanks ever so much for your compliments on my first attempt at a layout. Now I just need a bigger table....  :)

I guess you must be Marcus!!  :)

Okay I'll put you up to ?1.60 and hour (I think that's more than 1:32 of minimum wage!) ;)

I wondered about the bridge, and I'm so glad you think a ford looks better.

Thanks ever so much for your compliments on my first attempt at a layout. Now I just need a bigger table....  :)

?1.60 & as many rabbits as we can eat ?

sounds fair :D

a bigger table ?  does that mean we'll be getting bigger rakes  :o:D :D

i deliver feed to a couple of farms that are accessed through fords only ,i don't know what it is but it's strangely satisfying slowly driving through them  :)

Disaster at Holly Farm:

Some one forgot to secure the tailgate before moving off yestereday afternoon :-[

New potatoes everywhere... (even in my slippers!) ::)

SpudDisaster.jpg

Don't know whose to blame - but Delores has spent a long time in the Farm Manager's Office.... ::)

DeloresinManagersOffice.jpg

:D :D poor old Delores... well she is an apprentice after all... I love those spuds... they look great... is that Bens mustard seed idea  ???

What are the things stacked up against the shed that look like blocks of spam  ??? - is that Marcus and Tris's sandwiches  ???;D

I love the details you have added... even the managers sign on the office door... superb  :o

Disaster at Holly Farm:

Some one forgot to secure the tailgate before moving off yestereday afternoon :-[

New potatoes everywhere... (even in my slippers!) ::)

SpudDisaster.jpg

Don't know whose to blame - but Delores has spent a long time in the Farm Manager's Office.... ::)

DeloresinManagersOffice.jpg

is she in for a spanking ?               ooops wrong forum  :-\

:D :D poor old Delores... well she is an apprentice after all... I love those spuds... they look great... is that Bens mustard seed idea  ???

What are the things stacked up against the shed that look like blocks of spam  ??? - is that Marcus and Tris's sandwiches  ???;DI love the details you have added... even the managers sign on the office door... superb  :o

no mark they're actually lucozade tablets , to give us a glucose rush & extra energy :D;):) :)

What are the things stacked up against the shed that look like blocks of spam  ??? - is that Marcus and Tris's sandwiches  ???;D

I love the details you have added... even the managers sign on the office door... superb  :o

Thanks again Marky

Yes, the Jersey Royals are Ben's secret mustard seeds  :)

The bricks are some terracotta paving slabs that arrived in an eBay lot and I suspect they were meant for a dolls' house. We definitely don't feed Marcus and Tris - that would mean they'd expect a lunch break ;)

Thanks again Marky

Yes, the Jersey Royals are Ben's secret mustard seeds  :)

The bricks are some terracotta paving slabs that arrived in an eBay lot and I suspect they were meant for a dolls' house. We definitely don't feed Marcus and Tris - that would mean they'd expect a lunch break ;)

i know where you got the slabs from ;) ;), the same place i'm looking at getting some bricks from....just slightly too big though, 1:12 scale i think :-\ :-\

Great stuff Mandy, love looking through your post. The paving slabs looks good too, it all does  :)

And as for that Matt Goss hairstyle Marcus  :D :D :D That would mean that Holly Farms owes you nothing, nothing at all  :D :D :D :D

Oh Deere I am showing my age  :-[

Block Paving by the looks of it, be nice for the farm drive that  :) Me and Marcus may be to blame for the tailgate incident. . .. . Jokers if nothing else, a chip off the old block we are!!!

:D :D :D

Thanks for the email by the way LF, I'll give that a try soon  :)

Block Paving by the looks of it, be nice for the farm drive that  :) Me and Marcus may be to blame for the tailgate incident. . .. . Jokers if nothing else, a chip off the old block we are!!!

:D :D :D

Thanks for the email by the way LF, I'll give that a try soon  :)

don't drag me into this  :-\

The Farm Manager was really cross with Tris and Marcus, and they were charged with cleaning out the yard pump outflow that had become blocked by next door's farm manure during a downpour on their day off. Delores looks on to make sure they do a good job ;)

MarcusandTrisCleaningthePump.jpg

*don't ever do that again tris, this is the last thing i wanted to do on a saturday , i just want to bide quiet ,  do my time then i'm out of here oh yeah a life on the straight & narrow for me mate , no more H.M.P HOLLYFARM for me mate . & no as for her on the landy ? , she's not fridgid ........................................just plastic  :D :D :D :D :D*

Archived