What really PLEASED you?

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Our daughter making it through to the final of the BBC Radio 2 500 words writing competition! She'll be off to Windsor Castle next month along with the other finalists and will be on the Zoe Ball breakfast show live from the castle when they reveal the winners. Needless to say, we have one very excited twelve year old in our house at the moment!:) Her story is on the 500 words web page and if you'd like you can have a read or a listen to it, it's called "The day the door opened" by Emily Gibson. An excited twelve year old.....I can see I'll be spending more time in my shed. .;)

just read your daughters piece of literature, brilliant 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 844john said:

Thank you Joe, that was something i should have been able to do, but unfortunately I'm a technophobe!

Internet research,I just love doing that,the World at your finger tip's,amazing,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

my new little nephew and his mum finally got home today, at present it seems there was no damage from his little poop incident which is great, although they said its not 100% guaranteed ,they did say they recon its a less than 2 % chance he has got any problems. he will have some extra tests in 5-6 weeks apparently to double check 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!, very nice and a great idea. Air shows are nice to attend. I am glad you are an aviation enthusiast! I have seen a few shows including ones with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds (twice) and a U.S. Navy Super Hornet, among other types of planes.  I also have a couple of diecasts, a U.S. Navy Skyhawk from the Vietnam War and a U.S. Navy Super Hornet by “Witty Wings.” The canopy opens on the Super Hornet.

1BC448A6-0E3B-4884-8CA6-B4A4FC3A4113.jpeg

Edited by Dusty Dan
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dusty Dan said:

Congratulations!, very nice and a great idea. Air shows are nice to attend. I am glad you are an aviation enthusiast! I have seen a few shows including ones with the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds (twice) and a U.S. Navy Super Hornet, among other types of planes.  I also have a couple of diecasts, a U.S. Navy Skyhawk from the Vietnam War and a U.S. Navy Super Hornet by “Witty Wings.” 

The ThunderBirds are a class act alright. I have seen them at the Galway air show a good few years ago.  The F-16Cs they fly are very manuverabe, fast and powerful. I have seen the RAF Red Arrows too on s few occasions...but I'm yet to see the USN Blue Angles..  

• Like 1

Yes, I agree, air shows are much fun to attend. I have never seen the Blue Angels either. The two times that I saw the Thunderbirds was at the annual air show off the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. 

• Like 1

Just found out that a 1 day long course i had booked  on the 5th july in croydon, east london way  , has been cancelled, and re arranged for the 28th August in exeter,  so instead of driving up on the Thursday, then leaving at 4pm on a friday , and having to deal with the m25 in rush hour etc plus the rest of the trip and prob not getting hime till mid nightish  as i have to take  the van, i now have a 45 min trip each way and no overnighter , does pay to complain at times 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At long last finding some info on a toy truck my late father bought for me when we were on holiday way back around 64 / 65,I've Googled this a few times,but with no name or anything I always drew a blank until today,I discovered it was Tin Plate,made all the difference,discovered it was made in Japan,probably in the 50's by a company called SHIOJI,it was friction drive,it tipped by pushing the white button,bottom right hand corner of cab,I'm sure that was clockwork,no scale but I read it was 12.5 inches ( 30 ) cm long,:)

Regards

Joe.

BULLDOG DIESEL DUMP TRUCK, Shioji.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Finally had a Doctor my Local GP practice actually listen to how I feel and how long it has been going on for, so finally after 8+ years of worsening fatigue, headaches, numbness and muscle cramps I am being referred for testing to see if I have MS :)

and yes I am pleased to be sent even if it dose mean I might have MS, as at least I will know why I feel so bad some days :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

Finally had a Doctor my Local GP practice actually listen to how I feel and how long it has been going on for, so finally after 8+ years of worsening fatigue, headaches, numbness and muscle cramps I am being referred for testing to see if I have MS :)

and yes I am pleased to be sent even if it dose mean I might have MS, as at least I will know why I feel so bad some days :)

I am truly sorry. I have waited for test results myself, it is not a pretty thing. I hope the results are favorable for you and that perhaps some other diagnoses may be made. But it is best to have these tests and then make plans from there. I will be thinking of you, saying a prayer, and hoping for the best for you no matter the diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dusty Dan said:

I am truly sorry. I have waited for test results myself, it is not a pretty thing. I hope the results are favorable for you and that perhaps some other diagnoses may be made. But it is best to have these tests and then make plans from there. I will be thinking of you, saying a prayer, and hoping for the best for you no matter the diagnosis.

Thank you, I hope it might be something else but just want to know what is wrong :)

Edited by b_emmons

3 hours ago, b_emmons said:

Ms is quite painful , I have two siblings with it , it is manageable but only with plenty of meds , good luck Brian 

• Thanks 1