Whats on your workbench???

Just now, Janval said:

They are, bigger than I expected!

When I took my T7060 out of the box the wheels on one side were hanging off. Thankfully a spot of glue fixed the problem.

Now I know why it was sold at a big discount.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My first completion in the October Challenge.

This is a resin copy of a Sapphire Cosworth slot car.

I had a huge learning curve with this, and had to repaint it a couple of times.

Because it is a resin copy the inside of the model is very uneven, so the copy of the plastic windows from the original plastic model just won't work.

Am going to leave it at this for now. Will look fine in the background of photos from the early 90s.

Next up will be a pair of Artisan32 6 tonners with added silage sides.

20180808_115508.jpg

20180808_115546.jpg

20180808_115451.jpg

• Like 5

Just now, prickles said:

db1412 was only ever two wheel drive  with hydra shift transmission you can change decals to 1410 and convert to four wheel drive all technically correct

I know this, but I had more of a completely off the track county style conversion in mind :)

• Like 1

Like that a lot Sean, good use of chassis. Did these trailers come with bottom hinged tailgates too?  Local farm to me had a set of old rusty trailers that tailgates hinging from bottom. Always wondered what they were, all the paint had worn off! So no clues. 

There's some really finicky detail, like the steering column assembly is five seperate pieces and it needs to be assembled in a certain order - which I got wrong.

There's a choice of original or facelift grille for the front. I'm going original.

Cab and tipping body will be the same yellow as the Hino HH. It will be a support vehicle for a plant hire business.

20180815_140442.jpg

20180815_140410.jpg

20180815_140552.jpg

20180815_140534.jpg

• Like 6

Progress on my DB so far, Just a bit of detailing and the rear linkage to go. But I'm really unsure about the front wheels. As I put them on they really look a bit over the top. Any takes? Either stay with them or convert the originals to go on.

What I've done so far: replaced front/rear lights, light on the roof, drilled exhaust, repaint chassis, painted roof inside and floorpan, painted dashboard, replaced and customized front axle, replaced and painted rear wheels, made rear duals, replaced front wheels. 

DSC_0709.JPG

DSC_0705.JPG

DSC_0708.JPG

DSC_0706.JPG

DSC_0707.JPG

• Like 5

What a difference your improvements and replacing those lights has made Jan, looks a top job now. I must admit though, I'm with you on the front wheels, for me they look out of place and don't suit the rest of the model, maybe has something to do with older tractors generally running on narrower tyres than modern ones?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 844john said:

What a difference your improvements and replacing those lights has made Jan, looks a top job now. I must admit though, I'm with you on the front wheels, for me they look out of place and don't suit the rest of the model, maybe has something to do with older tractors generally running on narrower tyres than modern ones?

Thank you!

Forgot to mention new seat and steering wheel as well! You're right, would look better on a trailer perhaps or on a Volvo! I have already done some work on the original rims, so I will probably put those on when they're all painted. 

I find a lot of joy making upgrades to these kind of models, I am currently looking at getting the TW15 and the 1210 as well!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 844john said:

Another little project arrived in the post today, excellent service from Nigel too!

WP_20180818_12_02_03_Pro (2).jpg

Ooh very nice. Must admit I’ve always fancied this one but not yet invested. Trust you will be finishing the matbro first ;-)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Ooh very nice. Must admit I’ve always fancied this one but not yet invested. Trust you will be finishing the matbro first ;-)

Same here Alastair, I've fancied doing one for a good while now, it's been years since I've done a scaledown kit but there's something nice about that little box with the yellow sleeve that never changes! As for the matbro, she's just waiting on the paint now;)

• Like 4

I have pretty much finished the first of my 1st Oct Challenge projects.  Just have to add decals to the front linkage.  

As a side project I have also got some work done on the Simba Flatliner

Hopefully I will be able to make some progress on the Standen T3 Harvester this weekend.  

20180731_191427.jpg

20180731_191310.jpg

• Like 9

Dyna project getting towards the end. This is just a fit together to see how it is looking in yellow, and I think it works.

Couple of more coats and I think it will be time to get on with the final assembly.

Sean, it is pretty good scalewise, maybe a tiny bit on the small side. Here's a pic with the 42196 Ford 5000 for comparison.

20180823_135230.jpg

20180823_135401.jpg

• Like 5