Whats on your workbench???

1 hour ago, GPS said:

Making steady progress on the Autodrome County, skid unit completed,  rest painted and just needs to dry. I have finished the Le Mans Toyota 88c, though.

Toyota County.JPG

Well done Gavin! Progress! I’m not making any at the moment :D

20 hours ago, Dusty Dan said:

Love the Toyota. I drive one. Not quite that fast or fancy. 

Reliable all the same. I always found Toyotas to be quiet nippy compared to other cars in their class.. My first car was a little Starlet & it would run rings around the equivalent Fiestas, Polos and Corsas back in its day. 

• Thanks 1

Ok, so I am having a tiny issue about the front loader, not seen one of these in the flesh but how does it look? It is just placed somewhat fixed for the sake of getting photos - but concerning the front part, should the upper cylinder have been moved further up? 

Trying to fit an artisan hydraulic part there but it just seems it won't go all in, thus making it stick out too much (tried drilling the hole a bit longer)

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Janval said:

Ok, so I am having a tiny issue about the front loader, not seen one of these in the flesh but how does it look? It is just placed somewhat fixed for the sake of getting photos - but concerning the front part, should the upper cylinder have been moved further up? 

Trying to fit an artisan hydraulic part there but it just seems it won't go all in, thus making it stick out too much (tried drilling the hole a bit longer)

DSC_0135.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

I like what your're making there Jan. I have an original DB loader on the tractor here. I will take some photos  of the bucket/ram in different positions tonight for you if that helps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Awdmac said:

I like what your're making there Jan. I have an original DB loader on the tractor here. I will take some photos  of the bucket/ram in different positions tonight for you if that helps. 

That would be of great help! :D

A few photos that might help. This loader is probably about 165mm wider at the bucket end than the older DB loaders, I had to add wider brackets to hook up an older DB muck fork. The cylinder for the crowding ram is 540mm long and protrudes past the lower cross brace by 35mm.

20190705_162321.jpg

20190705_162511.jpg

20190705_160920.jpg

20190705_162942.jpg

20190705_162624.jpg

20190705_162522.jpg

20190705_162650.jpg

20190705_165048.jpg

20190705_162207.jpg

20190705_162814.jpg

20190705_162909.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks  well behind the 1490 Ted, very handy if you can do your own decals. Is there an app/program you've used to edit the images before printing, had a read up on doing it but couldn't figure out easiest one to use. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Awdmac said:

Looks  well behind the 1490 Ted, very handy if you can do your own decals. Is there an app/program you've used to edit the images before printing, had a read up on doing it but couldn't figure out easiest one to use. 

Thanks Paddy, I use 'Pages' app on a mac but it's the equivalent of word, publisher, or PowerPoint I guess. I find the decals on the web and just put them on a blank page. It can be a pain getting ones without sample writing across thou.Then I scale them up by getting the zoom on the computer so the page is the same size as and actual page if that makes sense. I'm using some inkjet decal paper from the local model shop but I have tried others but failed in getting them to stick to the model but I think I've found the right stuff. There is white and clear stuff . After printing I sprayed it with some Halfords car lacquer and then used it as a normal waterside decal. I will try and find out what this paper I'm using is called, it just works on a normal printer. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Wonder if this is what became of them,??

https://www.transpread.com/

https://www.transpread.com/PDF/Tructor.PDF

If you need PDF reader,it's here for free,

https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Regards

Joe.

Possibly joe. I saw that on Facebook, apparently built in NewZealand and was called a Trucktor. 

Edited by mb86

Thanks Alastair. The bonnet side decals were a pain, both started to break up, but as I’d heard your horror stories, I was able to handle them carefully and keep them together, just. It will stay without the front weight, to be honest I’m happy with that look for now.

Away now for the weekend, so I’ll have a think what’s next. Have a couple of part finished Scaledowns that might make it up the list....and various race cars still on the go!