Whats on your workbench???

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Have you sorted the wheels Jack?

I think I’m going to try and use an O ring as a tire, then sort out a rim somehow. They won’t be too visible anyway 

• Like 1

Having bought the white Valtra Q305 I had already decided I was going to try and make it into a 5 pillar cab as I think the 6 pillar spoils the look of the tractor and its normally large right side panoramic window.

First job was totally strip the model down,  thenI took a hacksaw to the offending cab pillar, finished off with a sharp stanley blade and a file, then painted matt black.

Having removed the pillar there is now a partition revealed where the two halfs of the cab glass (plastic) meets, however this actually enhances the look as Q models do have a line coming down the window in that position as you can see on the green model pictured.

P1020039.JPG

P1020040.JPG

P1010846.JPG

Edited by phil phoenix
  • Like 1

Next job was to pinch a couple of warning boards off of the Deutz 8280 before I sold it and then fabricated a pair of pins glued to right angle 1mm plasticard, painted black and glued on in position.  Put a driver in as well. and sprayed the wheels gloss black, painted wheel nuts silver.  I used front tyres off the 8S 265 which are smaller but wider that the valtra originals. And rear tyres off a JD 7810 which also are wider, smaller and better detailed.

A TNS sticker, security triangle and a 73 reg plate completes the look. Very pleased with this one.

P1020042.JPG

P1020043.JPG

P1020045.JPG

P1020046.JPG

P1020048.JPG

P1020049.JPG

• Like 6