Whats on your workbench???

40 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

fine point permanent  overhead projector pen then mart, the nibs on those are pretty dam strong, and do not split like a sharpe would, you can get then in 0.5mm nibs,we use them at work for labels etc .

Excellent thanks I'll have a search for one of those and give this method a try first. 

9 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

Hi Martin, that’s very kind of you thank you. I’ll send you a pm

yes the wheels are over the top, they take over what is otherwise a nice model. Wish I’d grabbed a 9600 before they went out of production. 

No problem, glad I can help. 

On 6/21/2019 at 3:21 PM, GPS said:

Looking good Alastair...….and I agree, the wheels and tyres are not the best looking.

It looks  like I don't have the wheel weights either. Mine are the same as yours, I had assumed the center boss was the weight, I'm sure I remember gluing them in. Looking again at the photos of finished models, it looks like there should be additional parts. So it looks like I'm missing wheel weights and the wafer weights! I'm 99% certain I haven't placed them somewhere else... they were not in my kit.

Thanks Gavin, Does make me wonder if it ever had the wheel weights, I wouldn’t waste your time with autodrome asking for replacements! 

On 6/20/2019 at 8:57 PM, alf aphid said:

Finally got the decals on. Sadly they were old stock and cracked up a bit, one side is actually in two pieces :(

sadly missing the wheel weights. And I must say I still don’t like the wheels! Am I alone ? 

F7AD3AB5-8AD8-4427-AA60-F05859EEB769.jpeg

73F81F12-1436-45AB-8FBA-26890BCE48D7.jpeg

DB3F32C5-4542-4232-AE93-15D937D7E379.jpeg

I've never seen those wheel weights on a real 1454.

I'd suggest talking to Ian about the ones he made for the 1474. They are a much more accurate representation of the real thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, smithy said:

Sorry to but in but this is my one I bought a few years back ready built I do have the other decals for front and back but just not put them on

20120507_052427.jpg

Nice photos Smithy and actually quite useful to help me finish mine off......I'm having trouble getting the steps to clear the drive shafts.....they are going to have to come off and be repositioned. Clearly yours is not on the original Autodrome wheels!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

Since the uh county came out my dbp variant just doesn’t look right without a glazed cab.......so with clean pants on.....I split it, and got away with it. Will now be able to detail the cab with some black trim rubbers and glazing.

Brave man!

I believe the later ones did have glazing. My blue one doesn't, but the gold, yellow and red (Udimore) do.

15 minutes ago, GPS said:

Brave man!

I believe the later ones did have glazing. My blue one doesn't, but the gold, yellow and red (Udimore) do.

It came apart very easily actually mate. And yes, all Daves later works were glazed. Will be happy to get my one done.

1 hour ago, GPS said:

Nice photos Smithy and actually quite useful to help me finish mine off......I'm having trouble getting the steps to clear the drive shafts.....they are going to have to come off and be repositioned. Clearly yours is not on the original Autodrome wheels!

Ha, every one is different, I don’t even have steps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Since the uh county came out my dbp variant just doesn’t look right without a glazed cab.......so with clean pants on.....I split it, and got away with it. Will now be able to detail the cab with some black trim rubbers and glazing.A1D4A44A-D6FD-4220-8F9B-9DDBBA2E9D77.thumb.jpeg.9c79d1375315a594a1b344418296930a.jpeg

Yes I must admit I always thought that model was somewhat lacking with no glazing, when considering price!

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Since the uh county came out my dbp variant just doesn’t look right without a glazed cab.......so with clean pants on.....I split it, and got away with it. Will now be able to detail the cab with some black trim rubbers and glazing.A1D4A44A-D6FD-4220-8F9B-9DDBBA2E9D77.thumb.jpeg.9c79d1375315a594a1b344418296930a.jpeg

There was me worrying about taking the UH one apart! It will look great when you've finished Chris. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GPS said:

You are probably right on the wheels ,I bought it ready built so yes It looks like it has had a wheel change  

1 hour ago, 844john said:

what's the plan for her Martin?

Ford dealer beavertail john. I might get some Platts decals made or maybe just have the ford logo, undecided on that one at the mo. Technically I think they were still Tipton and Morleys in Barney when these would be in service, you might remember better than me but I thought it'd be around the early 80's when they changed?

7 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Ford dealer beavertail john. I might get some Platts decals made or maybe just have the ford logo, undecided on that one at the mo. Technically I think they were still Tipton and Morleys in Barney when these would be in service, you might remember better than me but I thought it'd be around the early 80's when they changed?

How old do you think I am Martin:o:D......actually, you're right, I do remember Tipps, I think it would be around then when they changed, if not a little earlier. Looking forward to seeing her done!

10 minutes ago, 844john said:

How old do you think I am Martin:o:D......actually, you're right, I do remember Tipps, I think it would be around then when they changed, if not a little earlier. Looking forward to seeing her done!

:P:ph34r:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WillTEF20 said:

Knocked this John Deere 331 moco together over a week or so of evenings. Found a use for the Siku mower hood that was in the parts box!

B929C089-F31F-4FFC-86A8-6505167086E1.jpeg

I really like the look of that Will. Please keep us updated.