Whats on your workbench???

Its just the model farmer one i got cheap from a mate, wanted to respray one for a while just not had the courage for such an expensive model. Only trouble is the RW has a right hand discharge whereas west is left but i can't change the whole lot for that minor detail

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Is that a pimped jada one martian? Remember you asking after one a while back, looking good 

Thanks Sean. Yes it's the jaditoys one, it's been on hold until I got round to sourcing the correct paint.

Does anyone have any recommendations for paint? 

Looking for Ferguson TE20 grey and e27n blue 

I’m after aerosols, as don’t fancy hand painting large areas. I know there are suppliers on eBay of cans but I’ve had checkered track record with these in terms of quality  

are there any Halfords colours that will pass as good enough does anyone know?

i bought my fordson paint of eBay when i restored one a while back , and it was fine, you could also try peter at 1/32 convos, as he also supplied me a tin of ford blue, to match the uh fords, again very nice to use and matched perfectly 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

I’m after aerosols, as don’t fancy hand painting large areas. I know there are suppliers on eBay of cans but I’ve had checkered track record with these in terms of quality  

Is genuine paint not an option?

2 hours ago, Puff of Logic said:

A few of the spares suppliers do aerosol paint , Agriline , & Sparex ,  Empire Blue is one of them . Not so sure about the Fordson Tractor Blue for the E27 , but I think it can also be found in aerosol.

Yes empire is easy to get. The dark isn’t I did buy a can fit that last e27n but it was awful

7 hours ago, alf aphid said:

I've bought a couple of aerosols from Clostermann Coatings for a Poclain model. Good service but I have to say I haven't tried using the paint yet!

https://www.advancedpaints.co.uk

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GPS said:

This part finished Scaledown kit is going to be up next for completion. Just spent half an hour working out against the instructions how far I'd got, it will have sat like this for a couple of years. Was further than I thought! It will still take a while, with holidays coming up.

Thanks Gavin on paint front, guess I’ll have to take a gamble!

liking the Leyland. I’ve never yet bought one of those but it’s in my must get list ! Looks good 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GPS said:

This part finished Scaledown kit is going to be up next for completion. Just spent half an hour working out against the instructions how far I'd got, it will have sat like this for a couple of years. Was further than I thought! It will still take a while, with holidays coming up.

IMG_2517.JPG

384 Bray, Nice tractor Gavin ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

got further so far than i have mate, its just sat in the shed, with a old britains chassis .

That shed of yours is going to need an extension next Sean if you don't pull your finger out an get some of these projects rolling. ;):D:P