Whats on your workbench???

Fortunately we are not in lock down in Hong Kong, so I might not be a legitimate entry into the lock down work bench clearing challenge.  Hopefully exceptions can be made.  

I have managed to get the cladding on the Grain dryer, also I added the first coats of paint.  

Along with this I have final got a coat of paint on the row crops for the Massey 7 series.  And I have added the tracks to my Deere 8530 precision that have been sitting in a box for a while.  

20200403_215104.jpg

20200403_215021.jpg

20200403_214911.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Kirely said:

I’ve never used that paint but a possible solution would be to spray the model, once it’s fully dry, with gloss varnish.

You are possibly correct or lacquer, I’m actually normally fairly comfortable with spray cans and normally get a reasonable finish, the thought of them spraying something over the top always scares me I’ll end up having to start again!! It’s only really this kramp stuff I struggle with. Need to find another supplier of jd green !

• Like 1

Thanks JEP. I bought it as a kit some years ago.The best way to describe the surface finish is “powdery”, although it’s not loose, just looks that way. The detail is quite “soft”. Undoubtedly the capability and quality of printing has moved on massively. A good coat of aerosol paint helps !

I’d certainly give another one a go. What has surprised me is how much less fragile it is than similar resin kits. 

• Like 2