ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

cheers guys. lee the refresh is to try and get it to the same level as the opposite side, loads of pics back in the topic, has always been a aim to do, but i may have thought of a new yard finish so i need to try that first, before i go further with this side, so bar the old barns rebuild i will need to temp stop till i can see if the idea works ,and should it work ,i will need to make a few additions items before i can get going on it 

• Like 1

It's never ending realy then. But as long as you enjoy it. Me been new to it, I'm finding it enjoyable. But its expensive as I have bought some old britains tractors and some new UH ,ROS Stuff that we had on the farm when I was a boy.but they'll be staying in the boxes. 

cheers ferret , this is just dyed sisal, same as the straw, could may e have used a darker shade of brown paint ?? but this has thinned out nicely ,have added a sprinkle of burnt amber flock to give the wet patch look, i am going to try and cut down some a bit finer, and blend it onto a matt for the sty, so it can be removed, but also made to look a lot wetter  as per a real one, well thats the aim 

cheers john, sadly after this i think its covid stopped play, as i am out of the timbers for the next one now, so it may be yard finish and trees maybe or back to the kidd spreader, ordered the paint for that today, and got the wife working on the decals, she doesn't know it yet mind 

cheers guys, sadly i have not got a good backdrop to get a pic outside, other than a car park and a scabby white transit :D .while waiting for the gutter stuff to arrive i have also started on a possible new yard finish, set out the jig for 4 full and 2 halfs ,once dry i will have a test and try making 4,all different, and see how thy set, if it works i may try moulding them, and see what happens.

thanks guys, was aiming to finish it off Friday ,if the guttering arrives, then i can pull the old one in for its rebuild, although i have considered dumping it, and making a granary unit, with the two silos outside/beside it, maybe a pair of internal silos one side and the old meal system we had on a platform the other side, the grain was bought in via an auger system, and we sacked it up, loading the trailer from the  platform that was the perfect height .something i have always fancied doing, especially after tris did his, bought back some memory's,and i think now i would feel ok attempting it as well. nearly time to decide( have been looking at hessian effect sack options already so my mind may be already sorted ) :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

thanks guys, was aiming to finish it off Friday ,if the guttering arrives, then i can pull the old one in for its rebuild, although i have considered dumping it, and making a granary unit, with the two silos outside/beside it, maybe a pair of internal silos one side and the old meal system we had on a platform the other side, the grain was bought in via an auger system, and we sacked it up, loading the trailer from the  platform that was the perfect height .something i have always fancied doing, especially after tris did his, bought back some memory's,and i think now i would feel ok attempting it as well. nearly time to decide( have been looking at hessian effect sack options already so my mind may be already sorted ) :D

I’d love to see you make a granary unit Sean, not something you see much of nowadays 

• Like 1

just need to sure i can fit it in ben, hence why i have not done the yard finish yet, as i may need to move a few bits round yet, and maybe add a bit of an base board extension where i want it to go  so it allows me to keep the rest as well.

• Like 2