Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Yesterday on the way back up from the Tillage event at Brechin I stooped off at The Model Warehouse of Charles McDonald in Badentoy place at Porthlethen.

I was looking for display cases for some of my smaller Border Fine Art's figurines and well I think I may have solved a display and storage problem.

What I think I will do with some of the smaller ones is get some more of these dust proof cases and well put them on top of my 6 display cabinets :-\ :-\

07102010003.jpg

07102010004.jpg

Pulling Power and Checking the Ewes fit in snugly but not good for taking photos in ;) ;)

07102010001.jpg

07102010002.jpg

• 2 months later...

This forenoon I got a call from my local Massey Ferguson dealer Balgownie Limited at Inverurie saying the Border Fine Art MF390 and MF70 mower had arrived and was ready for collection

A21281 MF390 & MF 70 Mower

Now I won't bore you with many photos since Mark has covered it in a separate topic and well  we all know they have managed to get the bonnet in this figurine terribly wrong. Having said that I still bought it since well I want my Border Fine Arts collection to be complete as possible.

When the chap started to open it I said now what's the number since I have a rule that I will not have a number 13 or in fact a limited number adding to 13...its a numbers thing and a wee bit of superstition I suppose. The chap said oh its Number 101. That'' ok I said shame though it wasn't 100 to which he replied would you like number 100. I though he was pulling my leg but no he had No 100 in his allocation so I ended up buying that one 8)

14122010001.jpg

14122010002.jpg

14122010003.jpg

Shame about the smudging of the 100 on the actual model but well another point i will be making when I email both BFA and the BFA Society.

14122010006.jpg

14122010004.jpg

14122010005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On Hogmany I received a flyer from the Posthorn in Castle Douglas with a couple of 2011 Border Fine Arts Classic introductions.

B1249 - Hard Work by Hand

This is the annual tractor ( year 21) a logging scene wit a County tractor.

I'm not sure of the model from the photo but could  it be a 1004 from around 1966 to 1975 with Ford 5000 transmission and a 6 cylinder engine ??? ???

b1249WEBSALE.jpg

147233_.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday my 2010/2011 Border Fine Arts Symbol of memebership arrived.

B1214 Charming ( a Goldfinch on a thistle )

18012011002.jpg

Also a tie pin for being a 10 year member although I have 11 such figurines I recall the Posthorn joined me FOC the first year when I purchased the Society Tractor (Kick Start)

18012011003.jpg

The certificate of quality and quality inspection record.

18012011004.jpg

18012011005.jpg

• 2 months later...

Year 21 of the Annual Border Fine Arts tractor and mine arrived on Friday although I saw it yesterday it was only this afternoon I was able to have a closer inspection.

It's B1249 and called "Hard Work By Hand"

As I thought earlier it's a County 6 cylinder 1004

The RRP for this Limited edition model of 500 which I have got Number 30 is £ 495 but as a loyal customer and an earlier payer I got my 20% discount so the cost to me was £ 396. 8)

Anyway here is the internal box

ST834003.jpg

Excellent packaging as always 8)

ST834004.jpg

ST834005.jpg

And I have got number 30 of 500 which is low and does not add to 13 8)

ST834006.jpg

I suppose it is Scott...well I haven't cabinet space so me thinks I will have to assemble cabinet number seven now. The tractor is set at a funny angle but I suspect this is to depict the forest terrain they would have been working in in real life.

There is one thing which disappoints me a little bit in this figuirine....there is something missing.....anyone car to hazzard a quess what that is ???

another great BFA scultpure  :of

i just picked up my very first BFA at Spalding, not as pricy as this one though  ;) , it was the "spring supplement" A20120. I am not sure how limited it is though as i am not sure what to make of what it says on the base???

Don't the scenes also have atleast one animal in them?, or are you missing the tractor driver ??? or license plate?

another great BFA scultpure  :of

i just picked up my very first BFA at Spalding, not as pricy as this one though  ;) , it was the "spring supplement" A20120. I am not sure how limited it is though as i am not sure what to make of what it says on the base???

Don't the scenes also have atleast one animal in them?, or are you missing the tractor driver ??? or license plate?

Spring supplement is unlimited and originally retailed at £ 165 although I got mine cheaper and the base is also signed by Ray Ayres.

Spot on with the animals Wil...usually one or a bird in the scene....but I must look close just in case there is a mouse or the likes lurking about ;)

The County is a lovely addition Bill.

I'd love to have some of your collection.

Wonder if they will do a David Brown 13/1490, I would definetly buy one of those  :-*

Yes the County is growing on me the more I look at it Barry. You never know they may make more David Brown's since they only really do British built tractors apart from John Deeres following their acquisition of "Country Artists"

yeah can see it straight away bill first picture, the box wasnt taped closed properly  :of :of :of:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well spotted Sean but not the answer I was looking for ;) ;)

I don't see any type of saw. Perhaps they are manly men and use their bare hands to snap the trunks off at the base. :D

Well Scott could be after drinking Iru Bru Scotland's other national drink...."made from girders" ;D ;D ;D

pleased i was paying attention the past 32 pages  ;D

thank you for the information Bill. At 70 pounds i assume i got a nice deal ;)

Yes you did Wil assuming you got the box and packaging as well ??? ???

• 2 months later...

I see the latest figurine from Border Fine Arts is a Limited edition of 750 by Ray Ayres from the Classic collection called "Fine Weather Work" No B1236.

Looks to be a Massey Ferguson 165 with an Acrobat rake.

Are the rear wheels / tyres rowcrop ones or undersized ??? ???

Fine_Weather_Wor_4ddcc6f1c5d32.jpg

• Like 1

Saw this one Bill in the latest newsletter they sent me, seems like the rear tyres are undersize, looks like 10x28 and should be either 13x28 or 12x32 to 'fill up' the gap under the mudguards. I see also that several of their earlier tractor peices have been price cut.