Forum Issues and Updates

Firefox

Tools

Options

Privacy

Private data - Settings button.  Check cookies and anything else you want removed.

You can set it to delete whenever you close or you can use

Tools

Clear Private Data

any time

thanks i done all that logged out closed my window opened it logged in still no luck

:D :D - I was just thinking that... how did you learn that then Holmes...  :o :o :o

I've been on my PC now for about 120 years... and I've NEVER had to do that  :-\ :D :D :D

It's the vacuum cleaner syndrome - computers also never empty themselves.  Cookies, Temporary files, Temporary Internet files, browsing history and general "saved but not wanted" can take up an awfully large amount of space which really slows down the system.

While your at you housekeeping routine - empty the recycle bin occasionally but NEVER just after deleting unwanteds as you may want one of them back.  Better to empty it at the start rather than at the end - a client did that and had deleted a series of files that our program uses and lost them completely.  Fortunately I was able to File Transfer them to her.

It's the vacuum cleaner syndrome - computers also never empty themselves.  Cookies, Temporary files, Temporary Internet files, browsing history and general "saved but not wanted" can take up an awfully large amount of space which really slows down the system.

While your at you housekeeping routine - empty the recycle bin occasionally but NEVER just after deleting unwanteds as you may want one of them back.  Better to empty it at the start rather than at the end - a client did that and had deleted a series of files that our program uses and lost them completely.  Fortunately I was able to File Transfer them to her.

I've been using CCleaner, free shareware program from http://filehippo.com/, to keep the rubbish files on my PC under control.  Great piece of software.  Searches all the nooks and crannies and removes loads of rubbish files.  Also can be used to sort out Registry problems etc.  Its programable to keep the cookies you want to keep etc. 

The first C in the name stands for c r a p and my god does it find some.  Run it every couple of weeks and regularly removes around 100MB of rubbish.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems with certain topics when you can view the first page of it but if you try to view another page of the same topic it just comes up blank?

It happened earlier with me Mark when I tried to view the second page of Sonny's converted International. First page loaded fine second page just a blank white screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy.. Just browsing with my new iPad and noticed that the main reply box and message box doesn't allow text input... Well what I mean is that it doesn't 'trip' the keyboard to pop up.  If you press the text input box on quick reply it opens the screens keyboard as it should.  Or am I doing something wrong ?

There is an update to apply to the forum Mark which will be done either tonight or tomorrow. I guess as new phone/device software comes out, they interpret websites differently than previous versions might, so I guess its a case of the forum software adapting to be compatibile with the ipad.

• 1 month later...