Forum Issues and Updates

For me the Forum was exceeding slow yesterday.  In fact the Internet in general was slow and every site I tried to visit took a long while to load, even ebay!  Of the send button was hit twice during a slow send it is possible to have sent it twice.

Back to normal speed today.

The server loads have been quite speradic recently. I contacted the technical centre who have the servers, and they have installed some new hardware recently. Its something to keep an eye on though, so thank you for pointing it out.

Im currently working in Vancouver, Canada and for the last few days I have been getting 'server not responding' and 'server unavailable' messages. Some times it loads fine and other times I get the error. The strange thing is the message is almost instantaneous, its like it does not even try to fetch and load page. I had a similar issue with my host before, it was a DNS conflict as when I Google it returns the page cache info no problem so it was obvious the site is up and running, as is the case with FTF.

I hope that helps you a bit further.

I am currently in discussions with the technical guys at the datacentre. There are a few issues regarding the server at the moment (evident to all!) and I am doing the best I can to get it resolved as quickly as possible.

It may take a few days get everything back up to speed, so apologies for that, but the situation is being dealt with!

Due to the recent problems with the server we are going to be moving to a new system in the coming weeks. The new "cloud" system will ensure very quick performance and greater capacity and should "hopefully" be the final upgrade required.

Due to the recent problems with the server we are going to be moving to a new system in the coming weeks. The new "cloud" system will ensure very quick performance and greater capacity and should "hopefully" be the final upgrade required.

Groundhog day  :of;D:D :D  .. this place just keeps on getting more and more successful... who remembers the 'good old days' when we moved the first time to a Hooooooge server that would be all that we ever needed  :-\ :)  ...

what about brochure storage then Andy ??? will we have space on your 'cloud' thingy for a few gb's of data to share about our membership group again perhaps ???

One more thing.. before you hand over any more money just check it's not a packet of cotton wool... and not a 'cloud' as promised... I'd hate to see us ripped off  >:(:-[

i tried starting a new thread with my ipad but i couldnt get it to let me write the acctual message, it let me write the title tho, dont know if its the forum or my ipad, any one with computer savay know ?

cheers

i tried starting a new thread with my ipad but i couldnt get it to let me write the acctual message, it let me write the title tho, dont know if its the forum or my ipad, any one with computer savay know ?

cheers

you can use it Chris... BUT... only to make basic posts... it won't let you quote for instance..

Anyway... the 'secret' is to toggle the button above on the far right (blue arrow with red brackets around it)... once you've pressed that the keyboard will pop up