Britains POS

super6

These date from 2002 and are part of a POS kit available to retailers. These ones were acquired from The Toyfarmer I think they were called from Fordingbridge, from their stall at the Great Dorset steam show and were foc, I asked and received ;) Next time I saw them they were being sold.

IMG_20080220_2180.jpg

IMG_20080220_2178.jpg

Some more latter.

If sideways...............thanks photobucket ::)

I've got the last 2 posters and the Fastrac colouring brochure.

Also when I got my britains farmhouse it didn't come with either of those tractors but a MF 6140? Strange.

The promotion with the farmhouse was including the play mat. The two tractors are two other promotions marked as super value set, tractor and trailer with some animals, figure and accessories ?9.99.

Ploughmaster, is this from 2001? It is shown in the 2002 trade catalogue, as BFPOSKIT with two of each poster, one A3 strutted POS card, one aisle hanging board and six shelf edge strips. I was under the impression it dated from then ???

Another installment for you. 0096 Card Display Stand Farm from 1978. An eBay purchase.

IMG_20080226_2188.jpg

To give you some idea of its size

IMG_20080226_2187.jpg

I suspect the image shown in the 1978 catalogue is a mock up as it differs slightly from this in the positioning of the machinery along the bottom edge. This was replaced in 1981.

• Like 1

By this. It was still available in 1986 after which POS was not shown in the trade catalogue (Petite era)

IMG_20080226_2185.jpg

As you can see it is almost the same as the previous version. The cut out/up stand at the front has disappeared and the models along the front have been updated. This was a freebie from a well known trader  ;D

IMG_20080226_2183.jpg

• Like 1

Last one for tonight ;) I know when this dates from, perhaps some one else can tell me/us? Of the three shown tonight it is by far the biggest. Unlike the other two it is made from four separate pieces of stiff/thick card

IMG_20080226_2189.jpg

IMG_20080226_2190.jpg

More to come 8)

• Like 1

Did the traders used to put loose models on them then? Did models not get stolen?

I don't know, I have never seen one being used. Possibly :o

Mine is complete in the original card outer which has a sticker with the words "Britains Farm POS 2001, Code No-BFPOSKIT". It is correct and complete with the numbers I gave for each item (I have seen 3 complete 2001 POS  kits and they all had the same contents). 

It is quite likely they carried the various cards and posters forward to the following year.  Obviously, no shop would require such a large number of the posters, so presumably Britains cut the numbers down for 2002.

I am not doubting you, just trying to ascertain when they became available. I have a poor aisle hanging card, three A3 strutted cards (bought one then two more came along foc ::) ) two of each poster and two of the shelf edgers. Not, unfortunately, in the cardboard wallet, perhaps one will turn up eventually ;)

Oh this topic gets better and better :)

I'm glad you are enjoying it  ;D

A bit more for you. These from 2001. I am reliably informed ;) Aisle hanging card, a bit ropey this one, it has suffered some water damage but it was FOC ;D

IMG_20080302_2317.jpg

A3 strutted card. It has a piece of card stuck down the centre of the back, when this is bent at 90 degrees to the front it is free standing

IMG_20080302_2318.jpg

Shelf edger to follow

These are from 2006

IMG_20080302_2301.jpg

I think this is supposed to be stuck underneath a shelf to hang down and wobble about a bit ::)

IMG_20080302_2302.jpg

This is also from the same year. I sourced this for somebody on the forum, unfortunately he was not able to collect it, so it became mine.

IMG_20080302_2310.jpg

The card on the top can be replaced with a 2007 edition from this. I don't have one as yet, fingers crossed and a trader friend has one for me.

IMG_20080302_2312.jpg

More  :) I think this was introduced in 1987. The scene along the bottom was first used in the 1986 catalogues, when Farming display stand 0096 was still available. It folds flat for storage and is one piece.

IMG_20080227_2193.jpg

There are six little cards like the one on the left, unfortunately the plastic tags have become brittle with age and are broken :(

IMG_20080227_2192.jpg

With a few tractors to give you an idea of how big it is.

IMG_20080227_2191.jpg

Last for tonight. Powerfarm rolling road with its packing box

IMG_20080227_2200.jpg

With tractor and muck spreader, drive shaft missing here

IMG_20080227_2194.jpg

The tractors for this do not have a motor or battery terminals but do have the early design of bonnet with no locating lugs on the lower rear part.

IMG_20080227_2197.jpg

They are attached to the rolling road by a small Velcro patch on the under slung/belly weights

IMG_20080227_2198.jpg

The white rectangle on right is where the tractor is attached

IMG_20080227_2199.jpg

Last one for tonight. A view of the underside showing the motor, bottom right. Apart from the motor and belt the rest is made from cardboard.

IMG_20080227_2202.jpg

• Like 1

That would have been superb to see going!! Wheels turning muckspreader flail working!! :o :o :o

I cant do video, but it does work, I've just tried it  ;D ;D ;D Its not very fast, probably wouldn't throw the muck very far if it managed to throw it out!

I suppose you could class this as POS. A recent eBay purchase. I bought it from the original seller who only had a poor picture of one of the other, Fiat half track, items. The other items were re-listed by the new owner with good photo's, I was unable to secure any of them :(

This is how it arrived with only the one foldout  wing section. The buyer who re-listed the other items described it as being made for the 1982 Toy Fair. Model is held on to base by wire through four holes. The logo and other markings appear to be cut from a box! Model No. and suggested retail price shown on base with a number 6 for what I cannot imagine ??? The box is specific to this item and going by the letter K on it there were at least 10 other items to go with it  ;) There were a lot of new releases in 1982.

IMG_20080302_2320.jpg

There are no Britains markings on it at all, these would be along the rear most part where the green A shaped rods come out to. As you can see in the photograph the production model differed in a few ways. There are eyes on the cast metal parts and additional holes in the moulded plastic pieces.

IMG_20080302_2321.jpg

The rear most metal part is not cut down on the left, adjacent to hinge, so that a production wing section does not fold up on to the main section as it should. I hope this is clear ::) The lower one was bought for a replacement wing section.

IMG_20080302_2322.jpg

Whilst looking through the 1982 trade catalogue I noticed that the MF version of the tipping trailer has been decal-ed up with the combine markings.....WEIRD

One more for tonight. Another cube, size is 300 x 300 x 300 approximately or for the more senior members 1' x 1' x 1'  :D I reckon this dates from after 1986.

IMG_20080302_2327.jpg

I know that they are not contemporary with the cube, 1987 saw the release of the Powerfarm range and I've already shown one of them, albeit without a motor  ;)

IMG_20080302_2325.jpg