Britains POS

super6

Last ones for tonight. These date from after 1998 approximately when the Authentic Farm Models logo was reintroduced in an altered version from that which had first been used in 1989 changing in 1990 and again in1992 before being dropped in 1996. I came across one of these in a toyshop and made enquiries to the assistant who said she would speak to the owner on my behalf. Returning at a latter date I found the poster still there with some of the animals removed because the owner needed them for a sale ::) I had offered to pay more than what the animals were worth to secure the poster for myself :'(

IMG_20080211_2096.jpg

It wasn't a total loss though as the assistant saved this one for me ;D The Rosette Range was introduced in 1993 during the Petite era.

IMG_20080213_2137.jpg

That's it for tonight :P

• Like 1

Nigel/Marky, thank you for that :) I want one. I think the one my sister had was round, a few years ago now  ;)

Marmitemania, go for it , be brave, be very brave. It will be nice to know how you get on.

Tune in for another episode tomorrow ;D

Okay, another instalment. Its good to hear others are enjoying this, thanks. Right, first up tonight are a few window stickers...........This one dates from the late 60s I believe, as item no. 39. I only have two trade catalogues from the 60s, 63 & 64, then from 1972 to date.

IMG_20080216_2148.jpg

It was superseded by this version, again item No. 39, in 1977 and deleted at the end of 1981. A quick glance at them and you would think them to be the same, the differences are quite subtle 8)

IMG_20080216_2147.jpg

Two more, for the animal ranges. Farm first, item No.93. They were both introduced in 1977 and deleted at the end of 1981

IMG_20080216_2150.jpg

Wild life, item No. 92. I purchased a few bits and pieces of POS from a trader and it included four of these, only this one left now ;) had to keep one. I traded the other three for a major on steel wheels, the first version with external headlamps, which were missing ::)

IMG_20080216_2149.jpg

This last one dates from 1971, as item No.82. I would imagine it was only available for the one year because it is virtually identical to the cover of the 1971 customer catalogue. Another purchase from Zwolle  ;D

IMG_20080216_2151.jpg

A little bit more :P Shelf edgers. First version in card, first introduced in 1982 as item No. 78. These have to be folded before placing on shelf edge, and that is what I had to do for this picture. There are some unfolded examples behind. It was superseded in 1986........

IMG_20080216_2153.jpg

..........by this version, in plastic and already folded

IMG_20080215_2143.jpg

before being replaced by this version. Sorry no date for this as issued during the Petite era

IMG_20080215_2142.jpg

which was replaced by this version, 1996 to 1997 when these images were used ;)

IMG_20080215_2141.jpg

Oh, and some of my small collection ::)

• Like 1

Shelftalkers! shouldn't they have batteries in? bit like the birthday/christmas cards you can get? Imagine the noise :D

Last bit for now. Shelf-edger in Britains parlance :) Small World version. I can't remember were I obtained this one from :-\ A lucky acquisition

IMG_20080215_2138.jpg

IMG_20080215_2140.jpg

More to come...............

A little bit more :P Shelf edgers. First version in card, first introduced in 1982 as item No. 78. These have to be folded before placing on shelf edge, and that is what I had to do for this picture. There are some unfolded examples behind. It was superseded in 1986........

IMG_20080216_2153.jpg

..........by this version, in plastic and already folded

IMG_20080215_2143.jpg

before being replaced by this version. Sorry no date for this as issued during the Petite era

IMG_20080215_2142.jpg

which was replaced by this version, 1996 to 1997 when these images were used ;)

IMG_20080215_2141.jpg

Oh, and some of my small collection ::)

any history behind the tanker in pic 1, as never seen one in that design

& in the 4th pic i can see two silage trailers , the blue we all know & love  :D  but the green ?

very interesting stuff mate

Can I reserve one Nigel? or are you ebaying it/them?

MJB1, the milk tanker is the US edition. They come with either a chrome or a silver painted tank. I will, try to remember to  ::), put some more pics up of the tanker and trailers

Just the one for today, as described by Britains No. 0067 Display case for loose models. It comes with three glass shelves with a perspex front and sliding doors to rear. First available in 1980 with a different logo along the top. This one dates from 1981 to at least 1986, after which they are not listed in the trade catalogue, if available.

IMG_20080217_2155.jpg

brhofa, I have these books, all 4. Some nice pieces that I covet ;D

Ploughmaster, As regards the implements at work "poster" it is made of much thicker card than the boxes were, flimsy would describe these ::), so I do not think it is the front cutout. It is quite possible that they were inserted in the sets though.

Some more, posters. This one was issued in 1989 or 90. The farm house was available from 1988 and deleted at the end of 1990, the super spray tanker and Renault tractor being released in 1990. If poster is sideways then photo bucket is not playing ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20080220_2182.jpg

I acquired this poster after a visit to a toy shop. While talking to the owner I mentioned that I collected toy tractors, upon which she pulled this from under the counter and presented it to me. It was given to her by a Britains rep and is dated 1999. I gained another, seen in yet another toy shop, having spoken to the manager and leaving my name and number. It cost me a donation in a charity box.

IMG_20080220_2181.jpg

I presume the poster had something to do with this competition, obtained at same time.

scan0006.jpg