Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

Might well be rare but £600 for a cardboard cut out???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-Ultra-Rare-H7017-MAKE-UP-FARM-YARD-BOXED-Tractors-Implements-1-32-/330679227721?pt=UK_Toys_Games_ToySoldiers_EH&hash=item4cfe049549

Phew, you would need to be a dedicated Britains groupie for this one :of :of :of :of

The only other one I have seen for sale was on eBay a couple of years ago and i can't remember how much it sold for :- . I seem think it may have been over £300 (but it was nowhere near as tidy as that one is). £600 does seem a lot, but if you are an old school collector who is looking for completeness, will you ever see another - it is worth whatever you can afford to acquire it.

The seller is well known authority on Britains and Herald plastic figures, so he knows very well what he has got and what he might prise out of someone for it. Sadly, it's way beyond my means.

Who's in the running for the DBP 7610 finshing tonight?

Not me I only go for the County's to save me bank account plus this particular seller does not supply enough pictures for me, nearly offered a high amount for a muir hill and asked for more pics but they could not provide, sold for a lot less than I would have offered, but I guess it's all about choice

What a result mate great work, it can tough selling a conversion when you have spent so much time on it and don't quite get what you think it is worth, brilliant stuff

that is right,and unless you describe it quite accurately people dont even realise it can take 3 models to make 1,but that money has helped me get some claas models,so im very happy Edited by paulali

thought that 7610 would have gone for more than that, not for me, but was watching the 390 he had to, but went for nigh on the same as a new one from dave himself, and i would much rather pay him than anyone else

That same seller had a DBP Ford 4600 up on EBAY last week ,which i bidded to the last second and still lost. It went at £120 .That tractor is on my most wanted list. Dave Purdue aint responding to me every time i TRY place an order for one. So i really wanted that one. Maybe next time. ^-^