Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

12 hours ago, Hajo said:

Just wanted to let you know I bought this Fiat, and the red harvester he had for sale as well. So it is going to a good home.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Ok , will pass your regards to Shaun. :D

On 5/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Tractorman810 said:

Wonder if someones messing him about, fake bidding or something  , its up to 100 odd already ,with 6 days left as well 

Could be the seller. I've had it done to me before where the seller has 2 accounts and when you put a bid in, he puts a couple pound more in. Happened to me with a stihl longreach headge cutter. 

22 hours ago, fordmajor said:

Is the fiat a pre production colour ?

A fas as I know this is not a pre production model, but a rather unusual paint job, that is exactly what attracted me to buy it. If it really was a pre production sample, it would have sold for a far better price I guess. Just a quirky conversion, just like the harvester. :D

9 hours ago, dm434 said:

Ok , will pass your regards to Shaun. :D

Thanks, had some conversation with him about shipping. Nice and honest bloke!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Be a lot of time spent building these ,look good though 

• Like 1

Wasn't going to say anything until this was sold. This ended up on ebay as I had two lads who didn't pay for their models out of a batch of ten. The hammer price for this has covers the cost of both their trailers while allowing me to keep a model for my own collection. Will be sticking to kits and truck models though, these proved far more hastle than they're worth. 

eBay seems a very different place these days to say 5 years ago. High value items will be bid up to near their hammer price in the first day of a listing going live. Previously the first 5 days something would sit at 99p, then a bidding frenzy would occur at the very end. Surely as a buyer its simple logic that bidding early will drive the price up more and you'll end up paying a higher price. Not that I'm complaining, just an observation from what I've sold and watched recently. 

• Like 4

And you also have to ask yourself why the managers at Wiking haven't thought to themselves 'hmm, those 6930s we used to make sell for a lot, why dont we churn a few thousand more out' 

I hope it sells but you do have to wonder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Wiking John Deere 6930

When it gets to this kind of price and the buyer has  a score of 6 with 0% feedback you wonder if they are going to pay for the model when the auction ends

good luck barry, i may well consider selling my second one if they are doing this well .

On 6/4/2020 at 12:02 PM, Barry said:

Wiking John Deere 6930

When it gets to this kind of price and the buyer has  a score of 6 with 0% feedback you wonder if they are going to pay for the model when the auction ends

He paid an hour after it finished, faith in humanity restored........until I watch the news *sigh* :ph34r:

• Like 1