The Aughton Valley Collection

they are nice,got my 3800 hooked up to the uh vaderstad 8 metre drill ,3300 still in box but not for long, might get the lemken gigant,trade in in my vaderstad topdown

I'll admit that's the one thing i'm drastically lacking in my collection, some decent implements, due largely because of the way I enjoy displaying all my tractors in line ups, however i'm considering investing in something substantial to go on the back of my FW60, we'll just have to see. :)

what are you thinking of getting

Not sure just at the moment Paul, i'm going to have a really good look at what's out there before my next wage slip arrives before commiting to anything, can't decide whether or not to head down the higher detail UH route or plump for a Britains Simba Solo which my local Newsagents stock.

I guess my holy grail would be to have it yoked to something custom built from an earlier or similar era as the tractor itself, like a set of Opico Trail - R - Disc harrows made by Binkleys in the USA, like the ones featured in two of Stuart Gibbard's excellent books, now that would be really nice. :)

Not sure just at the moment Paul, i'm going to have a really good look at what's out there before my next wage slip arrives before commiting to anything, can't decide whether or not to head down the higher detail UH route or plump for a Britains Simba Solo which my local Newsagents stock.

I guess my holy grail would be to have it yoked to something custom built from an earlier or similar era as the tractor itself, like a set of Opico Trail - R - Disc harrows made by Binkleys in the USA, like the ones featured in two of Stuart Gibbard's excellent books, now that would be really nice. :)

FOCUS MAN!  :-\  You could go nuts thinking about what to choose!  Been there done that!

• 4 weeks later...

Today I finally got around to buying a Britains Simba Solo to display with my Ford FW60 and decided to put this little selection of photographs together of it. It's the first implement i've bought in a long time and i'm very pleased with it, I now just need a proper drill to yoke up to the FW30, one that's not broken for a start.

DSC06128.jpg

DSC06130.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

DSC06133.jpg

DSC06134.jpg

I've resisted buying a Simba just because it dwarfs most of my tractors (same for most of the Britains 00's range), but it certainly sits well behind those FW Fords.

Looks rather good I'll agree mate. I've had a bit of a play with it yoked up to some of the rubber tracked crawlers and biggest rigids I have in my collection and I still think looks better yoked to the big FW60 than anything else I have at present, might have to invest in few more implements now. :)

there looking good ;) hope you've a lot of carpet to keep them busy :D :D

Very impressed with how they look yoked together Pete, plenty of carpet acreage to keep these two busy. ;)

nice one ,they do go together very well,paul

Thanks Paul, just need a suitable drill now for the FW30, i'm thinking along the lines of the UH Horsch Tiger 6 AS TD/Pronto 6 TD Drill, I'd like something much better and suitable than that very basic and tatty Siku thing i've had for many years.

Some very nice items you have there. Like the F60 8)

Texas

Thanks Baz, being a blue fan at heart I do like the big FW artics rather a lot and i've just noticed on a website there's a dualed 'Prestige' version of the FW60 that's being released aswell which will be a must for my collection. :)

Here's photographs of two other very recent purchases both from Siku, a Massey Ferguson 5455 and the baby Weidemann Hofftrac articulated loader.

Have to say i'm really taken with the little Weidemann loader, it wasn't all that expensive and makes a nice alternative to all the skid steer loader models out there, it's very well finished off and makes for a very solid toy on any carpet farm too.

DSC06136.jpg

DSC06137.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

You are building up quite a collection there David...my view is better spending money on things you like rather than investing it in the current economic climate ;) ;)

I couldn't agree more Bill, i'm thoroughly enjoying every second of amassing my collection whilst keeping within the limits of my monthly paycheck, although the model shopping list I have built up in the last week or so now would probably account for my next half dozen pay days.  :D  There's been some very impressive new realeases recently and i'm quite keen keep a little bit aside for some of these. But who knows with my collecting habits, we'll just have to see. :)

Here's a couple of photographs of my most recent additions to my collection, starting with the plinth mounted Britains JCB Fastrac 3185 seen lined up alongside my 1CX from the same series which i've had for a while now.

Unsure as to the 'going rate' for these versions but they cost me around £20 each.

DSC06148.jpg

Whilst over in the Massey camp i've added the Siku 5400 series loader tractor to my steadily growing line up of red rigids.

DSC06152.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a small selection of photographs of my most recent additions to my collection. Starting with a pair of baby Siku Fendts, the little tool carrier tractor and a Dieselross with mid mounted cutter bar to join my standard example. I'm really taken with the little tool carrier for such a small model it's equipped with some very useful and functional parts.

It's one of thirteen of the vintage and classic tractors Siku have released in the last few years i've gathered up, including one of very few Siku limited editions I have, the Pampa version of the Lanz Bulldog:

DSC06176.jpg

DSC06177.jpg

DSC06178.jpg

Whilst adding these two lovely blues has been one of the highlights of my collecting hobby this year. I won't go overboard and post lots of photographs as there are better ones elsewhere on this forum. I ended up plumping for the 4wd SLE version and have decided to put the engine covers and weight block on this one. I also purchased the 2wd SL version as I once drove one of these when I was at college 6 years ago ploughing the "curriculum" field there with a 3 furrow reversible Ransomes plough. I've decided to display this one with the most appropriate implement I have, the Britains 940 small rectangular baler:

DSC06172.jpg

DSC06175.jpg

DSC06174.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well i've been attempting to save my pennies recently in readiness for Spalding 2010 and one or two other things, however I did allow the moths to migrate from my wallet last week to purchase my first model of 2010.

And here it is, a recent Britains release, their articulated John Deere 7520 on duals. True it's a casting that's been used before and not all that common a tractor to UK eyes but for an avid prairie monster fan such as myself it sits well alongside my other classic John Deere artics I have in my collection. It's solidly put together and has just enough detail to be pleasing on the eye, it's certainly better than the super singled 7020 which slightly bemusingly lacks a glazed cab. In all truth though i'm looking forward with much more excitement to the realease of the Plow City 8760, which if the pictures posted on here are anything to go by is going to be a treat for any John Deere and articulated tractor fan. As a little aside too, i'd dearly love to see an 8850 in model form, as we did get some of these V8 beasts charging up and down fields over here. :)

DSC06274.jpg

DSC06281.jpg

DSC06279.jpg

DSC06275.jpg

Seen as though I had the artic green and yellow machines out of the cabinet I thought i'd set up another very impromptude and rather amateur looking carpet farming photoshoot with the other classic "Deeres" that also share the same shelf.

In a similar vain to the line up of modern/classic harvesting Ford and New Holland machines I posted earlier in this thread, here's a farm that whilst clearly reliant on big modern machines, doesn't part exchange and doesn't mind bringing them out to play once in a while:

9880 working alongside the Hinniker cabbed 4020 FWA:

DSC06245.jpg

DSC06265.jpg

Original UK 4020 joins in the action with a New Holland 940 rectangular baler:

DSC06270.jpg

When the New Holland started to play up the farm's regular baling combination had to be brought in to finish the job:

DSC06262.jpg

With the field cleared the big 8640 moves in with the Simba Solo, joined by the farms third 4020 to tidy up the headlands:

DSC06271.jpg

DSC06272.jpg