The Aughton Valley Collection

Your collection is growing fast. Great new itemsyou have there.

Texas

Thank you Bas, quite like the look of the 7520 with it's similar bonnet styling to their big 2wd rigids of the same era, which reminds me whilst I have my "wish list" head on, how about a 1/32nd scale 5020 please Britains/Ertl? :)

a very nice addition to the collection i must say.. thinking of adding one to my fathers co-owned collection too.

I really like it Wil, it won't be for everyone's taste, but having enjoyed amassing some of the other classic Britains John Deere tractors I thought it would look nice sat alongside them in the cabinet. :)

great pictures and models, what is the third 4020 dragging?

thanks

alex

Thanks Alex, appreciated. :)

The third 4020 is hitched to two old Britains implements from my Dad's childhood, an old cultivator and roller. The roller is just sat posed on the back of the drag in the photograph. I'm glad I still have these of my Dad's, even though they're not in the greatest condition and also very glad they avoided being sold at one of the many carboot sales we both attended when I was younger, when I assumed (very unwisely) I was too old still to be "toy" farming.

DSC06287.jpg

thanks          :D;):D8)

You're welcome Massey 111. :)

Well so much for saving my hard earned wages recently! A few days ago I got far too excited over something I'd seen on the top shelf of a very different section in a local newsagents, a tatty dust ridden box containing a Britains New Holland CR980 combine harvester. Today after i'd finished being at work on my day off I went back and handed over £30 for the privelege of ownership, to add the model to an interesting little set of CR "memorabelia" I now have in my collection.

Firstly the sales brochure of the original liveried version I was kindly given by a good friend a few years ago:

DSC06293.jpg

The model I bought today, which aside from a loose hand rail and a decal coming away from the bodywork, isn't a bad representation at all.

DSC06288.jpg

DSC06289.jpg

DSC06291.jpg

Lastly, the "real deal," a newer CR9080 I was lucky enough to photograph last summer working on the Yorkshire Wolds.

DSC05442.jpg

The Britains New Holland CR980 is the fourth combine harvester to join my collection and whilst endeavouring to try and find a better way of displaying my models to photograph ( a white table cloth on a little table pushed up against a kitchen cupboard) I thought i'd take pictures of the rest of them:

Britains New Holland CX880

DSC06300.jpg

Britains John Deere 9880 STS

DSC06301.jpg

Siku Deutz Fahr 36.10, the only combine from my carpet farming days to survive the carboot sale cull, unlike my Britains Power Farming New Holland TR.

DSC06295.jpg

DSC06294.jpg

DSC06296.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's photographs of two other very recent purchases both from Siku, a Massey Ferguson 5455 and the baby Weidemann Hofftrac articulated loader.

Have to say I'm really taken with the little Weidemann loader, it wasn't all that expensive and makes a nice alternative to all the skid steer loader models out there, it's very well finished off and makes for a very solid toy on any carpet farm too.

Excellent photography.  I purchased a backhoe recently, not what I expected.  This got me to thinking about the quality of the Siku Terex backhoe.  Then I remembered your post about the Siku Hoftrac.  Doing some searching around on the web and your post, I have a Hoftrac on order, cant wait.  Good eye Walter.

Excellent photography.  I purchased a backhoe recently, not what I expected.  This got me to thinking about the quality of the Siku Terex backhoe.  Then I remembered your post about the Siku Hoftrac.  Doing some searching around on the web and your post, I have a Hoftrac on order, cant wait.  Good eye Walter.

Thank you RLT, i'll probably do a review of the Terex backhoe at some point for F.T.F's "Rate and Review" system now you've reminded me of that particular model. I'm definitely a fan of the little Weidemann, very nice model for the money. :)

Nice to have some of your dad's Britain's in your collection David.

I'm very pleased to have become the custodian of my Dad's old Britains implements Bill. I have just over half a dozen items now residing indoors from his childhood and hope very shortly to have a couple of old photographs to accompany them too from when he was a "lad" with some of the other toys he used to have, watch this space. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my first mini photographic review of the models I added to my collection from Spalding on sunday starting with the wonderful conversion craftsmanship of PDC and the Massey Fergusons I bought from him. They are now all safely lined up alongside the 6480 I purchased from Paul at last years April show. The 6190 was at the top of my shopping list as I have experienced the pleasure of driving the real deal on a friend's farm in the past yoked to a 5 furrow reversible Dowdeswell. The Siku Claas wheels suit this model a treat too.

DSC06654.jpg

DSC06655.jpg

DSC06658.jpg

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06661.jpg

DSC06663-1.jpg

Hi David

its certainly a nice collection you have there do you know how many models you have in your collection??

It was nice to meet you on sunday as well its always nice to put faces to the names

Regards Nick

Thank you Nick, including the few implements I have hidden away in draws my collection now stands at around 280-ish models/toys. Most of them I have purchased in the last three years and I bought my first cabinet for them when I first started posting on F.T.F last year.

Great to meet you on sunday Nick, I could have talked tractors both model/real deal all afternoon with you. :)

Continuing the Massey Ferguson theme with a pair of models from Universal Hobbies. The 35X brings back great memories of the one I drove on a friend's farm leading round bale straw with when all the available more modern tractors were commited to other tasks. The classic era 590 is for the time being one of my favourite models from UH and very well made too.

DSC06672.jpg

DSC06773.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

DSC06770.jpg

I know me to mate most people look at me as though i have two heads when i tell them i collect models its great to have like minded people who you can talk to about different models of farm tractors and impliments you know what i mean dont you

;D ;D 8)

Regards Nick

I know me to mate most people look at me as though i have two heads when i tell them i collect models its great to have like minded people who you can talk to about different models of farm tractors and impliments you know what i mean dont you

;D ;D 8)

Regards Nick

Many of my close friends from around here whom I share a drink with and go to gigs and festivals with think i'm completely bonkers, particularly if i'm passenger in a car with them and I spot (twitch?) a machine from the window. I can't help myself but comment or demand they stop so I can take photographs. :)  Each to there own, they know me well and have their interests too, and appreciate the hobby I choose to pursue. As you rightly say it's very refreshing as a result of the forum existing to speak to like minded and enthusiastic people such as yourself on the subject of a tractor or implement from the real and minature world. :)   

The final two models from the Fergies I assembled on Sunday in the shape of a pair of articulated tractors from opposite ends the Massey Ferguson pivot steer spectrum. Starting with the Universal Hobbies 1200, a very fine model and excellent value for money too given the 24 stubble drag that comes with the tractor. My only minor grumble with this machine is the rear light brackets seem to have a mind of their own, this (along with the ROS Fiat) was the first model I bought from Barry (Udimore) this year. It was really good to catch up with him and meet his lovely lady. :)

Whilst from the American prairies and manufactured by Ertl is this 4900 which in real life would pump out 375hp from it's Cummins V8 engine. This is a wonderfully simple and solid representation from Ertl and i'm pleased it's fitted with proper glazing to show off the cab's basic functions inside.  I'd love to find a 4840 in this country to take photographs of and how about a McConnell manufactured 5200 as a future Toy Farmer edition RC2 please? That would make me very happy. :)

DSC06664.jpg

DSC06665.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06674.jpg

DSC06673.jpg

DSC06675.jpg

I was really keen to add a some more detailed Fendts to my collection after purchasing a Weise 515C at last year's show. My Siku general realeases are now living on the bookcase having been replaced in the cabinet by the following models. Starting with the modern Vario models and specifically the Schuco 211. For such a small tractor the level of detail encompassed into this model is incredible, right down to the sprung front axle. It's also very good value for money.

Whilst at the larger end of the scale the the pair of Wiking Fendts ( I believe there is already a thread on here comparing these two tractors) are superb.

DSC06753.jpg

DSC06766.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06738.jpg

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06757.jpg 

Lastly from my collection of Fendts are this pair of older model 824 and 615-LSA both expertly miniturised by Weise-Toys. Starting with the 824 and the real machine I caught up with at Pickering Steam Rally last year. Whilst the older machine reminds me of a similar one operated by a local potato merchant when I was a kid. The detail, particularly inside the cab of the 615 is nothing short of stunning. These two models were my first purchases from Steve and Karen at Farmmodels, it was fascinating to speak to Steve especially regards all the effort and cost that goes into the making of the Imber Fords. Much respect indeed.

DSC04898.jpg

DSC06743.jpg

DSC06745.jpg

DSC06746.jpg

DSC06750.jpg

DSC06756.jpg

thats a fair collection your building up there david :D

Thanks Pete, very pleased with how it's progressing, although I won't be buying anymore for a while now. I've managed to squeeze them all into my room and cabinets too at the expense of some Siku and Britains General realeases which are now sat on other shelves. :)

Continuing the AGCO chapter, I had it in mind to start a Challenger themed line up having seen the MT-685C Mark (4055power) had in his collection and I also think the livery on these machines is one of the smartest around. True the wheeled versions aren't common to this country but Universal Hobbies have done a great job modeling these tractors and they look really nice together with the Norscot rubber tracked machine which is familiar to UK eyes. Now if Schuco could just produce the Fendt combine harvester in these colours that would be much appreciated please. :)

DSC06684.jpg

DSC06685.jpg

DSC06688.jpg

DSC06689.jpg

DSC06690.jpg

DSC06691.jpg