Britains 2010 Releases

nathan

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble is that list wasn't supposed to be made public. They have always announced second half releases around Spring / Summer time anyway. I think Craig believes it enhances the item if its not announced at the start of the year.  :-

I also gave the biggest hint yet that this year would be a fightback from Britains with some "True British Classics" on the horizon. If you look at the list, I am sure most can determine what these may or might be.  ;)

With regards to the County. There are significant differences between ours and theres.

Concerning your last post Rick, I think 2009 was a poor year but hopefully this time in 2011, collectors will be able to answer the question differently.

The trouble is that list wasn't supposed to be made public. They have always announced second half releases around Spring / Summer time anyway. I think Craig believes it enhances the item if its not announced at the start of the year.  :-

I also gave the biggest hint yet that this year would be a fightback from Britains with some "True British Classics" on the horizon. If you look at the list, I am sure most can deterine what these may or might be.  ;)

With regards to the County. There are significant differences between ours and theres.

Concerning your last post Rick, I think 2009 was a poor year but hopefully this time in 2011, collectors will be able to answer the question differently.

Well it would be nice if these guys could have some of their childhood toys again brought back.....Im not so sure RC2 is that supporative of small kit......everything looks perfect for my family farm in alberta 5000 acres but the little farm dont see to get much stuff

Well I have had Britains since childhood days and then started collecting them again around about 5 and a bit years ago when I started running out of space for my small vintage tractor collection. I'm going to stick with them and I have faith in them that better things are to come. The classics certainly appeal to me.

I also gave the biggest hint yet that this year would be a fightback from Britains with some "True British Classics" on the horizon. If you look at the list, I am sure most can determine what these may or might be.  ;)

well  andy i am sorry but i will have to call in the heavys know >:(

are you ready sean, marky o and udi go get him and kiss him till he tells  :-*:-* :-*;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Right

this is me just being a wee bit picky but International 956 xl isnt realy a "true brit classic" is it ?

very nice all the same i would by a batch of them....But they where built in germany ...doesnt that make them a german classic,I know they sold allot in this

country but if u think of a british classic car would you call a SAAB 900 a brit

classic????

wouldent true brit classic mean built in britain maybee doncaster/bradford meltham coventry bathgate scunthorpe if it was to be

a true brit classic

Right

this is me just being a wee bit picky but International 956 xl isnt realy a "true brit classic" is it ?

very nice all the same i would by a batch of them....But they where built in germany ...doesnt that make them a german classic,I know they sold allot in this

country but if u think of a british classic car would you call a SAAB 900 a brit

classic? ???

wouldent true brit classic mean built in britain maybee doncaster/bradford meltham coventry bathgate scunthorpe if it was to be a true brit classic

Don't forget Basildon and Fleet ;) I would guess, seeing as Craig Varley said "true British classics" are on the way, and the 956XL is a German machine, that it's not on the list?

i do not think they could afford to reuse the old 956 chassis to be honest ,good as it was at the time, they have moved on now, and need to keep pace with the rest, i would guess it will be a new chassis so it can have working steeing rear hitch(new one with luck) and extra detailing

i think its very clever of britain/rc2 if they  release  a 956 , would be a better seller than the ford 5000 possibly. i hope it doesn't make my boxed 956 worth less value.

could we see the return of a JD3350 in years to come :P

Very few were built after the move to Scunthorpe (after ownership was taken over by Theakstons, and later Bentall-Simplex).  They were mainly assembled from parts they acquired with the Marshall business and had come from the previous (long standing) Marshall plant in Gainsborough.  I would regard Scunthorpe as wholly insignificant as far as British tractor production is concerned.

Very few were built after the move to Scunthorpe (after ownership was taken over by Theakstons, and later Bentall-Simplex).  They were mainly assembled from parts they acquired with the Marshall business and had come from the previous (long standing) Marshall plant in Gainsborough.  I would regard Scunthorpe as wholly insignificant as far as British tractor production is concerned.

track marshalls were made at Gainsborough until they stopped production

i think its very clever of britain/rc2 if they  release  a 956 , would be a better seller than the ford 5000 possibly. i hope it doesn't make my boxed 956 worth less value.

could we see the return of a JD3350 in years to come :P

to me it seems like a revamp model of the Ertl tractors like the XL956 and then the JD 3350 MF3050 Nh 8630 and the Fiat GS 240 will they all be coming back >