What machinery did you photograph today?

Niels

Nice variety of hay making tractors and machines Chris...it will be at least another month before I see any hay making up here...but then again there are not a lot of hay making farmers in my area come to think of it.

Nice variety of hay making tractors and machines Chris...it will be at least another month before I see any hay making up here...but then again there are not a lot of hay making farmers in my area come to think of it.

cheers bill. these guys were up the road from the farm today. as you can see by the re-growth in the field, this hay has been down nearly 2 and a half weeks. even in the extreme heat of late it took ages to make, and the day before they were due to bale, it copped a 16mm thunderstorm. then on wednesday it had another 6mm of rain. today as they started baling it had a shower,so they waited another few hours.i do feel for them i must admit.

• 3 weeks later...

Photographed yesterday when the sun was shining, local contractors Pither Agriculture working in the fields above.

Starting with a T6070 (Plus or Elite I couldn't tell) rowing up with a huge 4-rotor Claas Liner 3000:

th_Rakingrowingupsilage.jpgth_Nicepic.jpgth_Raking.jpg

th_Endofrowlift.jpgth_T6070140-150HPPlusorElite55tonnes.jpg

Then I heard the harvester team arrive. There were a pair of New Hollands drawing but I only caught one on camera being loaded as the field was so small (they were done in 20 minutes). FR9050 loading a T7.185 on a 14 tonne kTwo Roadeo:

th_JamieUyssfield.jpgth_Jamiesfield.jpgth_Nicepic3.jpgth_Loading.jpgth_KTwo14tonneor168m3305m3withsilagesides55tunladen.jpgth_NHT7185withKTwoRoadeo1400c.jpg

...a baling/wrapping team, so I drove over and parked at the enterance. They were quite far away and had just about finished, but I think a NH TVT190 (??) pulling a 9000 series big square baler, followed by I think a TS115 operating a McHale 998 wrapper.

NHTVT190or195maybeBB9000seriesbaler.jpg

TS115maybe.jpg

Wrapping2.jpg

Then I had to move because in came the farmer in his Sekura-cabbed 5610, to stack them on the trailer behind his slightly tidier, bubble-cabbed 6610:

561082-934cyl-72hp28t.jpg5610SekuraAllPurposecab.jpg

6610baletrailer.jpg

6610maybe82-934cyl-82hp3tbubbleqcab.jpg

It could have been last summer looking at this week's forecast ::)

Did they let you test drive any Deeres Paul? ;)

fraid not chris,very friendly workshop staff and sales guys,weather same as everybody else,WET,didnt see any tractors working,either on the road or parked up,no field action Edited by paulali

• 2 weeks later...