MarGe Models 2012

AJH

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome model - UH look and learn - loving the fact that they have done something a little different. Hopefully the 8730 photos will appear soon as well as they are due in September. I hope they have changed the interior for these as well as the exterior and have put some decent tyres on that reflect their early 90s vintage - unlike UH...

Thanks for the hyperlink Arik,I already posted the two day's ago,seem's a picture is required,

FORDCounty1884.jpg

This is the tractor Marge took the measurement's from,in the U K we call them County's,in the non English speaking part's of Europe they are called FORD County's,

Regards

Joe.

I guess Marge could be honouring the real tractor first as a tribute to the owner. They then have possibilities of producing a few different versions of the machine with correct more authentic clothes on.

• Like 1

I agree completely with Howard S. Why on earth have Marge Models, a company who I greatly respect as model makers, based their model on a non-original version of the County 1884? I'm sorry but I don't buy into the theory that their initial release is a tribute to the owner of the real tractor. If that was the case, they would have added the non-original weight rack on the front, the Dutch registration plate and the twin flashing beacons on the cab for starters.

Plus, given the cost of such a venture, why would you risk releasing a non-original version of the model just to appease the owner?

No, I'm sorry, but I think it's a shame if this is going to be the final version. The main bonnet decals just don't look right.

RD

100% agree with Rory. only i's a Belgium plate ;D. Ours are yellow/black. MarGe have done some fantastic models but if you are going to spends thousands of euros on making a new model why on EARTH do a complete mock up of some random tractor that doesn't even look like the real thing? :- A massive waste of money and it will cost them a LOT of sales.