Whats your latest general buy 2012?

This should be landing with us at the weekend a deal has been done for it today the guy had it at the road run we were at on Saturday it was up for sale then and dad and I fell in love with it restored very well to this Saturday cantt wait

043-1.jpg

Was it priced better for buyer or seller so to speak? Masseys like that are commanding high prices nowadays in pre-restored condition let alone done as nicely as that!

Lovely background too.

This should be landing with us at the weekend a deal has been done for it today the guy had it at the road run we were at on Saturday it was up for sale then and dad and I fell in love with it restored very well to this Saturday cantt wait

043-1.jpg

I can image you and your dads wallet will be a tab lighter on Saturday Robert...looks a nice one ...not being critical but is that black exhaust correct...I'm no Massey expert but I though originally they were a shade of white on the 135's :huh:

Bought Mrs R tickets to go and see Donny and Marie Osmond.............and then found out that the daughters had also bought tickets as her birthday present..................anyone want to buy any spare tickets?

2 pairs of Dr. Martens black shoes...I must have worn this type of shoe since secondary school where they were the in thing to ware...following the removal of an ingrown big toe nail many years ago I returned to this type of shoe and have worn these wider fitting shoes for work and play 8)

I have been unusually busy lately but have made some rather large purchases in the past week, first I bought a John Deere 420 lawn mower from my bosses, mother in law who passed away a few months ago. She knew I liked the mower and had wanted me to have first dibs at purchasing it after she passed away. This weekend I also finalized a new lease on a 2013 Hyundai Elantra car.

Out of interest Rob did you consider lock- block instead of tar...I know neither are cheap these days....did Nicol of Skene do the job per chance.....they do a great job but I don't think they are the cheapest around but the quality and backup is there :huh:

Out of interest Rob did you consider lock- block instead of tar...I know neither are cheap these days....did Nicol of Skene do the job per chance.....they do a great job but I don't think they are the cheapest around but the quality and backup is there :huh:

We did Bill but our drive is 110m2 so was very pricey for lock block almost double the price of tarring.

We had Seivwright Brothers from Cornhill do it. A very good job done started at 7 finished by lunchtime. really clean job and looks great. Good bunch of lads as well.

I have seen their fleet on the roads around here Rob and yes they look to have a well kept fleet...again I like you tend to use local firms for any work and my first choice would be local and a call to Derek Nicol to see what kind of deal he could do for me...in fact the drive of mine which can hold 5 cars is beginning to break up at the drain at the bottom where all the car and trailer and tractor washing takes place.

I have seen their fleet on the roads around here Rob and yes they look to have a well kept fleet...again I like you tend to use local firms for any work and my first choice would be local and a call to Derek Nicol to see what kind of deal he could do for me...in fact the drive of mine which can hold 5 cars is beginning to break up at the drain at the bottom where all the car and trailer and tractor washing takes place.

We always try and use local as well Alistair did us a good deal and came and measured the job himself.

No drain on the drive all the falls have been corrected and it drains itself.... onto the road.

• 2 weeks later...

junk for my computer... a fancy case being the biggie (when it arrives). stuff from poundland. they seem to have every kind of tape under the sun apart from masking tape! needing it so seal the ends of my comp. entry shed :(

I hear Aldi have rolls tomorrow. me thinks visit is in order!

A new Karcher K6800 with T400 Pation cleaner from Costco at a net cost of £ 159.75. I got a refund on my old one which was just over 4 years old and the pump and motor would not switch off when the water was turned off and continued to "hunt" all the time. This one has a 5 years manufactures warranty and I could not get the box to fit in my boot.

P1020628.jpg

P1020629.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bought myself a new digital camera today. Thought I'd have a go at the new Panasonic DMC-TZ30 that they've been banging on about on the TV ads. Must say, in the hour I've been playing around with it, that the 20x full HD zoom on it is fantastic and the rest of the features puts it up there with some SLR digitals. Not a cheap camera but Panasonic are offering £35 cashback if you register it online sending them a scanned receipt and the barcode on the box as proof of purchase if you do it before the end of July. Take a look at this camera and its features on the Panasonic website, look at the PDF manual for it, this gives you a better idea of the functions and what the camera will do.