What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

was working by a farm in north cornwall today, fairly biggish dairy and arable by the looks of the buildings, sat in the yard as i turned round was 3 jd 7810’s ,  one with a loader,, one with a set of mowers on ,both in good nick, and  one in a slightly poor shape on a big twin axel mixer . sat in a barn on the opposite side of the road was at least 3 poss 4 sg  cabbed jd’s which i couldn't make out model numbers of, and sat in a half full silage pit was a trio of jd 6920’s with smyth trailers on them  and a old jd forager, couldn't see a model number on it ,but it wasn't a new version. pretty sure it was all his kit and the forage team wasn't contractors, they just didn't look well cared for and no names on them anywhere . also caught a glimpse  of the rear end of a jd combine as well  in the barn with the sg cabbers  , but no idea what model,  i think i may be back in a few days depending on something else, so will try and get a few pics if i can.

can see  some big kit on the google earth pic in the yard as well, 

CA348F6F-7889-401D-B169-8460A157EB0F.png

• Like 1

Theres still a few 7810s about in these parts too Sean,  saw one hauling a trailer last week.

I saw a smart rig last week,  JCB8330 pulling a tri axle Krampe dumper, similar to the forthcoming 2 axle model in 1 32 size.

Also on a pre harvest check up to one of the three huge JD user farms in my locality near Kings Lynn I spied 3 x JD9620RX parked and ready to go,  they had bought their second one last year replacing a Quadtrac 580 (I don't approve:angry:) :lol: and now have a third probably due to an increase in land to harvest. Probably 8000+ acres now.  They also had 4 x 690/790 combines and given that Doubledays the JD dealer are 1/2 mile up the road I suspect an X9 might arrive before the season finishes.

23 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Theres still a few 7810s about in these parts too Sean,  saw one hauling a trailer last week.

I saw a smart rig last week,  JCB8330 pulling a tri axle Krampe dumper, similar to the forthcoming 2 axle model in 1 32 size.

Also on a pre harvest check up to one of the three huge JD user farms in my locality near Kings Lynn I spied 3 x JD9620RX parked and ready to go,  they had bought their second one last year replacing a Quadtrac 580 (I don't approve:angry:) :lol: and now have a third probably due to an increase in land to harvest. Probably 8000+ acres now.  They also had 4 x 690/790 combines and given that Doubledays the JD dealer are 1/2 mile up the road I suspect an X9 might arrive before the season finishes.

not seen one for a while now, well in working clothes so to see 3 in one place did stand out.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, weblet375 said:

Saw a fastrac 3185 spraying linseed today. Why do they spray it looked ready to cut.

That’s the case this year, I’ve got crops about ready but there full of secondary growth and lively plants so spraying them off this year (reluctantly) 

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised to see unharvested fields in Suffolk whilst here on holiday.  Yesterday saw a huge Case IH (9240?) with 40' header between Southwold and Beccles at work.

Also saw a parked up Grimme Varitron near Beccles and a Quadtrac near Lowestoft.

I'm working in Meath at the moment and the machinery eco system here is just awesome

Today I saw a Steyr Terrus pulling a Chaser bin, followed by a John Deere combine (T660 I think) passing down the road. Shortly afterwards another T660 and a Lexion 670 passed in convoy. They belonged to Finnegan Farms and I'm pretty sure the first one and the Terrus did too

https://www.finnegansfarm.ie/

Shortly afterwards I met a Lexion 770TT on the same road.

There was a 7930 and a very big Deutz hauling grain all day, and a NH T8050 with a MF (Hesston) big baler passed as well. There was a silage outfit which passed in the other direction with a Green Eye Jag and a mixed fleet of tractors and trailers behind it.

Numerous Newfies, from a very tidy TS115 to a T7.235, and Masseys from a 5480 to a 7720S with a Rolland trailer.

I think I need to start taking photos

Just looking at the Finnegans Farm website I see this picture

If I am correct, this is a very unique tractor.

It is the only reverse drive tractor John Deere ever built

There is a reason why they never built a second one, and why the original owner went back to Fendt 900s very quickly

DSC_0016.jpg

Edited by SPN

18 minutes ago, SPN said:

Just looking at the Finnegans Farm website I see this picture

If I am correct, this is a very unique tractor.

It is the only reverse drive tractor John Deere ever built

There is a reason why they never built a second one, and why the original owner went back to Fendt 900s very quickly

DSC_0016.jpg

i recon i can spot that reason as well stan, seems they never got the seat to turn, that drivers facing forwards:ph34r::D. how do you tell its a reverse drive then ??

On friday a T7.230 passed the gate followed by a CX840 and CX860

In the opposite direction went a CASE 2388 and International 1660

The big Deutz is an L720

Other highlights included an 8345r w BB9090 baler, a 7720S, a 5460, and a very rough Zetor Forterra hauling round bales of hay.

Edited by SPN

saw my first field of maize getting cut today on the way back from north devon, just outside  torrington , a fendt katana  , with 3 valtra behind all with some big trailers,  no idea what brand though, had just started to open it out,as  they were running along the top end of the field to the road i was on 

46 minutes ago, robbo said:

It would appear that you have deleted the images already Joe

Yes,just noticed that earlier but was in a bit of a quandary,Do I re-post them before or after the post has been moved,what should I do,??

Regards

Joe. 

10 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Yes,just noticed that earlier but was in a bit of a quandary,Do I re-post them before or after the post has been moved,what should I do,??

Regards

Joe. 

Repost them in the correct category and I will delete the earlier post

8345R passed by again today with an 8 furrow Gregoire Besson on't back

Saw a few nice 4 cylinder CASE with Broughan silage trailers. Reckon they were chasing a maize harvester somewhere nearby,

There's a self propelled potato harvester working ten minutes away with a 7710, two 7530s and a 6**0R drawing away from it.

I really am missing a trick here, not taking pictures.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

went past a field today out the back of castle cary which had 3 jd’s with bailey trailers sat waiting on a class lexion 750 tera trac fitted with a big maize header, not seen a combine doing maize for a long time now, made a nice change to the jags tearing around .

after yesterdays class spot, this morn i had to stop after i came across  the tail of a 70 plate jd t690 ,on tracks, getting into a field, in the gateway opposite was 4 jd vans,1 transit and 3 pickups and a kemper van, seems this was a demo, as when i came back she was sat near the gateway, big maize header on, and a lot of people wandering round it . didnt seem to have cut much mind. seems up somerset way they are heading back towards combines for maize harvest .

On 10/16/2020 at 6:21 PM, Tractorman810 said:

after yesterdays class spot, this morn i had to stop after i came across  the tail of a 70 plate jd t690 ,on tracks, getting into a field, in the gateway opposite was 4 jd vans,1 transit and 3 pickups and a kemper van, seems this was a demo, as when i came back she was sat near the gateway, big maize header on, and a lot of people wandering round it . didnt seem to have cut much mind. seems up somerset way they are heading back towards combines for maize harvest .

Remember when Britains started making JD models, they also brought out a JD repair van for added authenticity

That's what you saw today. Buy a combine, get a fleet of repair vans free.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There was a lot of silage activity going on yesterday, passed a Claas Jaguar and also spotted some older tractors carting including an NH 8360 and an MF 6290.

Also saw a very odd little tractor parked in a field, it looked like something that would have worker on a fruit farm, but only saw it off the bus.  Was painted yellow.