What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

9 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

I’ve seen a 7s on a strautmann forage box in north cornwall in summer, and couple 5s’ here but not spotted any of the 8s. Not popular here at all 

Alan Snow or what ever their new name is , in launceston had them in , was one there the other day .  But mostly 6’s and 7’s in  there  with a lot of 5’s , if its who i think it was they were running a big nh 7??  And a fendt 824 . Thought i saw them parked up on the way up but it was a fleeting view as i was foot down heading north 😆😆

• Like 1

Quiet possibility the largest tractor I've ever seen drive past my house today as I was out in the garden having a kick around with my youngest daughter. Even she dropped the football in awe... 😂. A Fendt 900?? Vario MT tracked machine with a large trailed Kuhn Performer behind it.  Certainly not a local machine and where it was heading... If no idea. Possibly a demo machine from Atkins.  

• Like 2

On 2/25/2023 at 4:24 PM, justy 46 said:

Quiet possibility the largest tractor I've ever seen drive past my house today as I was out in the garden having a kick around with my youngest daughter. Even she dropped the football in awe... 😂. A Fendt 900?? Vario MT tracked machine with a large trailed Kuhn Performer behind it.  Certainly not a local machine and where it was heading... If no idea. Possibly a demo machine from Atkins.  

justin

john kelleher in mallow side owns that

also has a fendt sp sprayer on the go

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I passed a lorry on the M6 this afternoon with an interesting cargo. Front was an MF148 four wheel drive, the back was an MF135 narrow/vineyard model and in the middle was a mint Marshall 100. Couldn't get pics as I was driving but looked to have been on their way home after a show somewhere 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, robbo said:

I passed a lorry on the M6 this afternoon with an interesting cargo. Front was an MF148 four wheel drive, the back was an MF135 narrow/vineyard model and in the middle was a mint Marshall 100. Couldn't get pics as I was driving but looked to have been on their way home after a show somewhere 

They took part in the National Vintage Tractor Road Run held around Stranraer this year. :) 

• Like 1

Seen  the first of the new 7S Massey's this past week, a 180 on duals with a Kongschilde cultivator working by the road and today the first new MF hire tractor for G's pulling a fuel bowser, a 7S.155 and as usual it looks much better out on the road than a picture on a brochure or online.

I now have heard that the MF 7S I saw on Thursday was another 180 machine, this is because Pretoria Energy had just received 2 new ones this week with another 6 to follow!!  Not sure what got replaced as they have 10 x 8700s & 10 x 7719S plus a number of older New Hollands.  Its only a few years since MF were hardly selling anything locally, now we have Pretoria with 25+ and Gs about to take 30-40 on hire and some purchased😎

Part of Gs fleet pictured at Kennet branch.

P1090978.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Early to be knocking grass..,, 

Was planted in October post maize. Was going to put back into maize after cutting but I don’t think they are now. They’ll cut it for the second time when everything else is on its 1st. Only about 40 acres anyway iirc 

• Like 1

Last week went up to Scotland to vist wife’s family.so lots of tractor spotting going on,saw a new jd with a Kuhn power harrow ,drill combi.near Stirling,near Perth a couple of jds with Lemkin power harrow,drill combis.two jds near Elgin with grimme de stoners.a jd with a power harrow drill combi outside Elgin.jd rolling ,a new Holland rolling ,a fendt spraying near Ellon with a horsch leeb sprayer,a Bateman sprayer coming out of Elgin,a Houseman sprayer near Keith,a new Holland with cultivator going past were we staying ,a fendt two the day before ,new Holland and a Massey ferti spreading,two new Massey s range drilling near crofts of dipple,one with a horsch pronto drill,other lemkin power harrow ,combi.jd 7810 rolling two,jd R series ploughing out side Elgin,jd self propelled sprayer going near Buckie.also some Valtras  muck spreading near Keith too.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

A surprise interloper on my patch on Saturday, a metallic grey New Holland T7.270 pulling a trailer full of potato boxes. No idea where that came from or where it was heading.

I am sure i saw that Friday morning parked in one of the BP garages on the 142 road as i made my way up to Cheffins , had to keep eyes on road but it had trailer load of potato boxes behind  it , as i went around the roundabout the garages was on my left   

Quite a few new tractors springing up on my patch this past month. A few new Fendt 724s, JD 6R 145,185,215s & MF 7s 180s. Also green & black Valtra Ts on white rims and a blue one with black rims! Plus a couple of Case Pumas and a yard full of NH T7210s going out on hire locally.

Edited by phil phoenix

• 2 weeks later...

Claas arion 660 23 plate with claas 4 rotor rake. 
Claas jaguar 970 40000 edition 

john Deere 6r 215, 6r185 and rolland trailer. 6r 185 on a bailey trailer. Fendt 828 on a Richard western. Massey 7618 on a Richard western. 

Many many more fendts / cases but can’t count them all 😂

Edited by Jack390
  • Like 1

on Thursday,saw a claas jag ,newish,chopping near seend,Wiltshire. 3 jd 6Rs and RWestern trailers carting and a jd raking with 4 rotor claas rake.also neighbours,new 6000ltr knight trailed sprayer going past ,when I was spraying our oilseed rape last wk.

• Like 2

Fendt 939 and bunning spreader on the digestate being loaded by jcb 418s in the field. New Holland t7 225 blue power 3500g nc , fendt 724 on same type of tanker. Case puma 185 ploughing, in the field opposite, jaguar 970 cutting rye, fendt 724x2 carting with heron and Richard western trailers , John Deere 6215r with Richard western trailer. Jcb 542-70 on the header trolley. Bit of a long list, all working on the same farm.