What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

A nice sight this evening - New Holland 8870A and 8970A both ploughing in the same field - belonging to a contractor who runs a lot of older NH/Fords and a few 10 series JD's to boot.

If I wasn't laid up at the moment, I reckon i'd be dashing over to see these tractors with my camera. :D Huge fan of the 70 series, i've 3 lined up to take photographs of over the course of this summer all being well. :)

sorry to hear your laid up mate - I agree they are great tractors, I have managed a few photos in the past, though the 8870 (52 plate) was late in the evening in awful light.  I was mainly out for trying to lose some weight, had the film camera with me but the field they were in had a glorious high hedge around it which made photos tricky.  They must have put in a fair day though - I saw them heading out at 7am this morning, and it was after 9 when they went back through the town.

6 minutes ago, CX820Joe said:

sorry to hear your laid up mate - I agree they are great tractors, I have managed a few photos in the past, though the 8870 (52 plate) was late in the evening in awful light.  I was mainly out for trying to lose some weight, had the film camera with me but the field they were in had a glorious high hedge around it which made photos tricky.  They must have put in a fair day though - I saw them heading out at 7am this morning, and it was after 9 when they went back through the town.

Hoping to be out and about again soon mate, but don't want to rush things. I've all summer to look forward to and can't complain with the trips I've had out so far this year with my camera. They're certainly a pair of tractors i'd love to see working together. I enjoy finding tractors from that era, especially big rigids like the old style Case IH Magnums, and John Deere 8000 series that were around at the same time as the 70 series. Photographed an immaculate 2000 hour 8870 just prior to my trip to hospital. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JD 6330 with JD 1360 mower ,JD 6910 with 1360 mower (brother using that one), NH T7050 with Pottinger trailed tedder (10 rotors +), 2x NH T6080s with Broughan silage trailers, JD 6830 WITH Broughan silage trailer, NH TS135A with Hardi trailed sprayer, Ford 6610 AP cab Gen 2 with Tanco loader , NH TM135 with Abbey 2250 gal tanker ,,

• Like 1

On our trip up to Scotland .old ford 6600 on drum mower.jd on claas 4 rotor rake.near Preston  a jag 980 and some Jo's cartin with Bailey trailers,may be Wilson farmings silage team.new Holland spraying,front rear tanks.3jds destoning , 2 new Hollands planting potatoes.

Recon it would of Jack.well went on a trip to vist wj.and j.green  near garmouth .morayshire.

a 1234 ha farm,with a pedigree Simmental herd and a indoor pig unit.a new fendt 516 with loader in the yard,had a drive of it,never driven a fendt,like floating on air,nice tractor,around the corner was a new Holland for 9050 forager ,a fendt 939 on krone triple mowers.a15.3m set of dali-bo rolls ,a fendt 939 on a lemkin 6m power Harrow drill combi.they have 5 jcb loaders.a houseman Merlin sprayer.a new Holland cr 9080 combine,cx 8080 combine 3 Stewart grain silage trailers. And a load of artic lorrys in the yard too for there haulage firm.

• 4 months later...

On driving by a fairly local farm this afternoon I was delighted to see that a new arrival was yoked to a 6metre Lemken solitaire trailed drill...........

taking the place of the farms 3 yr old New Holland T7.270 Blue Power  was a shiny new CASE Puma  240cvx :)

A smashing looking tractor with its snazzy new roof and especially welcome as the rest of the farms fleet are now boring Fendt 700zzzzzzzzzzz

Fendt are now doing what JD did in the 90s with their 10 series...................taking over>:(..................I really hate it when one brand dominates on all the best farms!!    Time for farmers to buy More red and blue tractors:laugh:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Over the top of a wall on a road I could just make out a nh t8 blue power on rear trax coupled to a kv six furrow semi mounted plough I guess as its on trax,given me an idea for when the marge one arrives,only ever seen one other of those t8's before locally in normal blue

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last wk up visting wife's family nr Elgin moray .scotland.well saw its of tractors,here go,s  

jd 7310r on grimme six row potatoe planter,in same feild jd 7290r on bed tiller.jd on lemkin type cultivator all near Kinloss.

jd 6320 on grimme destoner,jd 7530 on simba cultipress in front of jd 61r on amazone drill ,fendt rollin in distance one fendt 900 something on 6m lemkin ph drill combi,s.wifes dad set up a vist to Graham Rhind ,contracting out fit,road in one of two fendt 936 black beauty's with 6m ph drill lemkin combi's .top bloke ,nice kit .

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, MadMark said:

Challenger mt7### with Vaderstad drill, MF 6### and Chafer sprayer, New Holland T7.270 power harrowing and something you wouldn't normally see in the centre of Cambridge a Challenger Rorgator

I now someone that regularly drives a quadtrac though Cambridge down the road where the shopping centres are and along the bit where all the cars are for sale I think the farmers name that my friend works for is Banks  

a load of jds out spud planting on the way back from bodmin, and also parked up , a late yellow blue decaled , imaculate example of a nh tm190 on huge rims and  tyres all round, not floats  , just big  ,looked a bit weird  but also nice if that makes sense  , also local contractors howtons mf 8480 with 7 furrow kv plough parked up in mcdonald's ,taking half the carpark and getting some looks from the chavs in the corsas 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...