What did you see today that made you laugh?

8 hours ago, SPN said:

The scientists have identified the circumstances where bovines are bad for the environment and where they are good for the environment.

As Greta said to Parliament, we need to listen to the scientists and do what they say.

The problem is that the wilder and more vocal elements have now got it in their head that bovines are bad. That is leading to farmers and,particularly stock farmers, being vilified for their way of life/job just because they keep farting cows. I fully understand that some of the intensive feedlots in the USA are producing more gases than they should be doing and, they have no way to counteract that but, keeping cows on grass and in the open is net zero for Carbon as the grass absorbs and captures far more than the cows produce.

Many years ago there were 60 million Bison roaming the plains of the USA and CO2 and Methane levels were less than they are now. The reduction in animal levels has also meant that many of these plains have been ploughed up for crops thus releasing Carbon into the atmosphere. 

The whole Climate Change discussion is far more complicated than Greta would have us believe and, I agree, we should listen to the scientists even though not all of them agree with each other. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SPN said:

The scientists have identified the circumstances where bovines are bad for the environment and where they are good for the environment.

As Greta said to Parliament, we need to listen to the scientists and do what they say.

So do we reduce our beef herds here and allow the Brazilian farmers produce more in our place resulting in them destroying more rainforest for grazing land for beef production.... Because that is exactly what is happening..... 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, robbo said:

The problem is that the wilder and more vocal elements have now got it in their head that bovines are bad. That is leading to farmers and,particularly stock farmers, being vilified for their way of life/job just because they keep farting cows. I fully understand that some of the intensive feedlots in the USA are producing more gases than they should be doing and, they have no way to counteract that but, keeping cows on grass and in the open is net zero for Carbon as the grass absorbs and captures far more than the cows produce.

Many years ago there were 60 million Bison roaming the plains of the USA and CO2 and Methane levels were less than they are now. The reduction in animal levels has also meant that many of these plains have been ploughed up for crops thus releasing Carbon into the atmosphere. 

The whole Climate Change discussion is far more complicated than Greta would have us believe and, I agree, we should listen to the scientists even though not all of them agree with each other. 

Bovines are bad. One dairy cow causes as much warming in a year as burning 4,000 litres of diesel. That's a problem we have to find a solution to. The alternative doesn't ber thinking about.

I'm not aware of any scientists (with expertise in the area) who disagree with the consensus, including scientists in the US military who are warning the US Government that there is a huge problem imminent.

I was on a zoom call with a senior climate scientist from the UK last year and he told us that he met Greta when she was 15 and he was really impressed with her in depth knowledge of the subject and the way she challenged him on the detail.

3 hours ago, SPN said:

Bovines are bad. One dairy cow causes as much warming in a year as burning 4,000 litres of diesel. That's a problem we have to find a solution to. The alternative doesn't ber thinking about.

I'm not aware of any scientists (with expertise in the area) who disagree with the consensus, including scientists in the US military who are warning the US Government that there is a huge problem imminent.

I was on a zoom call with a senior climate scientist from the UK last year and he told us that he met Greta when she was 15 and he was really impressed with her in depth knowledge of the subject and the way she challenged him on the detail.

Do you really believe that? Google for Frank Mitloehner. He´s a wellknown scientist from UC Davis. Here´s a presentation from him that puts a different light on bovine emissions: 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, justy 46 said:

The topic is what made u laugh..  Gretta makes me laugh. To think a living animals sh*t can threaten the worlds climate is just insane.. 

A living animal = Humans

That living animals sh*t = plastic pollution, fossil fuel emissions etc.

🙃🤪

34 minutes ago, Barry said:

A living animal = Humans

That living animals sh*t = plastic pollution, fossil fuel emissions etc.

🙃🤪

Thing is we are the most sustainable producers off quality food, both Ireland and UK... If we cut back on beef, dairy etc.  It will only be produced elsewhere to fill the vacuum. The world's population is growing. We need food... Plain and simple. Our developed farming lands have been feeding us all for centuries.  Why let other countries like Brazil, Argentina etc take our farming industry to encourage more land reclaiming for farming in there countries which involves rainforests in particular being destroyed. There is too much finger pointing at farmers off late in regard to climate change by climate activists(Greta in particular who is only kid) media and politicians. Its becoming a hot topic in Ireland at present and for once a few politicians are speaking out and seeing it from the farmers perspective.  Dairy and beef is certainly one off Irelands greatest exports and rural Ireland depends on it to survive. 

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

a big Tesla car 1/2 way out of a fairly level drive silently sitting there with one rear wheel spinning on the ice, making zero progress, the other 3 wheels on cleared tarmac..... I thought they were 4 wheel drive.....

I watched an Irish guy's appraisal on his youtube channel ( that also test drove the 770hp SCANIA truck last year) of a few electric cars and came to the same conclusion I 've had for years, they are NOT the answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, NIGEL FORD said:

a big Tesla car 1/2 way out of a fairly level drive silently sitting there with one rear wheel spinning on the ice, making zero progress, the other 3 wheels on cleared tarmac..... I thought they were 4 wheel drive.....

I watched an Irish guy's appraisal on his youtube channel ( that also test drove the 770hp SCANIA truck last year) of a few electric cars and came to the same conclusion I 've had for years, they are NOT the answer.

What ever about Teslas... Its Musk himself I can't stand... His almost like an up and coming evil Bond villan that whsts to take over the world..!! @🤣 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

‘Some would class a 7530  as a vintage tractor ‘😂nice little dig at a certain YouTuber. Still think he should go and help him restore one , would make good content 😂

Edited by Jack390
Additional information

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 3:49 PM, justy 46 said:

I would like to take a trip to North Wales some fine day. Especially to the Mach Loop.. Lots off serious machines around that part off the country apperantly ...😁

Screenshot_20230330_154039.jpg

on my bucket list to spend a day there, i did have a pair of puma helicopters come out of the mist on me at about 150ft recently, as they followed the A38 heading west, best bit was the speed camera van  sat there as well as they went over

• Like 1