What did you see today that made you laugh?

he has a farm shop on his farm ,not exactly sure but i think he opened it to p### of the local council ,he was going to call it diddly swat (i think) as he only allowed to sell things from his own farm but i think he found a loophole to sell other things:) 

• 1 month later...

had the grandkids on face time tonight, chatting away and the youngest was telling us how shes been learning about fire and what to do at school, all the normal stuff, so proceeds to ask us what we would grab first to take with us as we escape. usual stuff for me, my tractors and then the wife, ask her what she would do, and she turns round without any thinking and replies, not my sister or mummy ,just my i pad and the electricity ? :D:D 

what goes through a 5 year olds head  

• Like 2

When you clearly tell someone not to park on the grass its wet and soft even in the summer theres a spring that bubbles up there  , park in the bus stop. Taken an hr ago , still there now  as despite telling them how to tow it off they are panicking now and want the police to stop the traffic and a recovery truck, as a tow rope between two fitted trailer hitches isn't safe, oh the youth of today 

BCC43B45-55D9-46A3-A263-E37D739101AC.jpeg

799E91ED-617D-42D9-B25F-95D2C6A7575E.jpeg

23278BEF-1206-426C-9090-9EEF312256B2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, smithy said:

I pulled a big sprinter van with a 3 axle trailer on the back of it the other day in the snow with just a plain standard bit of rope 

yeah, our blue stuffs rated at about 5 ton ,so well safe to use , but they wouldn't,to scared or just looking to do nothing, who knows  they eventually got pulled out,  by a recovery truck 3 hours later . even he was taking the mick saying they would have been fine on the rope, but as he said easy 250 quid for him .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They probably wanted abit off time off or else they are just a few city boys that are not familiar with how us country boys sort out things like that....abit horsepower and rope !!  I'm sure their boss would not be impressed that arsed around for half the day.

15 hours ago, justy 46 said:

They probably wanted abit off time off or else they are just a few city boys that are not familiar with how us country boys sort out things like that....abit horsepower and rope !!  I'm sure their boss would not be impressed that arsed around for half the day.

He isnt happy as the jobs now well behind, i was just sat waiting for them as despite offering to do it they wouldn't let me , whole worlds gone over the top now with safety , i would never put anyone or thing in a position that isn't safe, but these kids now , just don't think out if the box to find a solution , they follow the book to the letter .  Gonna be interesting on this big 4 million roadworks scheme they are doing , poor soles will be wanting a carer with them all the stuff moving around , 100% sure at least half will say its not safe and refuse  to go onsite , me i tried to have a go on the big black deutz warrior onsite this morning , driver was having none of it :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

He isnt happy as the jobs now well behind, i was just sat waiting for them as despite offering to do it they wouldn't let me , whole worlds gone over the top now with safety , i would never put anyone or thing in a position that isn't safe, but these kids now , just don't think out if the box to find a solution , they follow the book to the letter .  Gonna be interesting on this big 4 million roadworks scheme they are doing , poor soles will be wanting a carer with them all the stuff moving around , 100% sure at least half will say its not safe and refuse  to go onsite , me i tried to have a go on the big black deutz warrior onsite this morning , driver was having none of it :( 

I'm sure if they were on their way home in their car and they put it off the road they wouldn't turn down a pull out then Sean...

3 hours ago, 844john said:

I'm sure if they were on their way home in their car and they put it off the road they wouldn't turn down a pull out then Sean...

no , they would jump at it, apparently we have had another one today ,who's somehow managed to get up onto a grass bank, which has in turn collapsed on one side with the weight of the van, meaning the vans gone through a wall into the garden,  luckliy  its stayed upright, , but its another recovery truck to drag it back up over the bank ,plus the wall to sort, and garden trashed behind it. shes already pleading shes upset and traumatised by it aparently, prob as a get out of trouble attempt 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, robbo said:

This parcel that came this morning, I don't think I have ever seen quite so many stamps on one box especially considering that the sender is in Somerset 

20210218_140014.jpg

Round of applause to the Royal Mail for getting it to you with no address on aswell......fair play, they did extremely well for you there. :P

• Haha 1

looking at them stamps as they have 41p on some and 37p and a 13p one ,not sure on up to date stamps but that could be a collection that has been broken up as stamps that was bought years ago can still be used and adding up them penny's come to the price of sending the parcel .If the stamps had 1st or 2nd on them and was bought a few years back they are still 1st or 2nd class today allow the price has gone up . I have every stamp that came out from about 1973 up till about 2005 in a collection all in mint condition i was going to sell them a few years back as not interested in them no more ,only got them as we used to run a post office on the farm together with a shop and it seemed like a good idea at the time anyway auctioneers put a value of about £4000 on them but as stamp collecting was not in fashion these days i would be lucky to get £750 and the buyer would only break the set up and use them ,now £4000 would have got me a few more tractor models (as long as the wife did not now:D) i decided to keep them as i thought for £750 i might as well use them myself anyway collection is still complete and in one of my cupboards       

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had to chuckle at this ,inside the big delivery bag was a smaller white bag ,inside the white bag there was a clear plastic bag ,inside the clear plastic bag was a small white box ,inside the box was the part i ordered for my mates yellow David Brown ,a new Glow -Plug . no wonder we have a waste problem with all this unnecessary packaging  

IMG_20210317_151834.jpg

IMG_20210317_151848.jpg

IMG_20210317_151919.jpg

IMG_20210317_151933.jpg

IMG_20210317_151953.jpg

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Gav836 said:

You can definitely tell the tourists are back out in Devon again. Down there for work at the minute but coming back before the madness at the weekend 

They have been since then 12th was it(last lockdown bit)  mate , it literally went nuts over night, some must  have left at midnight to be here when they were , 7.30 in the  morn outside the park entrance  

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:36 PM, justy 46 said:

This guy is hilarious. His from the North Cork area. Should check out his other vids fir a laugh. 

Yes there very funny lads I know them big into Toyota Corolla twincams 

• 3 weeks later...