Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

have about 150acres of wheat done, yeilds are good so far, new claas combine not as good 6 call out so far in different problem now they dont know what making a very bad sound and have to keep going until it breaks!!!!!!!!!!! is what they said

The weather has put a stop to things for the time being around here, very wet and miserable around here just at the moment. I know one large local grower was still cutting O.S.R. at midnight last evening trying to get it all in before the weather turned. That said I have photographs to share of another ten combines of varying ages and makes from my travels last week along with a whole lot more besides them.

they are going for it down here to, given the forcast, went past 3 jd ?? working away in one field on the main road serviced by a pair of jd?? and big redrock trailers ,looks like they had cut 4 surrounding fileds today, as they were standing when i went down

Graham that trailer looks like its's in a different post code! Big 'ol combine! Nice pics lately chaps, peeing down here again but a lot has been cleared when people have taken the chance. A long way to go yet though.

• Like 1

the trailer was not matched to combine but the grain was dry and he was only 200yards from feild gate to barn where he was tipping they run two stewarts normally ,but they was to big to tip in shed so that done nicely tris,try and get some more pics of them they have a big lexion as well ,nearly 6,000 acres in total spread over about 35miles .

I did see a mitsubishi L200 pick up truck today on a road towing a claas header probably for a biggish lexion or tucano,I thought doing that was illegal wasn't it?

hope not jamie,last year apart from towing our claas lexion header by tractor i have also towed the header with a landrover

I did see a mitsubishi L200 pick up truck today on a road towing a claas header probably for a biggish lexion or tucano,I thought doing that was illegal wasn't it?

I believe so on weight and breaking regs. I found this out AFTER towing a 30ft Lexion header with a Land Rover 110, without knowing the legalities at the time I knew I took it by the seat of my pants. It scared the crap out of me. No trailer breaks and it was the dolly type trailer too. For anyone that knows the route from Frome to Shaftesbury and on to Bere Regis I'm sure I need not explain!! Couldn't go over 30mph as it would just snake.

Unless the header trailer has hyd. brakes fitted even towing it behind a tractor is illegal, if its towed by a combine its perfectly ok as it goes as a trailed appliance but when put behind a tractor it becomes a trailer and subject to the usual rules for them. Information obtained from an ex traffic officer who is a well known authority on the subject.

my dad got among wheat today, got rape finnished 2 weeks ago, mad rush to get mopped up as farm has been sold and machinery sale is 2nd week in sept so must get finnished, rain due for next 3 days thoe

how come they sold up mike?? what will your dad do now