Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

A couple of FTF members will have seen this set on my display at the Gretna show.... although power then being provided by a different shade of Blue ;)

Ready for the 2013 single chop season.... hitched up to Andy's Tarrup and a UH  air conned 7000 :laugh:  :laugh:  

IMG_0703_zpsaa0a26bb.jpg

IMG_0704_zps89951bb0.jpg

IMG_0705_zps3158f9a8.jpg

• Like 2

A couple more of Andy @ Classic's trailers, Autodrop silage trailers, from days gone by before hydraulic tippers ;) and again a couple of you will have seen one of these being trailed behind Andy's  Rotoflail at Gretna :)

IMG_0714_zps0af3ebbf.jpg

IMG_0715_zpsc67e52a4.jpg

IMG_0716_zps841f336b.jpg

IMG_0717_zps1a5406d4.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

The Autodrops weren't really on my to buy list until.......

..... after a chat with Andy about part time Classic Tractor columist and full time farmer Jim Fisher, who had unearthed a rusting relic of a Hayter Silorator, and after a rummage through my brochure collection found some info on the said machine, which was sent on to help with the restoration, but also listed in the brochure was the matching trailer, hence the trailers appeared and the Silorator harvester should follow when Andy's time allows. 

The full size machine (now fully restored) was in action at the single chop world record attempt last year in the history of silage making display, and at Newton Rigg Ag college open day last summer. A bit of a rare beast but alive and kicking thanks to Jim's hard work ;)

The trailers are totally mechanical, a simple lift bar unlatches the tailgate and gravity does the rest, early ones built with war surplus axles and wheels and tyres, later ones built up with more common trailer wheels. 

Funny how a bit of scrap found in an outbarn can lead to me buying two models! :laugh:  :laugh:  

• Like 1

Now on to a "dual purpose" Doe 2 leg mole plough, again one of Andy's creations and shown hitched up to a DBP  County 1004, Doe offered their 2 leg subsoiler with mole points and expanders, so one was deemed fit to join the Subsoiler and 7 tine cultivator that already call the Valley "home" ;)

IMG_0730_zps5d1c0b76.jpg

IMG_0732_zps0f4d9330.jpg

it features adjustable depth wheels and individual bolted on expanders...

IMG_0731_zpsc74f6151.jpg

IMG_0733_zps84e28348.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

..... now on to the 2nd use of the Doe mole plough, Andy made the frame to accept a third leg, and also the outer two removeable, and created a "Special 3rd leg" with an attachment for the mole ploughing in of water pipe, cable etc, and adapted the leg to carry a 3 foot diameter drum of whatever you wanted to plough in ;)

IMG_0734_zps412c4735.jpg

IMG_0736_zps6ba187d7.jpg

IMG_0737_zps283cee7d.jpg

IMG_0738_zps8c647092.jpg

• Like 5

..... a couple more pics and one hitched up to a UH based deluxe cabbed 5000 convo, ready to go and spread a bit of muck ;)

Lee (Muirhillybilly) i bet you'd love to get your hands on one of these to put your skills into like your County/Krone combo :laugh:  :laugh:

Complete with a full set of chains and flail weights ;)

IMG_0721_zpsc1f38136.jpg

IMG_0723_zps86925c9e.jpg

• Like 3

Incredible, Andy is a genius and the level of detail is staggering (and on that County too, another DBP?). Cheers Phil your collection is brilliant!

You hit the nail on the head there Lee, yep Andy sure knows his stuff, 8)  County is a DBP. Glad you like the collection, there is still a little bit more to come though ;)

This collection just gets better & better!!! The Howard dung spreader is fantastic. Such great detail & it looks well behind the 5000. ;)

Cheers Justin :) .... there still a handful  sorry armful of projects to get finished then i'll post them up too ;)  ;) ...... mmmm that reminds me i've still those missing in storage tractors to try and find yet as well!!! :laugh:

Just keep the pics rolling Paul.!! ;D  They are always a real treat to look at. ;)  Anymore headway on the 4600? 

Cheers Justin :) .... there still a handful  sorry armful of projects to get finished then i'll post them up too ;)  ;) ...... mmmm that reminds me i've still those missing in storage tractors to try and find yet as well!!! :laugh:

Just keep the pics rolling Paul.!! ;D  They are always a real treat to look at. ;)  Anymore headway on the 4600? 

Cheers Justin, i'll keep posting them up :), The 4600 not much further on though, but I'm almost there with 2 of my other "Blue" projects...... get those finished off and then there be a bit more room on the old workbench :laugh:  :laugh:

Onward to another tractor.....  a UH Ford Force 5000 with a bit of something different about it....... ::)  ::)

IMG_0740_zpsd7c96040.jpg

IMG_0739_zps68f66049.jpg

..... so it looks like a Force 5000...... or so it says on the tin ;)

IMG_0744_zpsf766e8c5.jpg

....... but there's a turbo off a 7000 lurking beneath that bonnet :)

IMG_0743_zps18853c27.jpg

Built as something abit different, with the super deluxe seat, and turbo, still might add big boots and put it to work on a buckrake :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by Valley Axe Man

hi Paul like what you have done. why the extra long exhaust?

Thanks David, :)  the Exhaust a bit long as the manifold a bit taller than on the standard 5000.... but i've just shortened it down now and looks abit better though the more i look at it, the more i'm tempted by a straight pipe and the bigger boots :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Now back to another of the collections Weeks trailers.... 

An industrial version this time by Andy at Classic, single line hydraulic brakes, hand brake, springs , lights and mudflaps........ as you may have seen i've a bit of a soft spot for Weeks trailers ;)....... the collection stands at 10 at the momment, and no 2 are identical.....

IMG_0724_zpsc99c7843.jpg

IMG_0725_zpsc29959b5.jpg

IMG_0726_zps4166b411.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

A close up of the under body and axle... the only trailer in the weeks collection so far to have the hydraulic brakes and sprung axle. this one specced to the full :) ...... plus one on duty with the loader equipped Leyland 384 :)......... makes me wonder about a yellow 4000 to create a tractor/trailer combo that would be in local council use ::)

IMG_0727_zps6831bb96.jpg

IMG_0728_zps4a72be65.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

Thanks David, :)  the Exhaust a bit long as the manifold a bit taller than on the standard 5000.... but i've just shortened it down now and looks abit better though the more i look at it, the more i'm tempted by a straight pipe and the bigger boots :)

yeah a stainless steel type straight  exhaust does sound good, in more ways than one. :) . what about making it in to a pulling type machine if you wanna put bigger boots on it

• Like 2

Could do David..... i have pondered building a Major or 5000 based tractor puller in the past ::) ..... guess it's something else to add to the pile on the workbench :laugh:  :laugh:

After a small tweek or 2 the turbo'd 5000 now with pre cleaner off a 7600, and 7000 exhaust and wheels and tyres ;)

IMG_0752_zps5a0ce532.jpg

IMG_0753_zps6a039491.jpg

IMG_0754_zps9aca99c5.jpg

• Like 3

now that looks a beast paul top job

Cheers John, Glad you like it, though it not based on a real machine or owt, just cobbled together out of a redundant 5000 and parts leftovers, bit like a farmers son would do when he wanted a bit more power to try and keep up with the bigger tractors at silo time ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

..... though after a bit of thought, a trip down to Wilkies would see all the info i'd need to build a major based puller ::)  ;)

• Like 1