Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

....... and now the 6Y trilogy..... the 7000 and previously posted 5000 and 4000, All thats missing is a 3000 and a 2000......... mmmmm that makes me think a couple of dexta chassis could be useful ::)  ;)

IMG_0549_zps12dadeb2.jpg

IMG_0548_zps2a4d5830.jpg

IMG_0550_zps5036e6b4.jpg

....... I'm also hoping to post a similar line up of 7600, 6600, and 4600, when i get the 66 and 46 finished :laugh:

• Like 1

Given Kenny and Shirley are moving to a larger hall in Gretna this year Paul are you planning coming up with your models in a 7.5 tonner ;D   ;D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  Well perhaps if i was to bring the full collection Bill..... a bit more transport capacity could have been useful, thinking of taking a selection of items rather than the whole nine yards..... Poppy orange might be a bit of a feature........ ;)

So far the collection is home to the following County's

RJN P50 crawler (super major based)

UH Super 4 (super major based)

UH Super 4 (New performance based)

UH 654        (pre-force)

UH 654       (Pre-force  Weathered)

UH 754       (Force)

DBP  754 with blade in yellow      (on hire to the collection) (force)

DBP  954 with Duncan cab in yellow (pre-force)

DBP 1004 blue   (pre force)

DBP 1124 blue (force)

DBP 1124 yellow (force)

And after a chat to a likeminded collector........ there could be another addition coming soon ;)

I'm liking the sound of Leyland's and Andy's implements 8)

It's been a while since the Leylands and Nuffields were displayed Bill, so thought it'll be a bit of something different :)

The big question will be if i can hire mum's JCB for the day...... having the Nuffield skid under it, it sort of fits in grand :)

Absolutely loving your V8 E27N conversion which has reminded me of this tractor I have photographs of lurking in my archives.....................fancy having a go at building this sometime in the future Paul?

My Dad photographed this tractor at a vintage rally at Murton near York many moons ago, probably 1988. I'm not sure of the history of the tractor, but I do know it reappeared at the Fordson 500 event in 1996 having undergone an overhaul and respray.

IMGrd_0005_zps42856578.jpg

IMGrd_0006_zps0cc590b3.jpg

• Like 1

Now then David..... funny that this has popped up. a project like this was thought about after doing the original V8 convo, I too have a picture of this tractor, taken at the Cumbria Steam Gathering..... approx 1990 but could be a year either way.........At the time i think i remember someone saying that this tractor lived in the Appleby area of Cumbria.

IMG_0556_zpsb50007e7.jpg

Also residing down in the Valley amongst my 1/32nd collection is this beauty..... created by the late Dennis Goodburn.... and based on the very same tractor that we both have photograghs of. I bought this off Brian Holmes in 2001/2002 and was the first scaledown tractor that i ever bought.

IMG_0557_zps03e104f3.jpg

IMG_0558_zps48b99cbf.jpg

Wow, that is an amazing model of such an eyecatching tractor Paul, and thank you for sharing your photographs of the real machine it's based too, small world as they say. 8)  I do hope the real machine is still somewhere safe and sound, i'd absolutely love to see it working if it's still around, as opposed to a static rally. :)

If you do have the opportunity to proceed with such a project in the future i'd definitely love to see this tractor in 1/16th scale too. :)

• Like 1

i missed a few pages and you start posting one marvel after the other.. it doesnt stop :D

that PZ haybob sure brings back memories, a fine piece of art by CC!

quite a bit jeaulous of your DBP's, still missing quite a few of them here. I only just started adding RJN models to my collection, but it is a slow process. 

you do have a stunning and unique collection with your conversions.. i'll be keeping my eyes glued on this topic :D

• Like 1

Wow, that is an amazing model of such an eyecatching tractor Paul, and thank you for sharing your photographs of the real machine it's based too, small world as they say. 8)  I do hope the real machine is still somewhere safe and sound, i'd absolutely love to see it working if it's still around, as opposed to a static rally. :)

If you do have the opportunity to proceed with such a project in the future i'd definitely love to see this tractor in 1/16th scale too. :)

Your welcome bud :)  There's quite alot hidden away down here in the Valley, David but unfortunatley i don't know the whereabouts of the real machine, though like you i know i'd love to see and hear this beast working rather than it being parked up in either rally field or shed. :)

Aye it's definatley a small world...... and not just in model form either :laugh:  :laugh:

There is a 6 cylinder version with roadless axle under it belonging to Keiran Wall, Timber merchant/extractor that has been to a Rally or 2, i've seen that tractor diplayed at Pickering, Driffield and up at Helmsley, but don't remember taking any photo's of it. It might be a bit off-topic but it suprising what a photo can lead too!! :)

• Like 1

i missed a few pages and you start posting one marvel after the other.. it doesnt stop :D

that PZ haybob sure brings back memories, a fine piece of art by CC!

quite a bit jeaulous of your DBP's, still missing quite a few of them here. I only just started adding RJN models to my collection, but it is a slow process. 

you do have a stunning and unique collection with your conversions.. i'll be keeping my eyes glued on this topic :D

Cheers Wil, thanks for your comments , i too have a few missing DBP's and RJN's to fill gaps in the collection, but there still alot more to come :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Your welcome bud :)  There's quite alot hidden away down here in the Valley, David but unfortunatley i don't know the whereabouts of the real machine, though like you i know i'd love to see and hear this beast working rather than it being parked up in either rally field or shed. :)

Aye it's definatley a small world...... and not just in model form either :laugh:  :laugh:

There is a 6 cylinder version with roadless axle under it belonging to Keiran Wall, Timber merchant/extractor that has been to a Rally or 2, i've seen that tractor diplayed at Pickering, Driffield and up at Helmsley, but don't remember taking any photo's of it. It might be a bit off-topic but it suprising what a photo can lead too!! :)

This one Paul..................;)

Kieran at the wheel, possibly in 1999 at Scampston Hall near Malton. Taken photographs of quite a few of his working machines in the past, trucks, tractors and tractor pullers. All of which i'd crave for in model form. :)

IMGrd_0004_zpsff2de4c2.jpg

Looking a little more weathered in 2011 at Duncombe Park, Helmsley.

P1070413_zpsce86bff0.jpg

• Like 2

Aye that's the rascal David... it featured in an old T&M years ago when they did a fleet profile on Wall's machinery. The pair together would make an impressive sight, both full size and in model form ;)

If only UH had a better/bigger 4wd front axle than the one on the Roadless Dexta :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 1

The Roadless's in the collection so far.............

RJN Roadless Super Major  (New performance)

RJN Roadless 6/4    (green and yellow)

RJN Roadless 6/4   (Blue and grey)

UH E27N Roadless (2wd)

UH Roadless Dexta,

DBP Roadless 75

Over the next few years there are a couple more that i'd like to add....... just have to wait and see ;)