Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Lastly...... (for now) ;)  A little diversion from the 1/16th topic but still from Andy's stable is this 1/32nd scale cattle crush, which is a little bit different from Andy's usual 1/16th models.....

IMG_0633_zps64e68802.jpg

IMG_0634_zps4e746f8e.jpg

IMG_0635_zps63f8b030.jpg

IMG_0636_zpsc9524704.jpg

IMG_0637_zpsb33c7d30.jpg

...... there still another half dozen of Andy's models to come, but now i'll post up a few more tractors :)

Some amazing looking models produced by Andy there Paul. I remember first seeing him with some of his models at the National Museum of Rural Life at Kittochside East Kilbride when model shows were held there in 2005, 2006 and 2007 according to my Britain's purchasing records. I seem to recall you there with a Green Landy and canvas cover if my memory serves me correct :huh:

I think me or someone needs to do an article on Mr Sewell's creations for Model FARMER :huh:

Edited by BC
  • Like 1

Loving the machinery Paul :) Wish I could afford it!

Cheers Will, there still a couple of trailers and a spreader to post up yet........... It took me a while to convince myself that collecting Andy's models was the right thing to do, but now i wish i'd have started sooner rather than spend a heap of cash on a shed load of Britains, Siku and UH that some never saw light of day since the day i bought them :)

Some amazing looking models produced by Andy there Paul. I remember first seeing him at some of his models at the National Museum of Rural Life at Kittochside East Kilbride when model shows were held there in 2005, 2006 and 2007 according to my Britain's purchasing records. I seem to recall you there with a Green Landy and canvas cover if my memory serves me correct :huh:

I think me or someone needs to do an article on Mr Sewell's creations for Model FARMER :huh:

Aye your memory serves you well there Bill, it was at Kittochside that i also first saw the fine work of Mr Sewell.... though it took me until 2007 to bite and commit to my first purchases. Kittochside was also the place where the first two RJN's were purchased...... The New preformance Super Major and a Nuffield 4/60.

Sounds like article might be a plan Bill ;)

The cattle crush is intreasting. My line of work involves fabricating & welding cattle crushs & other livestock equipment. So that to me is a very intresting piece of kit. Never ween one in model format before. Your 1/16 collection is very impressive indeed Paul. ;)  

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

Aye your memory serves you well there Bill, it was at Kittochside that i also first saw the fine work of Mr Sewell.... though it took me until 2007 to bite and commit to my first purchases. Kittochside was also the place where the first two RJN's were purchased...... The New preformance Super Major and a Nuffield 4/60.

Sounds like article might be a plan Bill ;)

Well I had to refer back to my Britain's spreadsheet and see the dates of purchases from G&M...which stood at 239 back in the Spring of 2007....6 years on it has grown quite a bit. Again it was the first time I had seen RJN's models and was  very impressed. Had there been a 1957 Nuffield Universal DM with sliding hubs like my own I would have certainly bought one of them.

• Like 1

The cattle crush is intreasting. My line of work involves fabricating & welding cattle crushs & other livestock equipment. So that to me is a very intresting piece of kit. Never ween one in model format before. Your 1/16 collection is very impressive indeed Paul. ;)  

Cheers Justin, i'm glad you like the collection so far  :)....... though i know your looking forward to me finishing my Deluxe cabbed 4600 ;)

The crush just sort of happened really. I think it was one of Andy's spares and he didn't need it so he offered it and the rest is history......... I'm a welder/fitter too, prepping chassis and doing chassis mods and hydraulic work for tanker manufacturer Crossland Tankers..... not direct link to agriculture but with help provide solutions for transport of one of agriculture's daily products..... Milk ;)

Andy has done some larger scale livestock equipment, and a bit more in 1/32nd, there be pics on his website www.classic-combines.com

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Well I had to refer back to my Britain's spreadsheet and see the dates of purchases from G&M...which stood at 239 back in the Spring of 2007....6 years on it has grown quite a bit. Again it was the first time I had seen RJN's models and was  very impressed. Had there been a 1957 Nuffield Universal DM with sliding hubs like my own I would have certainly bought one of them.

Aye Bill,  thats way back when Russel Brown was the owner of RJN before selling to current owner Brian Huck....... funnily enough RJN never released a Universal, or a 4/65 mk1 but they did a 4/60, 10/60, 4/65 mk2 and the Nuffield/Leyland badged 384.........plus UH's attempt at a Universal didn't have the sliding hubs either...... though i am in the process of beefing one up on to some bigger boots. UH's 10/60 should be out soon too..... at least i hope it is ;)

Another 1/16th memory from Kittochside was Martin Littlefair and his scratchbuilt NH combines...... they were serious bits of kit and although i'm no combine spotter i'd welcome those into my collection any day :laugh:  

Edited by Valley Axe Man

I can't remember seeing Martin there Paul. He came up to Aberdeen for the first show but not last year. He has some amazing builds.

Aye the combines that martin has built are fantastic, Bill. Martin had them to penrith as well. Another talented man ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Now back to a couple more of my RJN collection in the form of a Nuffield 4/60 (One of the first RJN's to be in the collection) and a well shod Nuffield 10/60......The Nuffield, Leyland and Marshall line of tractors are one of my passions...... if only there were a 1/16th Marshall 804xl..... and a 4wd Marshall 100....... my life would be truly complete ;)

IMG_0640_zpse5dade6c.jpg

IMG_0641_zps016fd718.jpg

IMG_0642_zps54b0dae1.jpg

a little bit more RJN  Poppy orange to follow...........

• Like 1

dad used to have a real one that he took as a dept payment. we were never a lover o f it to tell the truth, as it needed easy start to fire it up. eventually the engine popped while i was turning hay. i never knew there was a mk1 and a mk2 version paul, what was the difference between them?

Cheers Justin, i'm glad you like the collection so far  :)....... though i know your looking forward to me finishing my Deluxe cabbed 4600 ;)

The crush just sort of happened really. I think it was one of Andy's spares and he didn't need it so he offered it and the rest is history......... I'm a welder/fitter too, prepping chassis and doing chassis mods and hydraulic work for tanker manufacturer Crossland Tankers..... not direct link to agriculture but with help provide solutions for transport of one of agriculture's daily products..... Milk ;)

Andy has done some larger scale livestock equipment, and a bit more in 1/32nd, there be pics on his website www.classic-combines.com

Chers for that link Paul. Looking forward to seeing the 46! ;)

• Like 1

dad used to have a real one that he took as a dept payment. we were never a lover o f it to tell the truth, as it needed easy start to fire it up. eventually the engine popped while i was turning hay. i never knew there was a mk1 and a mk2 version paul, what was the difference between them?

It was the re-styled models when problems started David......., when the 4/65 was first released in 67 it's chassis is 8 inch longer allowing the fuel tank to be moved up front of the radiator, causing overheating problems due to the fan not being efficent enough to drag air through the rad, plus the engine seemed to have a vibration about it. these early tractors had a black Nuffield badge on the sides of the bonnet,

In 68 they tried to alter the cooling by fitting a different fan i'm led to belive..... and they tried to assess the vibration problems but without much success, and the black badge gave way to the silver bonnet stripe as on my RJN posted earlier

I seem to have a knack of jogging peoples memories with my collection :laugh:  :laugh:

mmmmm i suppose a mk1 would be an easy conversion and help finish the set....,.....

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

Now i've a pair of "big red brothers" in the collection, i guess i need a bit more machinery to put those horses to good use ::) There's still a stack of unfinished models on the bench..... but i can't help now feeling the urge to have a go at building something to hang on the back of these.............

...... though there's still more to come........A couple more tractors to post up shortly and then on to a couple of implements ;)