Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

...... And it's another creation by Andy at Classic, another version of a Week's Labrador, this time finished in the MF colour scheme, as Week's built for and supplied to Massey, Weeks trailers but carrying the MF logo.......

IMG_0673_zpsdd3ca7b0.jpg

IMG_0674_zps57072753.jpg

Although this is just the same as my already posted Week's blue Labarador....... there are a couple of differences and it isn't just the colour or the wheels...... lets have a pic or two from underneath.... ;)  ;)

IMG_0676_zps9ae047b3.jpg

IMG_0675_zps1f48d8bc.jpg

This version has working leaf sprung suspension, all individual leaves out of brass and held on by minature U bolts..... added by Andy to make an added feature :)

• Like 1

Now on to the other JCB in the collection.... although i'm not the owner, this belongs in my mum's collection but shares storage with my models ;)

Built by Classic Combines, it's a JCB 3D mk11 with parallel loader, 4 in 1 bucket (minus the fold over forks), 2 position dipper and is shown with a ditching bucket, although there are a couple more buckets besides.......

IMG_0683_zps0418d392.jpg

IMG_0684_zps1a74f2b6.jpg

IMG_0687_zpsf080356e.jpg

• Like 3

Now to something very different........

A FOX 1974 6644 Max II self propelled forage harvester, by TWH collectibles. I thought that the Valley fleet needed a bigger forager and enter stage right ( via abit of help from a couple of good friends, and a parcel from the U S of A,) this beast :)

Probably not too common this side of the atlantic.... although Fox trailed harvesters were imported into Suffolk many moons ago, as stated in one of Stephen and Jonothans Monsters of the Grassland DVD.

Not too common in standard form with the Grass head  as the model supplied with 3 row maize, but now suitable equipped it ready for a season or three down here in the Valley, being chased by a pair or three Ford 7000's....... all we need now are some bigger trailers :laugh:  :laugh:

IMG_0690_zpsa9e8efca.jpg

IMG_0691_zps66c49a7d.jpg

IMG_0692_zps961bc0e7.jpg

IMG_0693_zpsafdc737e.jpg

IMG_0694_zps8c197a99.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 4

Cheers for posting that forager Paul,I've known about T W H for a long time,never knew they made 1/16th agricultural stuff,loads of 1/50th, http://www.cranesetc.co.uk/library/indexes/twhreviewindex.htm but never seen that before, :of :of

Regards

Joe.

No problem Joe, I'd heard of TWH but like you i didn't know about this until Andy at Classic told me about a U.S dealer www.outbacktoys  and after about an hour of serching through the site, this forager popped up......

It's a limited edition job for a farm show, mine is number 575....based on an actual machine that was found in original 1974 condition in Winsconsin, Powered by a Detroit 240 hp V8 and could chop 130 ton an hour and was nicknamed "the king kong of the era" Fox sold these foragers into 50 countries so there is a chance one or two made it into the UK.

I'm not sure of any other TWH agri models but there could be Joe...... just have to have a good look ;)

Now you know why the rams you built were interesting...... to get some bigger trailers to go with this beast

Edited by Valley Axe Man

No problem Joe, I'd heard of TWH but like you i didn't know about this until Andy at Classic told me about a U.S dealer www.outbacktoys  and after about an hour of serching through the site, this forager popped up......

It's a limited edition job for a farm show, mine is number 575....based on an actual machine that was found in original 1974 condition in Winsconsin, Powered by a Detroit 240 hp V8 and could chop 130 ton an hour and was nicknamed "the king kong of the era" Fox sold these foragers into 50 countries so there is a chance one or two made it into the UK.

I'm not sure of any other TWH agri models but there could be Joe...... just have to have a good look ;)

Now you know why the rams you built were interesting...... to get some bigger trailers to go with this beast

Ah,I suspected as much,now 575,that's one of my all time favourite numbers because of this Hughmunguss beasty

d575_11.jpg

I have two 1/50th scale models of this machine,one R/C the other static,you can see the R/C one here

http://www.youtube.com/user/catkom3/videos

Theres also a rather dodgey video of my R/C Deutz X 720 with rear mounted dozer blade,I'll try and discover if there are any more 1/16th scale ag models by Townley Wan Hoo out there for you,

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

Super nice model Paul, better build them trailers big enough to pull them with the 1455's ;)

Cheers Erik, Thats just what i was thinking..... seems a waste to have those 1455's in the collection and nothing to really put them to work on..... but the couple of big trailers would do the job nicely ;)  :laugh:

I do like the JCB! CC must get through a pile of those wee (BA ?) brass nuts and bolts!

Glad you approve john, :)  Andy does use quite a lot of the small nuts and bolts..... though he was talking about going metric as the taps and dies are much cheaper than the BA equivilents. There are a pile of bolts in Andy's Howard spreader (yet to post up) and some of his ploughs can eat up quite a few as well. Bolting up must be one fiddly job! :laugh:

Ah,I suspected as much,now 575,that's one of my all time favourite numbers because of this Hughmunguss beasty

d575_11.jpg

I have two 1/50th scale models of this machine,one R/C the other static,you can see the R/C one here

http://www.youtube.com/user/catkom3/videos

Theres also a rather dodgey video of my R/C Deutz X 720 with rear mounted dozer blade,I'll try and discover if there are any more 1/16th scale ag models by Townley Wan Hoo out there for you,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe, much apreciated. some 1/16th R/C would be fantastic to add to the collection.... some of the stuff that the German guys build is unbeleivable. I had toyed with the idea of a couple of those Bruder's and the guts of a R/C truck or two ( a distraction in my early teens took me into R/C for a while)  but it would be getting the engineering right so that it would stay robust enough to abuse the tractor abit :laugh:  :laugh: I know Britains have the R/C Big Farm range but think i could do better and have something that works.......... 

........ it be no fun to build one one then just leave it at in the cupboard...... ;)

Regards

Paul

Edited by Valley Axe Man

........ No joy from the search party yesterday...........i think i'll leave them til the end and hopefully they might turn up by then! Recharge the battery for the camera and then i'll take some more pics...... a couple more implements then back to a tractor or 2 ;)  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back to a few more of my Classic Combines models, a pair of Weeks/MF 22 trailers, both feature the Weeks tite-on door, single line hydraulic brakes, and slightly taller than standard tyres,  the early version with lighting board and a bolted on hitch, the later with Weeks style front and rear light brackets........

IMG_0698_zps107544c4.jpg

IMG_0699_zps6792d0d2.jpg

IMG_0700_zps983a3c67.jpg

• Like 1