Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

And the three bale trailers together, all i need now is a baler and some bales....... ;)

IMG_0566_zps2d17efbc.jpg

IMG_0567_zpseec5c2b8.jpg

As it probably shows up to now that i've a bit of a fondness for Weeks trailers....... so far you have seen 5 and there's still a couple more to come :) in Week's other colour for trailers that they supplied........ Fergy Red

Edited by Valley Axe Man

a baler, bales and a flat 8 sledge to make sure you utlise that browns grab  properly paul

It's in hand Sean...... Baler on the shelf, though a slightly newer version might appear in the future....... just the bales needed to match the chamber size in the baler, and be a good fit in the flat 8 ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Next up out of the Week's collection is a slurry tanker, originally a marketing agreement between Weeks and Veenhuis, allowed Veenhuis to sell Weeks trailers in Veenhuis livery and Weeks to sell tankers.......... This one has the addded hydraulic gate valve rather than the manual bar type along the length of the tanker top. Also it runs on slightly larger tyres, just to make it abit different ;)

IMG_0568_zps241c8f40.jpg

IMG_0569_zps44556229.jpg

IMG_0571_zps654bff20.jpg

• Like 2

Next up out of the Week's collection is a slurry tanker, originally a marketing agreement between Weeks and Veenhuis, allowed Veenhuis to sell Weeks trailers in Veenhuis livery and Weeks to sell tankers.......... This one has the addded hydraulic gate valve rather than the manual bar type along the length of the tanker top. Also it runs on slightly larger tyres, just to make it abit different ;)

IMG_0568_zps241c8f40.jpg

IMG_0569_zps44556229.jpg

IMG_0571_zps654bff20.jpg

We used to have the Veenhuis tanker at our farm, that was before the time the slurry needed to be injected...

We used to have the Veenhuis tanker at our farm, that was before the time the slurry needed to be injected...

I do have some Veenweeks brochures somewhere Jack but glad it bring back memories for you...... i'll have to hunt them out as i seem to remember Veenweeks offering a slurry curtain attachment as well as dribble bars as extras on some of their larger and twin axle tankers, but times change, this tanker not a quarter of a modern day ones. 700 gallon nothing these days  ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Next back to a bit of blue.... with a hint of red attached ;)

A UH ford 7000 with "air con" :laugh:  :laugh:  ( both doors cut out and rear lower window removed) to try and keep cool on those long hot summer days foraging ;) This tractor would really suit a New Holland 717.... remove the front weights and add an additive barrel carrier and barrel...... but a 717 would take some building.............

IMG_0586_zps1b43d4ac.jpg

IMG_0587_zps3bc1e74f.jpg

IMG_0588_zps54e32d96.jpg

so then this 7000 needs a different forager to power......... ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

....... and after seeing a prototype and having a chat with Andy.... as if by magic and a bit of a save up..... a Tarrup 1500 appeared in the collection :laugh:  :laugh:

IMG_0596_zpsa4114951.jpg

and Andy didn't just make it look good on the outside....... it feature's a full set of flails underneath ;)

IMG_0598_zps3519cfe3.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 3

Brings back found memories Paul. I drove an L reg circa 1972/73  7000 with a Howard spreader helping out at a friend farm in the 80's. A bit powerful beast and they had a Quickie loader for it and my friend always says he wished he had kept it since it was one of the best loader tractors he and his family had. Usual thing I suppose you needed to trade in to upgrade ;D  ;D ...sorry no pictures to share only fond memories 8)

• Like 1

Brings back found memories Paul. I drove an L reg circa 1972/73  7000 with a Howard spreader helping out at a friend farm in the 80's. A bit powerful beast and they had a Quickie loader for it and my friend always says he wished he had kept it since it was one of the best loader tractors he and his family had. Usual thing I suppose you needed to trade in to upgrade ;D  ;D ...sorry no pictures to share only fond memories 8)

Funny you should mention a Howard spreader Bill...... there is one in my collection built by Andy that i've yet to post up :) glad the 7000 brings back fond memories for you from days gone by when a 7000 was deemed a big tractor!!

Edited by Valley Axe Man

Paul your collection is fantastic! ;D  How many Classic combine moodels do you have in total?

Cheers Will, thanks :)  In total there's around 25 models in my collection and one that's on loan that's owned by my mum, built by Andy.... and hope to add one or two more this year if all goes to plan with the man himself and his work load ;)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

i thought with your skills paul, the doors would be working  removables mate?? sure that would be easy enough to do

The doors are just sitting at the moment Sean..... when get some of the other bits and bobs finished i've a bit of time to re-visit the 7000 and do a bit more to it....like take the pto cover off to get the shaft to fit and fix the top link in place too ;)

Now thats a class bit of kit. Realy do like that 7000 & single chop. The good ol days. ;)

Cheers Justin...... glad you like 7000 and Tarrup combo. You hit the nail on the head about the good old days though..... just short of the sound and smell of the 7000 exhaust, the smell of burning drivebelts as the Tarrup powers its way through a thick heavy crop and the smell of freshly chopped grass as a 4000 trundles about at full chat on trailer duties........ Pure Magic  :laugh:  :laugh:

Edited by Valley Axe Man