Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Great to see models from your collection, Paul. Only the toplink seems missing ???. Good looking model though!

Thanks Jack :) it's been a while to get back to posting up the updates but getting there again now. Yes your right... missing toplink a fault on a few of the UH models, could really do with getting a handful and fitting them throughout the fleet ;)

Another addition to the Weeks trailer collection ;)..... This time a sprung and braked Weeks plus 40 that's had a hard life :laugh:  :laugh:...... Andy at Classic's first attempt at building something that's past it's best...... With a badly battered and twisted rotting body, a flat and odd tyres, broken spring and burst brake pipe, bent drawbar jack and ring hitch, snapped wheel stud and missing nut..... just needs as Andy says to be weathered and rusted to give it that truly knackered look ;)

IMG_1329_zps7a5f9a2a.jpg

IMG_1328_zps8b94fb0b.jpg

IMG_1326_zps690fd4c2.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Cheers Pat and Justin   :) Though credit where credit due and that must go to Andy for building these fine models..... 8) Your right about the sign too Pat, written on a tatty scrap of old bit of tin or bit of old plywood crudely painted up and tied on :laugh:, According to Andy he's plans to do the Weeks Twin7 7 tonner in the future too, but I've another 3.5tonner to come, again finished in the MF 21 colours and with a silage kit added but the body is a different style to the one pictured above  ;).......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The second of the MF21 / Weeks  3.5ton has arrived down in the Valley :), this one again in Andy's standard format of handbrake only, and early type exposed screw parking jack..... but this time the standard trailer fitted with hardwood drop sides and floor (as opposed to the standard metal sided and floored variants), but fitted with the metal standard type silage kit, and split two section tailgate. Again without lights so guess i'll need to make a pair of the " no signals" signs now ;)  :laugh:  :laugh:

IMG_1573_zpseca22fa1.jpg

IMG_1574_zps03ec9f78.jpg

IMG_1572_zps037cd60a.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 5

Cheers Justin and David :) aye both of these two will be making the trip up to Lanark ;) you might say there could be a bit of a silage theme for that display 8)

give me a shout if you need a driver Paul ;D

• Like 1

My god that is a really fantastic collection, ive never been into 1/16 but that would make me want to. Andys work is excellent and his MF/WEEKS trailers brings back some hairy memories of using them and discovering their weak spot ( that hole through the drawbar)  they always broke here and always in the worst of places and of course a big load on, any WEEKS trailers i used were strenghtened up here but only after they broke of course..Id spend ages gazing at that stuff if it were mine, you must have plenty of room to display it all.....Definately a collection to be proud of

• Like 2

Wouldn't bother with the signs Paul , have never seen that on a trailer before , usually written in chalk each year rather than painted

There were one or two that painted or chalked it on up round here Sean, but most round these parts had it daubed on a tatty bit of plywood or tin and tied it on to the tailgate with a bit of bale twine..... ;):)  Although I did see a transit van parked in Davidstow with a similar sign on its back door....... but it read   " No  Hand Signals.... Eating Pasties" :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 3

My god that is a really fantastic collection, ive never been into 1/16 but that would make me want to. Andys work is excellent and his MF/WEEKS trailers brings back some hairy memories of using them and discovering their weak spot ( that hole through the drawbar)  they always broke here and always in the worst of places and of course a big load on, any WEEKS trailers i used were strenghtened up here but only after they broke of course..Id spend ages gazing at that stuff if it were mine, you must have plenty of room to display it all.....Definately a collection to be proud of

Cheers Brian :) Aye Andy builds some fine pieces. I appreciate your comments on the collection too, most of it tucked away at moment, working on plans for a nice sized display case when time allows. I'm glad that it brings back some memories no matter how hairy the moment was for you at the time ;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...