Martin's collection.

55 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

I think that came out really well! I hope you’re pleased Martin. Is it going on a diorama? 

Thanks Alastair, not quite the effect i hoped for but for an early attempt I'm happy, one to learn from I think. I haven't got a diorama as such planned but I thought it might look good hiding at the back of a workshop as if it was awaiting restoration. 

• Like 1

liking that martin, look good sat in a shed corner awaiting work, or just abandoned andn the owner wont part with it .

i was going to say , i saw a vid the other day on youtube about this and how to make rough looking tinwork and arches, and this guy did it by using a small drill (.3mm in this one) and popping holes in, on corners(car arch on this video) he drilled out a hole completely to break the shape of the proper part, i recon the same thing could be done on the corners of the rear arches if wanted, loose the corners , and front grill surround etc, he then rusted it up as you have  

• Thanks 1

Thanks lads. There won't be many neglected majors that don't have at least one flat tyre Paul. 

That sounds interesting Sean, I might give it a go on this, were the corners of the panels completely removed or was he making rust holes with the drill?

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks lads. There won't be many neglected majors that don't have at least one flat tyre Paul. 

That sounds interesting Sean, I might give it a go on this, were the corners of the panels completely removed or was he making rust holes with the drill?

he took a full hole out of one, like a part had broken away on the bottom corner of the wheel arch , so i guess the corner and edge  of the tractor arches could be roughened up with the same method, when they get to that age most have lost the proper shape through rust, will try and find the vid again, i found it via watching two or three others in the links , not  by searching for it directly ,a stumbled across find 

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

he took a full hole out of one, like a part had broken away on the bottom corner of the wheel arch , so i guess the corner and edge  of the tractor arches could be roughened up with the same method, when they get to that age most have lost the proper shape through rust, will try and find the vid again, i found it via watching two or three others in the links , not  by searching for it directly ,a stumbled across find 

It'll be interesting to see if you find it again but be careful what you post a link to when you are watching your online videos....

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Like Smithy says, some very good photo's there Martin, nice set of '74 based tractors :)

Cheers Paul,  there is still another conversion of the 1174 to come.