Martin's collection.

Christmas come early for you Martin:) lovely models . I had a brief driving experience with a moffett  for a neighbour many years ago he was ill and asked if I could unload a lorry for him it was a cold wet morning and he had forgot to tell me to sweep the water of the roof before moving it as it would come in thought a hole and go straight down your back ,sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Very nice indeed Martin, I bet you breathed a sigh of relief when you opened the box!;)

Thanks john, I did indeed, i had all sorts of horrible images going through my mind while waiting for these to be delivered. But we won't go there. :blink::lol:;)

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Great Christmas presents you got your self there Martin, :) liking the Toucan alot, something very different to see in model form, is the forager removeable like the real deal to pull it out forwards and slide a drawbar back in its place for normal trailer work?

Cracking work Sam :)

Cheers Paul. No the chopper is fixed on, for the sake of strength I think it was best that way, on a wet year a full load of damp grass would put a lot of strain on those little fixings. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Christmas come early for you Martin:) lovely models . I had a brief driving experience with a moffett  for a neighbour many years ago he was ill and asked if I could unload a lorry for him it was a cold wet morning and he had forgot to tell me to sweep the water of the roof before moving it as it would come in thought a hole and go straight down your back ,sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it

It has indeed smithy. Oh dear, I am shivering at the thought of it as well. :wacko:  Was that a ford based moffett or an earlier massey one? I imagine they are a very capable machine if a little numb compared to a 4 wheel steer dedicated handler. 

Thanks Justin. It nicely breaks up the sea of blue without doing something too radical like buying something non ford based.  ;)

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Great additions Martin.  The Moffett is a cracker..;)

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

It has indeed smithy. Oh dear, I am shivering at the thought of it as well. :wacko:  Was that a ford based moffett or an earlier massey one? I imagine they are a very capable machine if a little numb compared to a 4 wheel steer dedicated handler. 

Thanks Justin. It nicely breaks up the sea of blue without doing something too radical like buying something non ford based.  ;)

It was a ford based one ,think it was a 6600

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 8:26 PM, tabmodels said:

Thanks Nick, yes that has been pointed out to me already! And you would think I would know as we have an actual 7600 with deluxe cab :o wasn't sure when the cladding kicked in, always convinced myself it was the very last of these cabs on the 7600 just before the Q cab phased in. Every day a school day :D So the early edition 7000 with round tail lights had no deluxe interior and the later edition with square tail lights had the deluxe interior?

Im a bit late in chiming in here with regards to deluxe cabs, but we used to have a fully cladded deluxe cabbed ford 5000 which we bought new from Kennedys in ballymena

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i know dads tractors did a few other versions, heard of the silage ones, but so far your two are the only ones i have seen,also seen a pettit and ransome twin axel 8 tonner done, but only the lower dropsides ,not a grain version. shame as i wouldnt mind the silage one.

Classic spreader and trailer there Martin, Nice buys:) I remember walking past Atkinson's as a youngster, maybe about 81/82 looking through the fence and seeing rows of gritting bodys and stacks of  hedgers, but by that time Econ was more the name on the side rather than Atkinsons of Clitheroe,  Back in the day Atkinson was "The" name in Lime spreaders and in a way i'm still proud to come from the town where many a hundred spreader was built. Had they not relocated to Ripon under Econ well before i left school, it would have been the place that i'd have gone to first for a job/apprenticeship. Must be 35 years since they moved, factory was sold and became a double glazing firm that took over the whole site in a big way

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1