Martin's collection.

Thanks Sean, yes, as you say they still look good today, 20-30 years later, the golden age of tractor design and they will still look good in another 20-30 years when today's new tractor/laptop on wheels is scrapped because it isn't viable to replace the expensive computers that will inevitably fail. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Nice rig Martin, you be keeping your fingers crossed for a bit of 32nd frosty weather to get out on the land and get a few load spread ;)

I certainly am Paul mate, forecast is to turn cooler for the next couple of weeks, If we get some good hard frosts there will be sh1t flying in all directions. :of

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mb86 said:

Thanks pete, yeah I do like the marge models, not as fragile as the uh equivalent and the opening doors are a nice touch.

I had a Marge 7610. Really good model and detail.. big regrets selling 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pete said:

I had a Marge 7610. Really good model and detail.. big regrets selling 

Plenty still around if you want another one, they were going cheap at one point. Change the wheels and they look even better.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The roadless 95 arrived a while ago but unfortunately had suffered a fair bit of damage in the post and the exhaust that wasn't attached when I bought it was the least of the problems. Both link arms had bent round and one had come off altogether with most of the paint missing from both, the power steering ram and steering arm had come out of the chassis casting and the front weight had a bit of paint missing and also had damage to the decal on the weight. I've managed to sort most of this out and just waiting of a new decal thanks to Barry @Udimore and Chris @chris.watson for suggesting Barry could help and thanks to @MadMarkfor the tip off. Does anyone know if the cab should be fixed down? It is loose but doesn't look like it should come off. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by mb86
  • Like 5

Wasn't packed very well at all, one layer of bubble wrap round the box and sent in a Jiffy bag so had been rattling round inside pats van for a couple of days. Don't think the original foam padding inside the box was up to much either, although it held the sides of the model tight it had room to move back and forth which is where the damage was caused. Overall view- excellent model, as good as the DBP 1174 I have only built using more resin than white metal. Don't know if I'd have another sent through the post though, unless I knew it would be very well wrapped. If i'd payed full price for that one I wouldn't have been happy but on this occasion, for what I payed, and as the damage was relatively easy to rectify, I was. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Wasn't packed very well at all, one layer of bubble wrap round the box and sent in a Jiffy bag so had been rattling round inside pats van for a couple of days. Don't think the original foam padding inside the box was up to much either, although it held the sides of the model tight it had room to move back and forth which is where the damage was caused. Overall view- excellent model, as good as the DBP 1174 I have only built using more resin than white metal. Don't know if I'd have another sent through the post though, unless I knew it would be very well wrapped. If i'd payed full price for that one I wouldn't have been happy but on this occasion, for what I payed, and as the damage was relatively easy to rectify, I was. 

If you need more models of the roadless range, get them from Bazza and he often delivers as he travels around with his job. Funny, the very first one I bought came through the post and that had bent link arms. Straightened out o.k though.

1 hour ago, chris.watson said:

If you need more models of the roadless range, get them from Bazza and he often delivers as he travels around with his job. Funny, the very first one I bought came through the post and that had bent link arms. Straightened out o.k though.

Okay thanks mate, that is good to know, quite fancy one or two more of them on the shelf. I didn't think the arms would go back without cracking off but they went fairly easily and the one that had come off had done so without causing any damage, it had just come out of the hole it was supposed to be glued in.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MadMark said:

Very nice Martin, James is a master of the truck/trailer builds. As for having another to sit beside it, I think you need 2 sitting each side of it8)

He sure is, it's a total scratch build, no model to use as a base! One either side would look fantastic, will have to see how things go, there are lots of other models I'd like in the meantime.