What really annoyed you today

1 hour ago, Fenside MF said:

blimey is it old gits day on here or something :lol: not everyone has it rosey in life be it through disability,age,working two jobs etc

I don't think it's anything to do with having it all rosey in life, i don't consider my life to be a bed of roses, i work bloody hard for what i have but also i don't complain (much;)) as i am very fortunate that i enjoy what i do. What does piss me off is people whinging how bad they have it and how they should be kept by the state when they are perfectly capable of a days work. I have no problem with anyone who has a disability or is unable to work through bad health, they have my deepest sympathy, but there are plenty who can work but choose not to. I had a major operation on my back to remove a large lump several years ago and now find it very difficult and painful to do jobs that require a lot of bending over, but i still do them because they need doing and i am the only one to do them, that is the simple facts of life, if i am ill, like the majority people on family farms today, i still have to go out to do my jobs. I would not change this, and i certainly don't expect to be applauded for it as it is my choice in life, but please don't try and make it seem like i live a charmed and easy life compared to the rest of the population. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, 844john said:

I don't think it's anything to do with having it all rosey in life, i don't consider my life to be a bed of roses, i work bloody hard for what i have but also i don't complain (much;)) as i am very fortunate that i enjoy what i do. What does piss me off is people whinging how bad they have it and how they should be kept by the state when they are perfectly capable of a days work. I have no problem with anyone who has a disability or is unable to work through bad health, they have my deepest sympathy, but there are plenty who can work but choose not to. I had a major operation on my back to remove a large lump several years ago and now find it very difficult and painful to do jobs that require a lot of bending over, but i still do them because they need doing and i am the only one to do them, that is the simple facts of life, if i am ill, like the majority people on family farms today, i still have to go out to do my jobs. I would not change this, and i certainly don't expect to be applauded for it as it is my choice in life, but please don't try and make it seem like i live a charmed and easy life compared to the rest of the population. 

John I never referred to you,I was generalizing like you have been

• Like 2

Bought a broken model from Hong Kong last year, only recently discovered that I have been banned from a number of sellers on ebay due to a bad review I gave for that item. Been trying to get it straight now, but seems impossible.. I find it unfair to be banned for giving a fair review. Listed as new - completely broken and glued together, tried communicating with the seller.

Did buy several items from one of the affiliated shops afterwards, but seems like the review automatically shut me out. If this is how ebay let sellers run things, it's not very good.. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:40 PM, Fenside MF said:

blimey is it old gits day on here or something :lol: not everyone has it rosey in life be it through disability,age,working two jobs etc

we should have an old gits day on here once a month,open to people over fifty only,sometimes its good to vent off Jamie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Janval said:

Bought a broken model from Hong Kong last year, only recently discovered that I have been banned from a number of sellers on ebay due to a bad review I gave for that item. Been trying to get it straight now, but seems impossible.. I find it unfair to be banned for giving a fair review. Listed as new - completely broken and glued together, tried communicating with the seller.

Did buy several items from one of the affiliated shops afterwards, but seems like the review automatically shut me out. If this is how ebay let sellers run things, it's not very good.. 

have noticed that quite a few of the dedicated farm model shops have now gone form Ebay, so some may have closed down or joined with others

3 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

have noticed that quite a few of the dedicated farm model shops have now gone form Ebay, so some may have closed down or joined with others

That might be, but it this case I got it in writing from the person responsible from the shop. He insisted that the item was new - but had been kept in customs in his country and opened. Somehow he wants me to believe they removed the fuel tank of the 35X, broke off the bonnet and the seat etc, and glued it shut afterwards <_< Anyhow, I didn't get any explanation at the time, only a take it or leave it offer for half a refund. 

He specifically said my one bad review got me automatically banned from all their shops, since it was a threat to their business to have customers giving negative reviews.

I've studied economics where marketing was one of the classes I took, this seems to be the worst possible way to handle these issues. Basically threatening people to be happy or get banned. Too bad there's only so much you can do being on the other side of the world!

I made my case clear to them however, I felt it fair. Time will tell if I get accepted back, I hope so since the main shop has very good prices and I have never had any issues with them :) I sincerely doubt I'm the only one on here who has bought from this shop!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Janval said:

That might be, but it this case I got it in writing from the person responsible from the shop. He insisted that the item was new - but had been kept in customs in his country and opened. Somehow he wants me to believe they removed the fuel tank of the 35X, broke off the bonnet and the seat etc, and glued it shut afterwards <_< Anyhow, I didn't get any explanation at the time, only a take it or leave it offer for half a refund. 

He specifically said my one bad review got me automatically banned from all their shops, since it was a threat to their business to have customers giving negative reviews.

I've studied economics where marketing was one of the classes I took, this seems to be the worst possible way to handle these issues. Basically threatening people to be happy or get banned. Too bad there's only so much you can do being on the other side of the world!

I made my case clear to them however, I felt it fair. Time will tell if I get accepted back, I hope so since the main shop has very good prices and I have never had any issues with them :) I sincerely doubt I'm the only one on here who has bought from this shop!

That's shocking Jan, to say your bad review cost them business, if the goods we're faulty and they didn't want to resolve the situation then they deserve poor feedback. As you say, very poor customer relations.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OK, it;s grumpy old man time, I am now of an age that I can legitimately lay claim to the title.

Why do ebay sellers have to put" l@@k" in their adverts....................whenever I see that it puts me off big time. There is one seller in particular, from Greece, that does it in every single listing and I would never buy from him in principle. Do you think I am a complete moron, because I think that you are by posting this every time. :blink:

Grrrr, I am looking that is why I have seen it but I will now scroll on by...............

• Haha 2

Arriving home a short time ago to discover a strange car in my drive??,turn's out it's some car hire firm dropped the car off at the wrong house,??? keys in an envelope through my door,???

got to phone them tomorrow to get it sorted,???

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Arriving home a short time ago to discover a strange car in my drive??,turn's out it's some car hire firm dropped the car off at the wrong house,??? keys in an envelope through my door,???

got to phone them tomorrow to get it sorted,???

Regards

Joe.

Free car for a few days. Winner winner chicken dinner. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Ebay seller (also on some of the facebook pages) who has a habbit of putting stuff up on a 6 day auction, lets it run till a day before it ends, then pulls them, worst  bit is they very often appear a day or so later, sometimes less , on a buy now lot , £10 or so more than when they ended early , clearly feels happy at ripping people off. Cant belive ebay allow it to be stopped like that once bids are on , unless it clealry says “for sale else where” or the reserve hasnt been met , never ever seen it on any of his lots hes put on there .

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

Ebay seller (also on some of the facebook pages) who has a habbit of putting stuff up on a 6 day auction, lets it run till a day before it ends, then pulls them, worst  bit is they very often appear a day or so later, sometimes less , on a buy now lot , £10 or so more than when they ended early , clearly feels happy at ripping people off. Cant belive ebay allow it to be stopped like that once bids are on , unless it clealry says “for sale else where” or the reserve hasnt been met , never ever seen it on any of his lots hes put on there .

Annoys me too, have a feeling I know exactly who you mean Sean...

• Like 1

I know the felling only too well guys . A few weeks ago I posted a topic in the WANTED section looking for a certain now obsolete model . I got a few replys with certain helpful members telling me who might have one & who to try . So I did but got no response . 

Now I am not the naming and shame type of guy , but since then 2 members on here who are traders (one of whom I tried and got no response )  have put up this model on EBay looking for stupid money , basically 3 times the original retail price of it !  

Now I would have made a decent offer to them if they had contacted me at the time , but now they can stuff it for all I care . I would not buckle to their asking price or give them the satisfaction , knowing full well they had probably seen my WANTED post & to make things worse , I had often purchased from one of the traders in the past. Customer loyalty don't mean sh*t !!

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 4

this ones been at it for a while now, hes always posting/ bragging at stuff hes got coming up for sale and how much each items going for, then the same item appears as buy now on ebay or facebook after hes pulled them, sells under his other halfs name on ebay and his on facebook, although hes been post banned on facebook at least once that i know of. hes basicly sounding out a price, then selling else where avoiding ebay fees i recon .

• Like 2

clearly my facebook posts have hit a nerve, the sellers now reduced it by 5 quid so its now actually lower than what he pulled the origonal item at, mind you it seems they may have been bidding it up with fake accounts as plenty of people have noticed this persons actions it seems 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Although there are these idiots that withdraw stuff from sale just before bidding ends, there are a few idiots that bid/order stuff that they have no intention of paying for. 

Certainly are and word soon gets round as to who they are, those that do that sort of thing need to remember that model dealers/sellers/builders talk to each other so they get found out very quickly, especially if it’s forum members involved. 

• Like 5

i did mention that the collectors world is small and there names are out there in a reply on facebook .dont get me wrong  , had they listed with a reserve and it wasnt hit, fine ,but pulling a lot like that once people are bidding, although most seem to have been their own second fake  accounts it seems , with out any mention of a reserve or the fact its also on sale at the same time elsewhere(facebook) is just wrong. 

• Like 1