What really annoyed you today

30 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Burst a tyre in a pot hole .. The tyre was new ... 225/45 R18 ...ain't cheap for a good branded one . The roads around my area are in sh*t after all the bad weather & the local council are slow on sorting it .

put the claim in justin, pic of the pot hole and your bill, see what they say,  they do pay out as someone at work had a wheel damaged which lead to a new tyre as well and his track rod end bent in one, put it in ,granted it took nearly 6 months but they paid out 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

put the claim in justin, pic of the pot hole and your bill, see what they say,  they do pay out as someone at work had a wheel damaged which lead to a new tyre as well and his track rod end bent in one, put it in ,granted it took nearly 6 months but they paid out 

Thing is Sean .. I think you need 3 strikes over here before you can claim .. But I'm going to go about it anyways . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

3? dos the cyclist or biker get 3 strikes before they can claim if they get thrown off?? doubt it,if its bad enough to destroy a tyre then its bad enough to kill them.

No .. It's not that way . You just need prof ... 3 different receipts on different dates for new tyres + pictures of the pot holes on 3 occasions .. But if a repair is carried out on a known pot hole & that repair up lifts again ... and you happen to hit it , then a pic of that is more than enough on a 1 strike , because it proves the councils repair did not work & they are liable . But a pot hole caused by natural causes ... they can fight it & win most of the time . Over here they just throw in a shovel or 2 of tar into a pothole full of rainwater & it's washed out again in a few days !! That's were you can catch them , but it's still just tax payers money going to waste at the same time . Road tax here is calculated on the size engine you have in your car . So if I drive a small Yaris with a 1 litre engine ..tax is small , if it's a BMW M3 or something like it ... then it's huge !! I drive a 09 Mazda 6 petrol 1.8 & it costs we 600 quid a year for road tax . It's enough for our shitty roads !!!

Edited by justy 46

8 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

just managed to remove the end of my finger whilst grating some cheese for tea, dam jospeh jospeh graters like a samurai sword  sharpness wise , taken a slice out about 3/4 of a cm square by 5 mm deep and hell does it sting 

Ouch !!

18 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

Some infuriating twonk bidding and retracting bids on two of my eBay auctions...fortunately they did OK...but then get messages asking if one of the tractors they retracted the bid on sold!? 

Jog on!!!

I have a seller that seems to follow all the items I Bid on and then keeps out bidding me, a few days later I then see some of the items back on sale with the original seller as the bidder never paid up :( I wonder if its the same person

23 minutes ago, b_emmons said:

I have a seller that seems to follow all the items I Bid on and then keeps out bidding me, a few days later I then see some of the items back on sale with the original seller as the bidder never paid up :( I wonder if its the same person

Sounds like shill bidding to me........  I only ever bid what I want to pay, at least even if its shilled, you will only pay what you are happy with!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Sounds like shill bidding to me........  I only ever bid what I want to pay, at least even if its shilled, you will only pay what you are happy with!

that is what I do as well, always have an upper limit and stick to it :)

Thank you for some great models I brought of Ebay from you, the Valtra gold and orange Claas :)

3 hours ago, b_emmons said:

This one seemed like a newish account...i just thought the first retraction seemed a bit odd as they said that they werent after a UH Arion with a weight...wanted the front link version...but the photo showed the front end pretty clearly...but then another retracted bid due - excuse that time was bid wrong amount ...then promptly lost the auction and asking me if it had sold?! 

Also still getting the same Italian guy asking if i ship to Italy every time i have anything farm related on there...has never bid on any item..so I've stopped replying now!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CX820Joe said:

This one seemed like a newish account...i just thought the first retraction seemed a bit odd as they said that they werent after a UH Arion with a weight...wanted the front link version...but the photo showed the front end pretty clearly...but then another retracted bid due - excuse that time was bid wrong amount ...then promptly lost the auction and asking me if it had sold?! 

Also still getting the same Italian guy asking if i ship to Italy every time i have anything farm related on there...has never bid on any item..so I've stopped replying now!

I think there is a way you can block buyers

Paul have you not used the Global shipping programme on ebay yet?   Ive sold several through it now and its actually very easy.............You sell a model to Mr International buyer and then write out the ebay supplied address to the GSP centre in Derby which will include the buyers hashtag ref#xxxxxxx ......................so for a small 2nd class parcel you pay 2.90 or whatever which the buyer has already paid for anyway and post it off to the GSP depot and that's it!!!.................its then upto the GSP too charge the buyer for the transit from Derby to outer Mongolia or wherever he lives, you don't get involved:)

Once you have done one its a piece of cake and lets face it all bidders pushing up the price are welcome aren't they:D

Edited by bluegreen
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Paul have you not used the Global shipping programme on ebay yet?   Ive sold several through it now and its actually very easy.............You sell a model to Mr International buyer and then write out the ebay supplied address to the GSP centre in Derby which will include the buyers hashtag ref#xxxxxxx ......................so for a small 2nd class parcel you pay 2.90 or whatever which the buyer has already paid for anyway and post it off to the GSP depot and that's it!!!.................its then upto the GSP too charge the buyer for the transit from Derby to outer Mongolia or wherever he lives, you don't get involved:)

Once you have done one its a piece of cake and lets face it all bidders pushing up the price are welcome aren't they:D

thanks for that Phil,i had no idea

• Like 2

The fact that an individual on here used the forum as a means of conning fellow members out of their money, abusing the trust of people( myself included) to make himself a bit of extra cash. I think it is a very sad day when something like this happens, obviously the said individual has no conscience or moral values whatsoever. However, you live and learn and I for one will perhaps be a little less trusting in future. What a sad reflection of the world we live in today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 844john said:

The fact that an individual on here used the forum as a means of conning fellow members out of their money, abusing the trust of people( myself included) to make himself a bit of extra cash. I think it is a very sad day when something like this happens, obviously the said individual has no conscience or moral values whatsoever. However, you live and learn and I for one will perhaps be a little less trusting in future. What a sad reflection of the world we live in today.

Including myself also, you live and learn, especially seeing one of the items I should have had sitting on Ebay!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Including myself also, you live and learn, especially seeing one of the items I should have had sitting on Ebay!

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I'm still hopeful about the item I paid for! But I must admit, seeing all this makes me worry..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Janval said:

I'm still hopeful about the item I paid for! But I must admit, seeing all this makes me worry..

i doubt very much whether the items will turn up now Jan, on reflection I did think at the time that his emails ( when he replied) were very short and impersonal as if he really couldn't be bothered. Obviously he could not....

• Like 2

The prat conned me as well. Thank you to some forum members who helped me locate him, his phone number, his address and his business on faceslap. I won't tell you what I said to him on the phone yesterday but I have been refunded. Who says threats of violence gets you nowhere.:)

• Like 6